Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Supplemental Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Supplemental Draft Reply with quote

Doubt we take anyone, but anyone on the list peak interest in a late round selection/camp invite? I probably pass on even a camp invite to any of them what about you guys?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1696737-nfl-supplemental-draft-2013-start-time-date-and-list-of-eligible-players

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not interested in using any picks on them, that's for sure. Character issue guys and academic retards are not the types of people whom I want on this team.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will pass on everyone this year.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
I'm not interested in using any picks on them, that's for sure. Character issue guys and academic retards are not the types of people whom I want on this team.

Biggest thing is that a couple of these guys were highly touted coming out of high school, but didn't do anything in college. I just don't see how you justify spending a pick on one of these guys. Have to be pretty delusional to think he couldn't cut it in college, but he will make in the pros. It would be different, if it were due to injury.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Biggest thing is that a couple of these guys were highly touted coming out of high school, but didn't do anything in college. I just don't see how you justify spending a pick on one of these guys. Have to be pretty delusional to think he couldn't cut it in college, but he will make in the pros. It would be different, if it were due to injury.

I completely agree. Plus, there are highly touted high school prospects every year. Most of them flame out as well all know, so their high school credentials mean very little after posting pretty mediocre collegiate careers.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Runaway Jim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind picking up one of the defensive ends as a free agent if they slip through all seven rounds. I think that is our thinnest position.

The_Slamman wrote:
RJ is officially the Champion
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The supplemental draft has ended and nobody was selected. All the eligible players are now FAs and can be signed. Would you guys be interested in any of them now that a draft pick isn't involved?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to say that the clear confusion and lack of a coherent plan that were the hallmarks of the Dallas 2013 supplemental draft were a clear indication that nothing has changed and this team will never be successful as long as Jerry Jones runs it. Dallas utterly failed to improve itself in any way, and that is indisputable fact.
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
I'd just like to say that the clear confusion and lack of a coherent plan that were the hallmarks of the Dallas 2013 supplemental draft were a clear indication that nothing has changed and this team will never be successful as long as Jerry Jones runs it. Dallas utterly failed to improve itself in any way, and that is indisputable fact.

That's it! I am done with this team! At least I will have free time to do some other things this fall. I'm out, see you next year Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: