Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Day in the Life Will Johnson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Day in the Life Will Johnson Reply with quote

Day in the Life Will Johnson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Steelproven. Thanks for posting this. Will J is officially my favorite Steeler now that Harrison and Casey are gone. BUT, I will have to get his jersey now. Dude was born about two blocks from where I was and grew up (all be it about 10 years later). I still work for the city there, so I can't help but root for him.

Thanks Lyasr 529
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's been one of my favorite steelers since they picked him up. I can't remember what thread it was but on one page I wrote about him several times, I think it was the running game thread. Then someone said they don't believe some one had talked about Will Johnson so much before. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Johnson just might be the most overhyped fullback we had, not a bad thing but it sure is very unusual for us to have a... complete fullback who can run, catch, and block. Is he going to be involved with the passing game more? Will we have misdirection running plays? How good can Will Johnson be? I'm loving this kid and love all the work he's put in so far.

To my knowledge, Will Johnson is much more athletic than Chris Cooley (Cooley ran a 4.87 at NFL Combine back in 2004) and i'd like to think that's Will Johnson's ceiling but he may surpass if we utilitize him!
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Will Johnson just might be the most overhyped fullback we had, not a bad thing but it sure is very unusual for us to have a... complete fullback who can run, catch, and block. Is he going to be involved with the passing game more? Will we have misdirection running plays? How good can Will Johnson be? I'm loving this kid and love all the work he's put in so far.

To my knowledge, Will Johnson is much more athletic than Chris Cooley (Cooley ran a 4.87 at NFL Combine back in 2004) and i'd like to think that's Will Johnson's ceiling but he may surpass if we utilitize him!
I don't think he compares well to Cooley. Cooley made an easy transition to pass catching tight end after 2004 when Gibbs used him as an H-Back, I'm not sure Will Johnson will ever be that great of a receiver.

I think Johnson will remain at full back
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Johnson was a TE at WVU. He's an underrated receiver because we haven't seen enough but nothing suggest he's a strictly fullback. Plus with Heath being IR'ed early on, I expect to see him being involved in passing games a lot.

Its not what I'm giving credits for; its what I'm waiting to see.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: