Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets West 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ekill08x

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely LOVE this. Geno is taking this competition seriously, something Mark has never done. By not showing its giving him the psychological edge over Sanchez and that might be all it takes considering how weak minded Mark is. If Geno goes out and is sharp in camp and in his first preseason action, Mark will be shot.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
moham-17

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
I absolutely LOVE this. Geno is taking this competition seriously, something Mark has never done. By not showing its giving him the psychological edge over Sanchez and that might be all it takes considering how weak minded Mark is. If Geno goes out and is sharp in camp and in his first preseason action, Mark will be shot.

I agree with your first assumption that this could be a sign that Geno is taking the competition very seriously, but how does his not showing up give him the psycho-edge over Sanchez?

Unless you mean it's somehow intimidating to Mark that the rookie isn't showing up to his camp?
ekill08x

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

I agree with your first assumption that this could be a sign that Geno is taking the competition very seriously, but how does his not showing up give him the psycho-edge over Sanchez?

Unless you mean it's somehow intimidating to Mark that the rookie isn't showing up to his camp?

Because last year Tebow went, was all smiles and was of no legit threat to Marks job what so ever. Now comes in this rookie, who many thought could go top 5, hes a better athlete and much more physically gifted and he decides he wants to do things on his own. Mark Sanchez is extremely insecure. As much as he likes to pretend hes not to the media and the fans, he really doesn't have a tenth of the confidence he says he does. After over analyzing the situation like the little girl he is, Sanchez is probably thinking to himself that Geno doesn't want to the poor techniques Mark has developed.

This is a full out competition and Mark has no choice but to rise to the occasion, something he never has had to do, and might not be capable of.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Bobikus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who didn't follow the Jets much before Geno got drafted, what IS Jets West?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an awful move on Geno Smith's part IMO.

I do like the aspect that he is taking this seriously and not trying to be best friends.

But how can a raw QB, who has looked awful in all accounts so far, pass up the opportunity to work with some of his teammates and build some extra chemistry?

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
green24

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
As someone who didn't follow the Jets much before Geno got drafted, what IS Jets West?

It's a mini-minicamp that Mark Sanchez hosts in California with a lot of the RBs, WRs, and TEs on the team.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do any of the team' actual coaches take part, or is it just Sanchez's own little thing?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetfan66 wrote:
It is an awful move on Geno Smith's part IMO.

I do like the aspect that he is taking this seriously and not trying to be best friends.

But how can a raw QB, who has looked awful in all accounts so far, pass up the opportunity to work with some of his teammates and build some extra chemistry?

I was just thinking about this. He will get the chance during training camp, but he need all the time he can get. We don't have a great WR core, so chemistry is important.

I just hope the locker room doesn't split up over this. Players like Mangold & Holmes saying Sanchez is the guy and now he's not at Jets West to work with the targets. The good thing is that Geno will get more 1-1 time with the coaches to work on his footwork. So there are some goods & bads out of this, we'll just have to wait until preseason to judge.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
Do any of the team' actual coaches take part, or is it just Sanchez's own little thing?
No coaches.
Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno's got a lot to work on if he wants to seriously push Sanchez for the starting position, and if he's preparing himself at a high level training in Florida which I'm assuming he is than I prefer that.

The only thing that this does is make Sanchez look like the good guy to the media. And that's worth absolutely nothing in actuality.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: