Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tom Heckert arrested - DUI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
My wife told me that I should fire up my résumé. Jonny 'director of personnel' J20 has a nice ring to it eh?
Sounds good to me. Worst case jonny, you'd have a better lookin' mug shot than these two clowns. Wink
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing other to say than I am actually truly embarrassed to be a Bronco fan right now.

Get your [inappropriate/removed] in order Bowlen/Elway.

MUFC OK
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell's arrest was an embarrassment for the franchise.

Coupled with Heckert's arrest, news of which broke almost 24 hours after the news of Russell's, it becomes a humiliation.

Did Bowlen, Ellis and Elway know about Heckert's arrest? It happened a month ago. If they did, why wasn't action taken earlier? Did they try to cover it up or at least sweep it under the rug?

As most of you remember, I was among the harshest critics of Bowlen and (especially) Ellis for the disaster they wrought on the franchise with their decision to hire Mac and give him full control. However, since they rectified that mistake, I've praised them for hiring and giving complete control to Elway. And I've praised Elway for the work he has done running football ops for the team.

Now we hear that two execs, one just recently hired, are getting arrested? This isn't a McSpyGate-level embarrassment but it's close.

Tough questions need to be asked and the leaders of the organization - Bowlen, Ellis and Elway - need to answer them. And they need to do so, like, by, yesterday.

Disgusting.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
marktheshark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowlen lost his grip along time ago. We all get old, he's no different. He brought in Elway to pass down the franchise, things are passed down since the beginning. I hate to admit this but someone doesn't get smashed without knowing there will be consequences, why would two fairly intelligent men in a organization feel so willingly at easy with the consequences? Begs the question if Elway has control over the organization or what show he is running behind the scenes. We're all asking the same questions?

Either way.

People get drunk, not a big deal but can someone please tell me two top NFL executives couldn't pay for or find a damn taxi or didn't have the brains to have a designated driver.

So we either have organizational issues or we hired morons which means we have organizational issues. How deep these issues are is the only question. He's how I see it, We hit an iceberg or we didn't. I'll place my bet on the later.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see there are bigger drunks in this world than me. However, I would never drive after getting drunk. That is just stupid.
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could call our FO "Drink Drank Drunk"!
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess he though he'd get a promotion out of Matt Russell's screw up and went to celebrate.... Rolling Eyes

Double-dumb #@&

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is whack. Unacceptable. They should most certainly lose their job.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Guess he though he'd get a promotion out of Matt Russell's screw up and went to celebrate.... Rolling Eyes

Double-dumb #@&

Except he screwed up 3 weeks ago... Brick wall

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw a tweet from someone at the DP that had arrest details. Heckert blew twice the legal limit....

.... 7 hours after he was arrested for the DUI.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heckert will be gone I think and Russell will receive a long suspension and fine.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Just saw a tweet from someone at the DP that had arrest details. Heckert blew twice the legal limit....

.... 7 hours after he was arrested for the DUI.

No way. I can't imagine that is true. 7 hours of no alcohol, in a situation like that and he still blew that? I can't believe that. I would imagine being arrested and sat in a jail cell is a very "sobering" experience. I know from my drinking experience, things like that, people getting hurt, etc.. have a way of sobering you up real quick.

What would he have had to be at 7 hours earlier?

Seems crazy to me.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Heckert will be gone I think and Russell will receive a long suspension and fine.

I think both of them getting it simultaneously really makes things difficult from a managerial standpoint. If it were one you can give them a slap on the wrist, or set a stern example - whatever Bowlen or Elway feels is proper.

But, now with both in trouble, and being in positions that are very close in importance, things become quite complicated. Can you lose them both? Can you get away with firing one and keeping the other? Basing it off of the fact that you expect more of the man in the higher seat? But that's tough because they're both on about the same level.

Part of me thinks that the NFL's discipline might determine how the Broncos hanle each of these men.

How can you justify separate punishments? They were both absolutely cocked. And both are in positions where such behavior is so far from acceptable.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:

How can you fire Heckert and not Russell?

Think about it... Heckerts charges are 1000x worse than Russells. Id be more pissed off with the Broncos if Heckert is gone and Russell isnt.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

How can you fire Heckert and not Russell?

Think about it... Heckerts charges are 1000x worse than Russells. Id be more pissed off with the Broncos if Heckert is gone and Russell isnt.

I think you mean Russell's charges are worse.

In terms of punishment, I would dock Russell half a year's pay and suspend him indefinitely without pay pending completion of a rehab program not less than 3 months. Same applies to Heckert.
Then they would be on strict probation the entire time they are employed by the Broncos. I would also force them to volunteer a certain number of hours each year to do community service with MADD (Mothers against Drunk Driving) for the duration they are with the Broncos.

Another incident and they are fired right away no questions asked.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: