Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Update: Bills, Byrd do not reach long-term deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Jairus Byrd sign long term?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
No
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't Pettine like to use 3 safties a lot? I see Searcy and A.Williams being the starters this year with D. Williams being the 3rd guy we use. I also personally like Mana Silva A LOT, but we'll see what happens with Byrd first.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sources: Bills' Byrd looking for Weddle, Goldson money

Quote:
"I don't think, in my opinion, Buffalo values that position enough to pay at that level," said the second league source. "Byrd is a good player. He definitely deserves to get paid at the top of the market. I just don't think Buffalo is willing to cave to the demands that Eugene is making. That's really what it's boiling down to, and that's why he didn't get the extension they could have easily afforded to pay."

Apparently the two sides aren't even talking. It's not going to happen.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

analytics at its finest.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God just once I'd like to keep a player that we develop before letting him go to the next team and be a star.

We should at least trade him and get SOMETHING for him.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:

Quote:
"I don't think, in my opinion, Buffalo values that position enough to pay at that level," said the second league source. "Byrd is a good player. He definitely deserves to get paid at the top of the market. I just don't think Buffalo is willing to cave to the demands that Eugene is making. That's really what it's boiling down to, and that's why he didn't get the extension they could have easily afforded to pay."

This really annoys me. We have the cap room, and in all likelihood we are gonna loose him for nothing
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:

Quote:

This really annoys me. We have the cap room, and in all likelihood we are gonna loose him for nothing

This part annoys me the most. With the new CBA, don't we need to spend 90% of our cap space? I think we still have a lot of $$ to spend. Rolling Eyes Question

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:

Quote:

I'll say it till it's not true anymore.

We're the NFL's farm team. Players that showcase themselves here NEVER stay here. We never retain talent and it's infuriating.

Jarius Byrd's don't grow on freaking trees. Ya can't just slap an Aaron Williams (who's been a corner for 2 years) or a Searcy and expect there to not be a drop-off. Safety used to be a huge strength, now it's going to be another liability on a defense that's sucked at a historic level for 5 years.
thedishere

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:

Quote:

I'll say it till it's not true anymore.

We're the NFL's farm team. Players that showcase themselves here NEVER stay here. We never retain talent and it's infuriating.

Jarius Byrd's don't grow on freaking trees. Ya can't just slap an Aaron Williams (who's been a corner for 2 years) or a Searcy and expect there to not be a drop-off. Safety used to be a huge strength, now it's going to be another liability on a defense that's sucked at a historic level for 5 years.

Very true but I think since Byrd wants/deserves Goldson/Weddle money the Bills will take this season to see how Byrd fits into Pettine's defense and if he keeps playing at the same level this season he will be franchised so the Bills can pays the man the money he rightfully has earned.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deadline has officially passed. Byrd can either sign the franchise tender, negotiate a one-year deal, or hold-out.

^Jamison.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Statement from Whaley on Byrd

Doug Whaley wrote:
We worked very hard to come to a long-term agreement with Jairus, but unfortunately, were unable to reach one before today’s deadline. Our attention will now be focused on a one-year agreement with him and on Training Camp with our continued efforts to prepare our team for the upcoming season.

Sounds like BS to me.

^Jamison.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, I'm on the teams side on this one. He's under contract for 1 year and 6.9 million dollars. He's not going be playing as much deep center field in this defense. Gives the team a year to see how he fits the system and Byrd makes more money than he did the first 4 seasons combined.

TommyC376^^^
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:

Doug Whaley wrote:
We worked very hard to come to a long-term agreement with Jairus, but unfortunately, were unable to reach one before today’s deadline. Our attention will now be focused on a one-year agreement with him and on Training Camp with our continued efforts to prepare our team for the upcoming season.

Sounds like BS to me.

The more things change, the more they stay the same...
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sick of it.

Any time we make any forward momentum we just shoot ourselves in the foot.
OffseasonChamps

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:

Doug Whaley wrote:

Sounds like BS to me.

...because that makes sense.

we all know about Eugene Parker and Jason Peters. i don't doubt that OBD tried to get a deal done. probably a very earnest effort.

i simply don't believe they're capable of negotiating with Parker (other top agents/talent) because Russ Brandon strikes me as a dullard. Marv Levy did a [inappropriate/removed] poor job as GM prior to Brandon which would include giving fat contracts to Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker. Parker and Peters, rightfully so, wanted to be paid A LOT more than those two stiffs. Parker simply wanted what his client deserved and Peters wanted what he had earned.

so what's a moron to do? when they're faced with the very real mistake they've made (or towing the company line), through their denial and incompetence, they find a way to make a bad situation worse. they cannot help themselves.

the problem isn't the city, players or even the coaches occasionally, it's the idiots in the front office. Eugene Parker (Purdue) is playing chess while Russ Brandon (St. John Fisher) is finger painting with the crap from his Pull Ups.

the good news is that sometimes players and coaches can out perform the idiots drawing up the contracts. the bad part of that is that you can only enjoy brief moments of their talent. so if you can, do as i do, at least enjoy the moments with the expectation that's all you're getting...

...and wait for Ralph's expiration date.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OffseasonChamps wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:

Doug Whaley wrote:

Sounds like BS to me.

...because that makes sense.

we all know about Eugene Parker and Jason Peters. i don't doubt that OBD tried to get a deal done. probably a very earnest effort.

i simply don't believe they're capable of negotiating with Parker (other top agents/talent) because Russ Brandon strikes me as a dullard. Marv Levy did a [inappropriate/removed] poor job as GM prior to Brandon which would include giving fat contracts to Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker. Parker and Peters, rightfully so, wanted to be paid A LOT more than those two stiffs. Parker simply wanted what his client deserved and Peters wanted what he had earned.

so what's a moron to do? when they're faced with the very real mistake they've made (or towing the company line), through their denial and incompetence, they find a way to make a bad situation worse. they cannot help themselves.

the problem isn't the city, players or even the coaches occasionally, it's the idiots in the front office. Eugene Parker (Purdue) is playing chess while Russ Brandon (St. John Fisher) is finger painting with the crap from his Pull Ups.

the good news is that sometimes players and coaches can out perform the idiots drawing up the contracts. the bad part of that is that you can only enjoy brief moments of their talent. so if you can, do as i do, at least enjoy the moments with the expectation that's all you're getting...

...and wait for Ralph's expiration date.
Um Russ Brandon doesn't do any negotiating with contracts. The GM does with the help of Senior Vice President of Football Administration (Jim Overdorf). But Brandon doesn't do much with the football side of things since Buddy Nix took over as GM.

So get the facts straight before you try being cute with stupid/crude jokes and whiting out a joke that is just stupid. K? Thanks bro.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: