Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alfonzo Dennard arrested for DUI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TheNutGronker


Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Posts: 1539
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naq wrote:
This is why just going out and cutting somebody the instant you hear about legal troubles is wrong.

Agreed with your overall point but like dhunt said at least the Patriots waited until Hernandez was formally charged with murder before taking action. Wish the fans would follow the same lead and not be ready to jump ship and scream "CUT HIM!!" without getting all the details first
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
samgurl775


Joined: 09 Oct 2009
Posts: 11414
Location: Lake Tahoe, NV
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if this isn't the greatest offseason ever I don't know what is.
_________________

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 22304
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
Good news I guess.


As Tzimisce said, either Dennard is lying or Lincoln cops are scumbags. Only one of those outcomes is really good news.

If Dennard passed a field sobriety test and blew negative twice, perhaps a good lawyer may be able to get him 'reckless driving' rather than a DUI.


He didn't blow negative twice, he didn't blow hard enough for the test to get an accurate reading. It's a common (but stupid) trick people do to try to "fool" the test. After two insufficient samples, the cop put him as a refusal.

I don't see why that part is "good news." At best, it's inconclusive, but I think the "cops have it in for him" line of thinking is way off. It's not hard to provide enough breath for the test to get an accurate sample. A pro athlete, in good physical shape, should have absolutely no problem supplying enough breath for the test to register a sample. It's not a matter of the cop saying "you didn't blow hard enough," because the machine automatically registers the sample. There's little room to blame the cops for the breathalyzer if those reports are true.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sciz


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 15642
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
He didn't blow negative twice, he didn't blow hard enough for the test to get an accurate reading. It's a common (but stupid) trick people do to try to "fool" the test. After two insufficient samples, the cop put him as a refusal.

I don't see why that part is "good news." At best, it's inconclusive, but I think the "cops have it in for him" line of thinking is way off. It's not hard to provide enough breath for the test to get an accurate sample. A pro athlete, in good physical shape, should have absolutely no problem supplying enough breath for the test to register a sample. It's not a matter of the cop saying "you didn't blow hard enough," because the machine automatically registers the sample. There's little room to blame the cops for the breathalyzer if those reports are true.

Do the machines say if you didn't blow hard enough? Those tweets make it sound like he blew under and then the cop decided himself that Dennard didn't blow hard enough.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 22304
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
He didn't blow negative twice, he didn't blow hard enough for the test to get an accurate reading. It's a common (but stupid) trick people do to try to "fool" the test. After two insufficient samples, the cop put him as a refusal.

I don't see why that part is "good news." At best, it's inconclusive, but I think the "cops have it in for him" line of thinking is way off. It's not hard to provide enough breath for the test to get an accurate sample. A pro athlete, in good physical shape, should have absolutely no problem supplying enough breath for the test to register a sample. It's not a matter of the cop saying "you didn't blow hard enough," because the machine automatically registers the sample. There's little room to blame the cops for the breathalyzer if those reports are true.

Do the machines say if you didn't blow hard enough? Those tweets make it sound like he blew under and then the cop decided himself that Dennard didn't blow hard enough.


Yes, the machine has a sensor it in which beeps when it gets enough breath for a testable sample. The cop would have (presumably) instructed Dennard to blow into it until it beeps.

Unless they're using an atypical type of device, the process should be totally automated. If the machine doesn't get enough breath for a valid sample, it will error out and you have to try again. That he failed twice to provide a valid sample means that he was purposely trying to mess with the sample, the machine is defective or Dennard has an undiagnosed and quite serious lung problem.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
larrywhigham25


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 388
Location: taunton, ma
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am no expert. but the whole "he did not blow hard enough" thing is insane. who knows how hard is hard enough? he would have to have the nerve of a cat burglar to have the guts to be drunk, go in there, know how hard to blow, and get away with it twice.

This is a clear example of the cops being made to look stupid from the initial case and trying to get revenge. The only thing I will say is he should not be in Lincoln, Nebraska. Nothing but trouble out there for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 22304
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

larrywhigham25 wrote:
who knows how hard is hard enough?


The machine knows how hard is enough. That's how it works. It beeps when it has enough air (breath) to produce a valid BAC result. That's why the cop says "blow until it beeps".

It's not like the cop stands there and says "hmmm well it doesn't look like you blew enough air in there...."

It's all automated, if the official report is that he didn't blow enough air, that's the machine saying that. That's not the opinion of the cop. So, either the machine is faulty, or Dennard purposely tried to blow a weak breath in the hopes of tricking the machine or providing a bad sample.

I'm surprised more people haven't heard of blowing weakly to try to fool the machine or (if you know/suspect you're over the limit) to prevent a documented BAC for the court record/police report. That "method" has been out there for literally decades. It's up there with making yourself hyperventilate and sucking pennies as ways people try to beat the test.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PatriotsWin!


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 17771
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did they not test his blood if that's the case?
_________________

Mack on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
larrywhigham25


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 388
Location: taunton, ma
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
Why did they not test his blood if that's the case?


again, i am no expert but i assume if you can refuse a breath test, i am sure you can refuse a blood test.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
larrywhigham25


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 388
Location: taunton, ma
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
larrywhigham25 wrote:
who knows how hard is hard enough?


The machine knows how hard is enough. That's how it works. It beeps when it has enough air (breath) to produce a valid BAC result. That's why the cop says "blow until it beeps".

It's not like the cop stands there and says "hmmm well it doesn't look like you blew enough air in there...."

It's all automated, if the official report is that he didn't blow enough air, that's the machine saying that. That's not the opinion of the cop. So, either the machine is faulty, or Dennard purposely tried to blow a weak breath in the hopes of tricking the machine or providing a bad sample.

I'm surprised more people haven't heard of blowing weakly to try to fool the machine or (if you know/suspect you're over the limit) to prevent a documented BAC for the court record/police report. That "method" has been out there for literally decades. It's up there with making yourself hyperventilate and sucking pennies as ways people try to beat the test.


again, i will preface by saying i do not know much. But it does not matter of the machine knows. If Dennard was tryin gto deceive, he would have to know just how much power he had to use to blow into the machine. And while drunk, be aware of how to beat it. I do not buy it. and maybe I am naive because he is one of my favorite guys on the team, but this smells, and I think he is being set up. That being said, if he is guilty, he deserves any punishment that comes his way. Between the AH81 situation and the probation he is under, he is moronic beyond belief if he was driving around drunk.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 22304
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

larrywhigham25 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
larrywhigham25 wrote:
who knows how hard is hard enough?


The machine knows how hard is enough. That's how it works. It beeps when it has enough air (breath) to produce a valid BAC result. That's why the cop says "blow until it beeps".

It's not like the cop stands there and says "hmmm well it doesn't look like you blew enough air in there...."

It's all automated, if the official report is that he didn't blow enough air, that's the machine saying that. That's not the opinion of the cop. So, either the machine is faulty, or Dennard purposely tried to blow a weak breath in the hopes of tricking the machine or providing a bad sample.

I'm surprised more people haven't heard of blowing weakly to try to fool the machine or (if you know/suspect you're over the limit) to prevent a documented BAC for the court record/police report. That "method" has been out there for literally decades. It's up there with making yourself hyperventilate and sucking pennies as ways people try to beat the test.


again, i will preface by saying i do not know much. But it does not matter of the machine knows. If Dennard was tryin gto deceive, he would have to know just how much power he had to use to blow into the machine. And while drunk, be aware of how to beat it. I do not buy it. and maybe I am naive because he is one of my favorite guys on the team, but this smells, and I think he is being set up. That being said, if he is guilty, he deserves any punishment that comes his way. Between the AH81 situation and the probation he is under, he is moronic beyond belief if he was driving around drunk.


So you think the test is lying? Or that the cop is lying that the test produced an "invalid sample" result? Because those results are computerized and a matter of record. So if he produced a bad sample, it will be entered into evidence in court. It would be pretty silly for the cops to lie about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheNutGronker


Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Posts: 1539
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
larrywhigham25 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
larrywhigham25 wrote:
who knows how hard is hard enough?


The machine knows how hard is enough. That's how it works. It beeps when it has enough air (breath) to produce a valid BAC result. That's why the cop says "blow until it beeps".

It's not like the cop stands there and says "hmmm well it doesn't look like you blew enough air in there...."

It's all automated, if the official report is that he didn't blow enough air, that's the machine saying that. That's not the opinion of the cop. So, either the machine is faulty, or Dennard purposely tried to blow a weak breath in the hopes of tricking the machine or providing a bad sample.

I'm surprised more people haven't heard of blowing weakly to try to fool the machine or (if you know/suspect you're over the limit) to prevent a documented BAC for the court record/police report. That "method" has been out there for literally decades. It's up there with making yourself hyperventilate and sucking pennies as ways people try to beat the test.


again, i will preface by saying i do not know much. But it does not matter of the machine knows. If Dennard was tryin gto deceive, he would have to know just how much power he had to use to blow into the machine. And while drunk, be aware of how to beat it. I do not buy it. and maybe I am naive because he is one of my favorite guys on the team, but this smells, and I think he is being set up. That being said, if he is guilty, he deserves any punishment that comes his way. Between the AH81 situation and the probation he is under, he is moronic beyond belief if he was driving around drunk.


So you think the test is lying? Or that the cop is lying that the test produced an "invalid sample" result? Because those results are computerized and a matter of record. So if he produced a bad sample, it will be entered into evidence in court. It would be pretty silly for the cops to lie about it.

Even if he did provide a bad sample, it doesn't mean he purposely tried to get out of taking the test. You can't prove he was purposely not blowing hard enough, and there was no other kind of hard evidence of just how much he had to drink that much other than a field sobriety test that he (apparently) passed.

FYI, it doesn't just go by how long you blow air into it, you have to blow hard enough. It actually is a little more difficult than it looks like on Cops and MADD PSA's
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 22304
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheNutGronker wrote:

FYI, it doesn't just go by how long you blow air into it, you have to blow hard enough. It actually is a little more difficult than it looks like on Cops and MADD PSA's


It goes by how long insofar as it needs a certain amount of sample to "accurately" determine the alcohol content in your lungs. You're supposed to blow hard so that you exhale enough air to get a good sample.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HOVA333


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 4748
Location: Brockton MA Richard Sherman is a Pansy
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Dennard got the Taiwanese animation treatment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o3BZfjGGxGs#at=93


Did I just watch a sims game?
_________________

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
PatriotsWin!


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 17771
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
TheNutGronker wrote:

FYI, it doesn't just go by how long you blow air into it, you have to blow hard enough. It actually is a little more difficult than it looks like on Cops and MADD PSA's


It goes by how long insofar as it needs a certain amount of sample to "accurately" determine the alcohol content in your lungs. You're supposed to blow hard so that you exhale enough air to get a good sample.


Actually you shouldn't blow hard, that can result in inaccurate high readings. You do need to blow at least 5 seconds to get a good reading tho.
_________________

Mack on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group