Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ranking the Roster: #1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's our number one player?
Josh Freeman
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Doug Martin
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Vincent Jackson
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Carl Nicks
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Davin Joseph
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Gerald McCoy
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Darrelle Revis
54%
 54%  [ 12 ]
Dashon Goldson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Ranking the Roster: #1 Reply with quote

Thought we could pick up the traffic a tad. I have noticed a few other teams have this going on there threads and thougth it would be a good idea to fire up a Buc one.

-I will stop accepting votes for this poll the two days after the OP date @ 11:59pm

-If you vote, PLEASE in turn post in thread 1) Who you voted for 2) Who you would like to be added to the next poll

-Thread is open to discussion about anything pertaining to the rankings. You may respectfully disagree with someone's selection, but please do not "bash" or criticize someone for making a selection. I would like each selection to be made purely off of opinion, no pressure

-If you are a fan of another team just dropping by, feel free to submit a vote or join the discussion. Outside perspective is always welcome

-I will keep this going until we 1) Complete a 30 man roster 2) or interest drops off to the point where the process loses its function, in which cases the amount will be rounded off

1. ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 has got to be Revis. This is assuming he comes back from injury fine, he's the best corner in the league.

Lavonte David should be added. Dude is a monster.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
#1 has got to be Revis. This is assuming he comes back from injury fine, he's the best corner in the league.

Agreed
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it depends on what you mean by #1. If you mean best it has to be Revis, but if you mean most important it's Freeman.

I'm guessing you meant best so I went with Revis.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the hell is it Revis?? He hasn't even played a down for us yet... we have no idea how he's gonna play

Best player on the team is Doug Martin
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
How the hell is it Revis?? He hasn't even played a down for us yet... we have no idea how he's gonna play

Best player on the team is Doug Martin

I said assuming he comes back from injury fine. It's a similar assumption to Doug Martin playing as good as he did as a rookie.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:

I will put David when a guy or two is voted on.

Have eight guys up for debate, didn't want to put the whole roster Very Happy

Love me some David just didn't think some would view him as our best player.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
I guess it depends on what you mean by #1. If you mean best it has to be Revis, but if you mean most important it's Freeman.

I'm guessing you meant best so I went with Revis.

I am thinking best player. If guys want to how important they are on our team opposed to maybe other guys that aren't "as good" that should be good for discussion as well.

With the upgrades on our defense I am not sure Freeman is our most important player though. I know qb is generally the most important position of all but I think the way this team is built the rest can now potentially carry him. Kinda like the 9ers did Alex Smith, the Jets did Mark Sanchez etc. etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure who but I see someone voted for Vincent Jackson.

I was actually thinking about that myself, didn't pull the trigger but was thinking about it.

He is a monster and so valuable to this team. The way he helps out the qb. What he does for the receivers not only in practice but making defenses focus on him taking pressure off of them. How he helps the running game pulling safeties out of the box. He was a huge, huge addition to this team.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

I will put David when a guy or two is voted on.

Have eight guys up for debate, didn't want to put the whole roster Very Happy

Love me some David just didn't think some would view him as our best player.

You said in the OP to write who we think should be added for the next round..I think that should be David.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Doug Martin is going to open some eyes. 1400 yards behind an oline who suffered 2 HUGE injuries to all pro/pro bowl players? Then Shifting Zuttah to G, out of position and having Dotson come in?

Revis is an easy choice, but I'm going with Martin. Lavonte David is just going to be a stud as well. I was sick to my stomach to See Keuchly not only get DROY, but be ranked on the top 100 over David. David, watching the film, was 10X better than that pileJumper (aka Barrett Ruud Jr)
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still say McCoy. He was integral in our rush defense last year and would've had at least 10 sacks if we had had outside rushers.

He'll replicate that season this year.
nate340

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to say Freeman but not because I think he's the best player. More our most important. Because if for some reason we have to plug in one of the other QB's on the team it would drastically change our offense. You'd basically have to cut the playbook in half. I really feel our season is on his shoulders so he has to be #1.

But like others said if he's back healthy Revis is our best player. I'd like to see David added that guys gonna be special.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looking at this thread and our roster, our team is oozing with star potential and talent. Idk why, but I said this a little while back. We had a young team who I compared to similar to the 49er situation. Very talented players on this team. However, it hasn't clicked.

If these guys pan out, man we can be a contender. The biggest Question mark is Freeman. And rightfully so.

I've been hard on Dom, but I even forget sometimes, a lot of the guys he's drafted are just entering year 3. It's a critical year.
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny Gorrer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: