Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaws ranks RG3 13th Qb in the NFL
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Jaws ranks RG3 13th Qb in the NFL Reply with quote

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2013/07/jaworski-ranks-rg3-13th.html

What do you guys think of Jaws ranking?

IMO it's a bit low. I thought he'd be top 10, probably around 7 or 8.

Quote:
Judging from the reaction I've seen so far, I think that strikes many has being a bit too low. Griffin was the Offensive Rookie of the Year, an award he got for, among other things, setting NFL rookie records for passer rating and interception percentage, and leading the Redskins to their first division title since 1999.
Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck, RG3's fellow 2012 rookies, have not yet been ranked and therefore will be ahead of Griffin in the rankings. So will Colin Kaepernick, who started seven games for the 49ers last year.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaws ranks RG3 13th Qb in the NFL Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2013/07/jaworski-ranks-rg3-13th.html

Quote:
Judging from the reaction I've seen so far, I think that strikes many has being a bit too low. Griffin was the Offensive Rookie of the Year, an award he got for, among other things, setting NFL rookie records for passer rating and interception percentage, and leading the Redskins to their first division title since 1999.
Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck, RG3's fellow 2012 rookies, have not yet been ranked and therefore will be ahead of Griffin in the rankings. So will Colin Kaepernick, who started seven games for the 49ers last year.
He's still just a pup. He had a great rookie season but needs to continue to prove his ability (which I think he will). Add that to his knee injury and 13 sounds about right to me. Another season like last year and he'll be in the top 7.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 6 tackles
Jordan Reed - 1 catch, 4 rec yards, 1 bum hamstring
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the G M's of at least half of the 12 in front of him would do an even swap today -- So, he is top 10.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
I think the G M's of at least half of the 12 in front of him would do an even swap today -- So, he is top 10.
Trade value includes age and potential though. That's why he's so valuable. Jaws is ranking the top QBs as far as current ability and performance.

Adopt - a - Redskin
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaws ranks RG3 13th Qb in the NFL Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

He's still just a pup. He had a great rookie season but needs to continue to prove his ability (which I think he will). Add that to his knee injury and 13 sounds about right to me. Another season like last year and he'll be in the top 7.
so you agree that Andrew Luck, Colin Kapernick and Russell Wilson are better players than RG3?

Jaws has them both ranked higher.

Who was rookie of the year again?...

Oh yeah, that was rg3 Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaws ranks RG3 13th Qb in the NFL Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

so you agree that Andrew Luck, Colin Kapernick and Russell Wilson are better players than RG3?

I didn't read the article. But knowing that now no I wouldn't place Russell Wilson ahead of RG3. Luck and Kap are closer in discussion, Luck played very well and Kap got to the Superbowl. You have to admit those two are very close to RG3 at this point in their careers and if you take into account his knee injury you might have to give them the edge.

Taking all that into consideration, Kap has displayed his skills over an even smaller period of time therefore I'd give RG3 the advantage. With RG3's knee injury and the fact that the ROTY award was a close race between him and Luck I'd give the nod to Luck for now. If Griffin had stayed healthy I'd have placed him ahead of all those guys.

Again, I haven't read or watched any of Jaws analysis on the QBs. When comparing RG3 to his peers in the NFL I'd place the following QBs ahead of him at this time (grouped but not necessarliy in a particular order within grouping):

Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Drew Brees
Ben Roethlisberger
Joe Flacco

(All of these guys are elite talents and have won superbowls)

Matthew Stafford
Andrew Luck
Matt Ryan

(Elite talents that haven't won anything yet)

Jay Cutler
Cam Newton
Tony Romo
Phillip Rivers
Colin Kaepernick
Russell Wilson

(A collection of upcoming talents and guys on the downward side of their careers, also haven't won anything yet)

I'd say Griffin definitely isn't in group 1 which would put him at most at #8, but realistically he's probably more near the top of the 3rd group or bottom of the 2nd group. That would put him in the #10-12ish range which isn't too far off from Jaws rankings. Just put him ahead of Russell Wilson and he'd be #12 in his rankings. Seems about right to me (for now).

Adopt - a - Redskin
Brian23

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaws ranks RG3 13th Qb in the NFL Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Jaws thinks the Redskins offense is a gimmick, so that's why he's ranked so low. He's wrong.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay cutler? He may have talent but that's where it all ends. He's peaked, I think it's downhill for him.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Jay cutler? He may have talent but that's where it all ends. He's peaked, I think it's downhill for him.
really? From my whole post that's your response? I have RG3 rated higher than Cutler, as I stated previously the QBs within their groupings I didn't list in any particular order. However I do believe Cutler is part of that 3rd group, but probably near the bottom of it.

Adopt - a - Redskin
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
really? From my whole post that's your response? I have RG3 rated higher than Cutler, as I stated previously the QBs within their groupings I didn't list in any particular order. However I do believe Cutler is part of that 3rd group, but probably near the bottom of it.
you know what, my bad bro. I read the group wrong. I totally agree with your post. I didn't realize you were explaining what each group meant after you posted The qbs, instead of having a title and then listing the qbs in each category.

We agree that Rg3 is in that second group somewhere like 8-12 ranking.

I still wouldn't put Luck ahead of him though. The statistics from last year don't back that up.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Jaws ranks RG3 13th Qb in the NFL Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

I didn't read the article. But knowing that now no I wouldn't place Russell Wilson ahead of RG3. Luck and Kap are closer in discussion, Luck played very well and Kap got to the Superbowl. You have to admit those two are very close to RG3 at this point in their careers and if you take into account his knee injury you might have to give them the edge.

Taking all that into consideration, Kap has displayed his skills over an even smaller period of time therefore I'd give RG3 the advantage. With RG3's knee injury and the fact that the ROTY award was a close race between him and Luck I'd give the nod to Luck for now. If Griffin had stayed healthy I'd have placed him ahead of all those guys.

Again, I haven't read or watched any of Jaws analysis on the QBs. When comparing RG3 to his peers in the NFL I'd place the following QBs ahead of him at this time (grouped but not necessarliy in a particular order within grouping):

Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Drew Brees
Ben Roethlisberger
Joe Flacco

(All of these guys are elite talents and have won superbowls)

Matthew Stafford
Andrew Luck
Matt Ryan

(Elite talents that haven't won anything yet)

Jay Cutler
Cam Newton
Tony Romo
Phillip Rivers
Colin Kaepernick
Russell Wilson

(A collection of upcoming talents and guys on the downward side of their careers, also haven't won anything yet)

I'd say Griffin definitely isn't in group 1 which would put him at most at #8, but realistically he's probably more near the top of the 3rd group or bottom of the 2nd group. That would put him in the #10-12ish range which isn't too far off from Jaws rankings. Just put him ahead of Russell Wilson and he'd be #12 in his rankings. Seems about right to me (for now).

ROTY results:

RGIII: 29 votes

Luck: 11 votes

Wilson: 10 votes

In what way is that a close race between Luck and RGIII?
Sassan11

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to take anything away from RG3, he is going to be a special qb and i'm happy to have him but I would still take Luck over him. Colts were a garbage team hence why they were able to draft him. He carried his team to the playoffs. We had a great rushing attack to help us get in the playoffs. Not saying RG3 didn't do his part but I would rank Luck ahead of RG3 at this point. I would take Rg3 over Russell tho.
Brian23

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
Not to take anything away from RG3, he is going to be a special qb and i'm happy to have him but I would still take Luck over him. Colts were a garbage team hence why they were able to draft him. He carried his team to the playoffs. We had a great rushing attack to help us get in the playoffs. Not saying RG3 didn't do his part but I would rank Luck ahead of RG3 at this point. I would take Rg3 over Russell tho.

He carried them down the strech with games like these?

W 28-16 14 28 191 50.0 2 0

W 20-13 17 35 205 48.6 1 0

L 17-29 13 27 186 48.1 2 0

W 27-23 16 34 196 47.1 1 2

That's Score, Completions, Attempts, Yard, Completion Percentage, Touchdowns, and Picks.

That defense carried the team, not Luck. That's people trying to make their narrative fit reality.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
we were garbage also in 2011. What'd we win 3 more games? And barely...

Rg3 was also a major part of that great rushing attack. I think that should be taken into account when considering the best player from the Qb position.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Sassan11 wrote:

He carried them down the strech with games like these?

W 28-16 14 28 191 50.0 2 0

W 20-13 17 35 205 48.6 1 0

L 17-29 13 27 186 48.1 2 0

W 27-23 16 34 196 47.1 1 2

That's Score, Completions, Attempts, Yard, Completion Percentage, Touchdowns, and Picks.

That defense carried the team, not Luck. That's people trying to make their narrative fit reality.
in fairness, check RG3's stats down the stretch. It's clear our defense and Alfred Morris carried us after RG3 was injured.

I do agree though, all around rg3 is a better player. He can do everything Luck can do and more.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/playergamelog?playerId=14875&season=2012&lang=EN

13 NYG 163 1
14 BAL 242 1
15 DID NOT PLAY
16 @PHI 198 2
17 DAL 100 1

POSTSEASON-WAS

WILD SEA 84 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: