Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breakout Rusher

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J!E!T!S! 4life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Breakout Rusher Reply with quote

Been a long time reader of this forum but rarely post, however, I came across a good article by Eric Allen that got me reminiscing about the good old days when we consistently had top pass rushers. The combination of Shaun Ellis and John Abraham on the edges still gives me chills. But we havent had a 10 sack season from anyone since Abraham left. Now we have a few solid pass rushers that might be able to snap that streak. Wilkerson might have the best shot at it but Coples is also primed for a breakout season now that he is standing up. So what do you guys think? Anyone have a chance at a 10 sack season this year?

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-insidewithea/Is-a-Jet-in-Line-for-Double-Digit-Sacks/e60124e4-bf9e-4bad-a494-ab53a1e3ff04

JakeDaSnake83 on the sig
green24

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Coples will have ten sacks.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we will have a 10+ sack guy this season, but I think we will have a few in the 5-7 sack range making our total team sacks high. Richardson, Coples, Wilk, and Barnes. I'm starting to think Sapp will finally show us something this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I don't think we will have a 10+ sack guy this season, but I think we will have a few in the 5-7 sack range making our total team sacks high. Richardson, Coples, Wilk, and Barnes. I'm starting to think Sapp will finally show us something this year.

Yeah Cope has the best shot at 10 and I think he may end up right at 10 which would be a solid number for him in his second year. I think Barnes could be the dark horse here with close to 10 as well.

Props to Mack on the sig
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are able to play the style of D that they want to, Coples has the best shot, with Barnes a close second. If Coples takes another step like he did the 2nd half of last season, he's the guy.

The problem again will be that if the offense consistently fails to put together drives and control some of the clock, the defense will be on the field the whole game. Once that happens, teams start to run, play action becomes deadly and the defense has no margin for error so they lose their aggressiveness.

The offense doesn't even have to score a ton of points. Just control some clock, gain the edge in field position and give the defense some rest. If they do that, someone is getting 10 sacks.

- Cliff Burton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: