Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alfonzo Dennard arrested for DUI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naq

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
Naq wrote:
This is why just going out and cutting somebody the instant you hear about legal troubles is wrong.

To be fair, the Pats didn't cut Hernandez at the first instant they heard of the investigation, it wasn't until it was announced that he was being investigated for murder that they let him go (and even then they might have known more than the public did at the time)

Hernandez is different, as soon as he was charged and all the evidence came out against him, he had to be cut.

#ParkitForParker

ServantofYHWH wrote:
What do you call 12 millionaires around a TV watching the NBA Finals this year?

The Indiana Pacers
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL so he passed the field sobriety test, passed the breathalyzers but was told he "didn't blow hard enough", and wasn't given a blood test?

This is going to get dismissed, guys.
TheNutGronker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NBT are you back for good or are you just kind of in and out? Might wanna change your name to the PreviousBigThing Razz
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
LOL so he passed the field sobriety test, passed the breathalyzers but was told he "didn't blow hard enough", and wasn't given a blood test?

This is going to get dismissed, guys.

He didn't pass the breathalyzer and typically blood tests aren't given unless drug use is suspected.

Whether or not it gets dismissed seems secondary to the impact on his probation right now.

I'm guessing the prosecution will enter in the cop's testimony, the dashboard cam footage of Dennard's erratic driving (assuming they have video) and the two failed/inadequate tests as evidence. That might be enough to affect his probation and/or get some sort of traffic violation.
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I'm remembering correctly, but I thought it was reported that alcohol use was not prohibited under the terms of his probation. So unless they can prove he was intoxicated while driving, he shouldn't be in violation of his probation, right?

Mack on the sig
Sciz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Pats must send
 message with 
cut of Dennard."

Saw the link, wanted to see who was that stupid. Yep, Borges.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
"Pats must send
 message with 
cut of Dennard."

Saw the link, wanted to see who was that stupid. Yep, Borges.

The more evidence we hear about regarding how this played out, I'm moving further and further away from the ledge. Sounds like a complete botching by the police, and it doesn't sound like Dennard was "drunk" based on the results of the field sobriety test and breathalyser.

I am no where NEAR "lets cut Dennard" any more. Need more to play out.

Deadpulse on the sig!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Nebraska prosecutors are moving to have probation revoked for New England Patriots' defensive back Alfonzo Dennard.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/nebraska-moves-revoke-dennards-probation

Oh, oh... that would mean Dennard will be sent to jail.
Tom Brady Tribute
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Nebraska prosecutors are moving to have probation revoked for New England Patriots' defensive back Alfonzo Dennard.

His probation is for 2 years. If it gets revoked, Dennard probably goes to prison. I think some people are assuming that if he gets a probation violation that he will just have to serve his 30 day delayed sentence now (instead of after the season). But the ramifications, should the prosecution pursue this aggressively, are much more severe for both Dennard and the team.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

His probation is for 2 years. If it gets revoked, Dennard probably goes to prison. I think some people are assuming that if he gets a probation violation that he will just have to serve his 30 day delayed sentence now (instead of after the season). But the ramifications, should the prosecution pursue this aggressively, are much more severe for both Dennard and the team.

Thats a big IF though. No doubt Dennard will have a top notch lawyer and the evidence against him, if what has been reported is accurate, is circumstantial/flimsy at best, especially if he really did pass a field sobriety test.

I can totally see the judge wanting to go hard on him tho for his past run in with the law and getting away with just a slap on the wrist.

Either way Dennard should have known better than to go back there after what happened. If I were him I would never go back to that state again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

Thats a big IF though. No doubt Dennard will have a top notch lawyer and the evidence against him, if what has been reported is accurate, is circumstantial/flimsy at best, especially if he really did pass a field sobriety test.

I can totally see the judge wanting to go hard on him tho for his past run in with the law and getting away with just a slap on the wrist.

Either way Dennard should have known better than to go back there after what happened. If I were him I would never go back to that state again.

Yes, it's the worst case scenario and IMO unlikely but it is possible that the judge will be pushed to sentence him to more jail time in lieu of probation. I do think that a few months more jail time is realistic.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

Yes, it's the worst case scenario and IMO unlikely but it is possible that the judge will be pushed to sentence him to more jail time in lieu of probation. I do think that a few months more jail time is realistic.

yea I agree.

I just can't believe he would a.) Go back to Nebraska and b.) Even have one beer and drive, after everything that has happened with him.

If I remember correctly he was there to visit his gf and baby. Being a pro athlete I don't think it would have been too much of a financial burden to fly his gf out to Mass 1st class and then back home.

He was soooo lucky with the sentence he got for getting in a tussle with a cop, he should have known going back was a bad idea.

If he ends up missing a part or all of this season due to jail time, which I think would mean the Pats will cut him with everything that has happened lately, then the Pats are once again screwed in the secondary, talent and depth wise.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***

Quote:
Alfonzo Dennard won’t be cut by Patriots

Patriots second-year cornerback Alfonzo Dennard has not had the best offseason, first earning a deferred 30-day jail sentence for assaulting a police officer and then getting arrested last Thursday in Lincoln, Neb., under suspicion of DUI.

But despite the two arrests, and despite the negative publicity generated recently by the Aaron Hernandez situation, the Patriots do not plan on cutting Dennard, a league source told the Globe.

The team is, however, prepared for Dennard to be suspended by the NFL under the player conduct policy. As a reference point, Lions cornerback Aaron Berry was suspended for three games in 2012 after getting arrested twice in the offseason. An NFL spokesman said only that Dennard’s case is “under review.”

Tom Brady Tribute
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pleases me!

I hope he really tries to stay out of these situations he seems to be finding himself in, fault of his own.

Come on Fonzi!

Deadpulse on the sig!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***

Quote:
Alfonzo Dennard won’t be cut by Patriots

Patriots second-year cornerback Alfonzo Dennard has not had the best offseason, first earning a deferred 30-day jail sentence for assaulting a police officer and then getting arrested last Thursday in Lincoln, Neb., under suspicion of DUI.

But despite the two arrests, and despite the negative publicity generated recently by the Aaron Hernandez situation, the Patriots do not plan on cutting Dennard, a league source told the Globe.

The team is, however, prepared for Dennard to be suspended by the NFL under the player conduct policy. As a reference point, Lions cornerback Aaron Berry was suspended for three games in 2012 after getting arrested twice in the offseason. An NFL spokesman said only that Dennard’s case is “under review.”

Absolutely you keep him. Worst case scenario, he's unavailable his year because of this mess... and you still keep him for 2014. Because without him, the corner situation is bad in the short term and disastrous in the long term. Cut him, and the 2014 defense is a Talib payday and a Dowling injury away from being an epic dumpster fire. AND he is cost controlled.

I just don't see how you could justify cutting him, unless he gets the 2 year sentence.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: