Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Supplemental Draft

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SHSTE92


Joined: 08 Jan 2006
Posts: 3517
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Supplemental Draft Reply with quote

Doubt we take anyone, but anyone on the list peak interest in a late round selection/camp invite? I probably pass on even a camp invite to any of them what about you guys?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1696737-nfl-supplemental-draft-2013-start-time-date-and-list-of-eligible-players
_________________

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20672
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not interested in using any picks on them, that's for sure. Character issue guys and academic retards are not the types of people whom I want on this team.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24696
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will pass on everyone this year.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeneralDissaray


Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 5444
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
I'm not interested in using any picks on them, that's for sure. Character issue guys and academic retards are not the types of people whom I want on this team.


Biggest thing is that a couple of these guys were highly touted coming out of high school, but didn't do anything in college. I just don't see how you justify spending a pick on one of these guys. Have to be pretty delusional to think he couldn't cut it in college, but he will make in the pros. It would be different, if it were due to injury.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20672
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
I'm not interested in using any picks on them, that's for sure. Character issue guys and academic retards are not the types of people whom I want on this team.


Biggest thing is that a couple of these guys were highly touted coming out of high school, but didn't do anything in college. I just don't see how you justify spending a pick on one of these guys. Have to be pretty delusional to think he couldn't cut it in college, but he will make in the pros. It would be different, if it were due to injury.


I completely agree. Plus, there are highly touted high school prospects every year. Most of them flame out as well all know, so their high school credentials mean very little after posting pretty mediocre collegiate careers.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Runaway Jim


Joined: 13 Mar 2009
Posts: 4876
Location: By This River
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind picking up one of the defensive ends as a free agent if they slip through all seven rounds. I think that is our thinnest position.
_________________

The_Slamman wrote:
RJ is officially the Champion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CT Cowboy Fan


Joined: 12 Mar 2011
Posts: 934
Location: Connecticut
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The supplemental draft has ended and nobody was selected. All the eligible players are now FAs and can be signed. Would you guys be interested in any of them now that a draft pick isn't involved?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dirk Gently


Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 6164
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to say that the clear confusion and lack of a coherent plan that were the hallmarks of the Dallas 2013 supplemental draft were a clear indication that nothing has changed and this team will never be successful as long as Jerry Jones runs it. Dallas utterly failed to improve itself in any way, and that is indisputable fact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PincheJimmy


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 1384
Location: Flower Mound, TX
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
I'd just like to say that the clear confusion and lack of a coherent plan that were the hallmarks of the Dallas 2013 supplemental draft were a clear indication that nothing has changed and this team will never be successful as long as Jerry Jones runs it. Dallas utterly failed to improve itself in any way, and that is indisputable fact.


That's it! I am done with this team! At least I will have free time to do some other things this fall. I'm out, see you next year Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group