Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2013 - Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@Christian_Gin: Kaepernick on Jaws' "best QB ever" comment: "I'm flattered, but I haven't played full season yet."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dylan DeSimone ‏@DeSimone80 50m
Harbaugh on Nnamdi: I've seen talent, improvement. Means a lot to him. An ascending, improving player since he's been here. #49ers

Quote:
Dylan DeSimone ‏@DeSimone80 50m
Judging by Harbaugh's comments, it seems like Ian Williams will be the best nose tackle this team has had under his watch. Likes Dorsey, too

Quote:
Dylan DeSimone ‏@DeSimone80 48m
Harbaugh on Vance McDonald: Back, practicing yesterday. Looked good. No lingering effects. A little rust. Expect him to play. #49ers

Quote:
Dylan DeSimone ‏@DeSimone80 47m
Harbaugh expects Kendall Hunter to play Sunday, as well. Sounds like a full house versus Minnesota.

Patton still doesn't know if he will play, but seems like he will though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
And our added depth on the DL, the return of Haralson and the drafting of Lemonier will only help the secondary even more. I think our D will be our best yet.

There is DAMN GOOD chance of that happening especially with us rotating much more than we have in the past. It will only improve once Carradine gets in the mix as well. Honestly, the DL depth is AMAZING.

hold the phones.. WE TALKING ABOUT PARYS HARALSON! Laughing but no he gives up much needed depth along with the Lemon man.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haralson didn't even come to mind when I made that statement. But our DL/LB depth will consist of Haralson, Lemonier, Carradine, and Dorsey. Who knows where Dobbs fits in, but we haven't had this type of depth at those positions in the last two years. Well, we had pretty good depth in some areas but the team refused to make any substitutions to rotate players in and out Laughing .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little late for this, but I found it hilarious.

SFaithful97

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
BangBang wrote:
Forget Asomugha or Brock, I want more Cox.

He's another guy that has played well and at the very least we should be encouraged with our CB depth. Competition definitely brings out the best out of you, and all three reserve CBs have been lights out.

The only worry I have about Cox, it's that he played great last year in preseason too, yet only saw limited action during the season. Is he more flash than substance? Who knows. But I really like him. The staff only has to get treated for their Tramainebrockophilia. That looks like a benign disease, but it really gets under the skin... while they're at it, a little topical cream for their carlosrogersitis.

I sure do love when Cox and Dix come up big, even if it's only preseason.
To each his own. I am a libertarian.

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
biggio7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all. Just wondering, how is Okoye doing? Like everybody else, I was intrigued by him before the draft.

Adopt a Texan: Mr. Kareem Jackson
FFBB; Suule o nerte!
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggio7 wrote:
Hi all. Just wondering, how is Okoye doing? Like everybody else, I was intrigued by him before the draft.

Slowly learning, very little game action. Hard to tell what we have in him yet.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
BangBang

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggio7 wrote:

Will likely be cut.
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BangBang wrote:
biggio7 wrote:

Will likely be cut.

I think he's going to the PS, and based on his interviews he really likes Jim Tomsula and would probably chose to stick around and learn under him. It's happened around here in the past and I think Okoye would be smart enough to keep some consistency in his coaching while he learns the game.

Here is an article showing people have done it in the past.
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2013/01/inside-the-49ers/49ers-practice-squadders-no-thanks/

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
AMG1713

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
BangBang wrote:
biggio7 wrote:

Will likely be cut.

I think he's going to the PS, and based on his interviews he really likes Jim Tomsula and would probably chose to stick around and learn under him. It's happened around here in the past and I think Okoye would be smart enough to keep some consistency in his coaching while he learns the game.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2013/01/inside-the-49ers/49ers-practice-squadders-no-thanks/

Okoye is the type of player where you wish the NFL sill had NFL Europe or some sort of minor league system, so he could gain experience and develop his technique.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
BangBang wrote:
biggio7 wrote:

Will likely be cut.

PS is my guess as well. I can't see any teams dumb enough to waste an active roster spot on him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:
BangBang wrote:
biggio7 wrote:

Will likely be cut.

PS is my guess as well. I can't see any teams dumb enough to waste an active roster spot on him.
I think with two or three seasons spent learning under Tomsula, he could end up being a very good player. He has the physical ability, the drive to improve, and a really good coaching staff to learn from (not to mention some really good players around him). The question for me is does the FO want to "waste" a PS spot on a guy like that when we have guys who are much better football players at this point who we would have to let go to make room for him? I guess we will see, but I like high potential projects on the PS, especially in our current situation (high talent level on the active roster)

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
Forge

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:
BangBang wrote:
biggio7 wrote:

Will likely be cut.

I think with two or three seasons spent learning under Tomsula, he could end up being a very good player. He has the physical ability, the drive to improve, and a really good coaching staff to learn from (not to mention some really good players around him). The question for me is does the FO want to "waste" a PS spot on a guy like that when we have guys who are much better football players at this point who we would have to let go to make room for him? I guess we will see, but I like high potential projects on the PS, especially in our current situation (high talent level on the active roster)

I agree with this. How many PS guys actually make a roster and then end up being serious, viable contributors to the team? Alex Boone did it, but I can't think of a whole lot of others, especially on the niners the last few years. Guys who are on the PS typically have a defined ceiling that isn't all that fantastic. Here we have a guy who's ceiling is completely undefined because he's a blank slate. Given his measurables, we could say that his potential is extraordinarily high, much more so than your typical practice squad fodder, even if those guys are better football players at this time. Plus, you know that Tomsula has to be drooling over this. Okoye has a chance to be his Mt. Rushmore. Can you imagine being one of the better coaches in the NFL and getting this level of potential that is completely empty of bad habits taught by other coaches? The guy is a total blank slate. And all coaches in the NFL, I don't care who they are, have some form of ego; it can't be helped, they need it to get where they are, and I know if it were me, my ego would be salivating over a blank canvas like Okoye and what I could help him become.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else think we might be scanning the cut lists looking for backup olinemen? Scary proposition right now if a starter goes down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 25 of 27

Jump to: