Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaws ranks RG3 13th Qb in the NFL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Sassan11 wrote:
Not to take anything away from RG3, he is going to be a special qb and i'm happy to have him but I would still take Luck over him. Colts were a garbage team hence why they were able to draft him. He carried his team to the playoffs. We had a great rushing attack to help us get in the playoffs. Not saying RG3 didn't do his part but I would rank Luck ahead of RG3 at this point. I would take Rg3 over Russell tho.

He carried them down the strech with games like these?

W 28-16 14 28 191 50.0 2 0

W 20-13 17 35 205 48.6 1 0

L 17-29 13 27 186 48.1 2 0

W 27-23 16 34 196 47.1 1 2

That's Score, Completions, Attempts, Yard, Completion Percentage, Touchdowns, and Picks.

That defense carried the team, not Luck. That's people trying to make their narrative fit reality.
in fairness, check RG3's stats down the stretch. It's clear our defense and Alfred Morris carried us after RG3 was injured.

I do agree though, all around rg3 is a better player. He can do everything Luck can do and more.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/playergamelog?playerId=14875&season=2012&lang=EN

13 NYG 163 1
14 BAL 242 1
15 DID NOT PLAY
16 @PHI 198 2
17 DAL 100 1

POSTSEASON-WAS

WILD SEA 84 2

Your weeks are messed up Turtle. We definitely played the Giants after the Browns when RG was hurt. There is absolutely no way he doesn't blow those stats out of the water if he's not hurt.
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
Not to take anything away from RG3, he is going to be a special qb and i'm happy to have him but I would still take Luck over him. Colts were a garbage team hence why they were able to draft him. He carried his team to the playoffs. We had a great rushing attack to help us get in the playoffs. Not saying RG3 didn't do his part but I would rank Luck ahead of RG3 at this point. I would take Rg3 over Russell tho.

Yeah except the roster turnover for that team was ridiculous. Luck wasn't better and the reality is it wasn't even close. If you honestly believe Luck carried that team with the amount of times he turned the ball over then I have no clue what to tell you....
Marcus21

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No disrespect to Jaws, but he is an idiot. He s old school to a fault. There is no way Griff isn't top 10! Jaws has Russel Wilson, Matt Shaub, and Andrew Luck ahead of Griff. Therefor he has no credibility to me!
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaws probably put himself above Griffin on the list.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell Wilson grabbed 12th.

What I have an issue is this:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/52722/rg-xiii-griffin-13th-in-jaws-qb-countdown
Quote:
Itís rare when I evaluate rookies so highly. I believe in performance over time. But in the case of Robert Griffin III, his individual play and his overall impact was so extraordinary, that he comes in at No. 13 on my quarterback big board.

And yet, Wilson and Luck are ahead of him. Kaepernick isn't technically a rookie, but he didn't get any playing time until midway through last year ... but he's a better QB. Okay.

Whatever. I'll cheer on Griffin "XIII."
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/52722/rg-xiii-griffin-13th-in-jaws-qb-countdown
Quote:
Itís rare when I evaluate rookies so highly. I believe in performance over time. But in the case of Robert Griffin III, his individual play and his overall impact was so extraordinary, that he comes in at No. 13 on my quarterback big board.

And yet, Wilson and Luck are ahead of him. Kaepernick isn't technically a rookie, but he didn't get any playing time until midway through last year ... but he's a better QB. Okay.

The best part was the intro on ESPN to the story claiming "Wilson the clear cut best rookie QB" last year. ESPN has become such a troll channel.
Brian23

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Sassan11 wrote:

That's Score, Completions, Attempts, Yard, Completion Percentage, Touchdowns, and Picks.

That defense carried the team, not Luck. That's people trying to make their narrative fit reality.
in fairness, check RG3's stats down the stretch. It's clear our defense and Alfred Morris carried us after RG3 was injured.

I do agree though, all around rg3 is a better player. He can do everything Luck can do and more.

13 NYG 163 1
14 BAL 242 1
15 DID NOT PLAY
16 @PHI 198 2
17 DAL 100 1

POSTSEASON-WAS

WILD SEA 84 2

Which has what to do with Luck "Carrying them" down the stretch? RGIII had a phenomenal year but people have been lawding this "down the stretch run" by Luck as a means to hold him above Griffin.

He didn't carry them, he was actually not even really good in those games.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Sassan11 wrote:

13 NYG 163 1
14 BAL 242 1
15 DID NOT PLAY
16 @PHI 198 2
17 DAL 100 1

POSTSEASON-WAS

WILD SEA 84 2

Your weeks are messed up Turtle. We definitely played the Giants after the Browns when RG was hurt. There is absolutely no way he doesn't blow those stats out of the water if he's not hurt.
1. I got it from ESPN, he definitely was 100% healthy in both Giants games.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Washington_Redskins_season

I do agree that rg3's stats would have been probably double if he was healthy

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Sassan11 wrote:

13 NYG 163 1
14 BAL 242 1
15 DID NOT PLAY
16 @PHI 198 2
17 DAL 100 1

POSTSEASON-WAS

WILD SEA 84 2

Which has what to do with Luck "Carrying them" down the stretch? RGIII had a phenomenal year but people have been lawding this "down the stretch run" by Luck as a means to hold him above Griffin.

He didn't carry them, he was actually not even really good in those games.
True. Is agree

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Woz wrote:

Quote:

The best part was the intro on ESPN to the story claiming "Wilson the clear cut best rookie QB" last year. ESPN has become such a troll channel.
Yep, yep. I agree guys it's a crock of ish... Laughing

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bloguin.com/thisgivensunday/2013-articles/july/biggest-questions-heading-into-the-nfl-season.html

Check out the last paragraph. He thinks Wilson & Luck fall off from last years success. He says RG3 maintains last years success.

Ktizzzlee21

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give RG3 Seattles defense and he would of lost 3 games...maybe.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktizzzlee21 wrote:
Give RG3 Seattles defense and he would of lost 3 games...maybe.
agreed. I can't wait to watch this years D with Rak back, Meriweather back and the new talent in the secondary. I think the D's going to be close to top 10 or top 10 and the skins will be better

DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
Jaws probably put himself above Griffin on the list.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yep, and soon as RG3 is doing well he'll put his glasses on and try to look smart by dissecting 3 plays and showing how smart RG3 was with his throws Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://www.bloguin.com/thisgivensunday/2013-articles/july/biggest-questions-heading-into-the-nfl-season.html

Check out the last paragraph. He thinks Wilson & Luck fall off from last years success. He says RG3 maintains last years success.

While I do agree Wilson may fall off, I believe Luck will improve. Mostly because of all the intangibles that were discussed before the draft. But really I don't see how he doesn't improve that Horrid number of INT's he threw, even if he gets less wins Overall.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: