Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Russell Arrested for DUI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright this thread had jumped the track and I am at least partially responsible for that. As the senior moderator on this forum, I set a bad precedent with my comments. I owe you guys better, I failed and I apologize.

My drinking problem, your guys' drinking problems and the drinking problems of Matt Russell or anyone else employed by the Denver Broncos is not a subject that the Webmaster allows to be discussed here.

We need to try again.

That said let's move the topic of conversation back to how Matt Russel's DUI arrest affects the Denver Broncos football team.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods

Last edited by AnAngryAmerican on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Did I hear Tom Heckert for heir apparent of the former heir apparent?

This sounds like a great idea!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
Did I hear Tom Heckert for heir apparent of the former heir apparent?

This sounds like a great idea!

lol Laughing

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
That said let's move the topic of conversation back to how Matt Russel's DUI arrest affects the Denver Broncos football team.

The only way theres an affect on the "football team" is if Bowlen (Elway wont fire his drinking buddies) fires both of these morons. Do the right thing, let them go and set a example.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.9news.com/news/article/344586/188/Matt-Russells-first-victim-shares-details

Wow. Just wow. Paints a picture which everyone should hope leads to help for Russell. Dude clearly is in need of serious rehab. Last thing he should be concerned about at this juncture is his job. A 2.46 and driving till he plunges in to a cop cruiser waiting to arrest him? Are you kidding me?
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
http://www.9news.com/news/article/344586/188/Matt-Russells-first-victim-shares-details

Wow. Just wow. Paints a picture which everyone should hope leads to help for Russell. Dude clearly is in need of serious rehab. Last thing he should be concerned about at this juncture is his job. A 2.46 and driving till he plunges in to a cop cruiser waiting to arrest him? Are you kidding me?

Curious to know where he was prior to driving drunk, and if he was with anyone, why they would let him drive home.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

Curious to know where he was prior to driving drunk, and if he was with anyone, why they would let him drive home.

Very pertinent questions. Anyone who drinks by themselves to a 2.46 and casually gets in to his truck to drive while obviously incapacitated has serious issues. And even if that were not the case, why would anyone allow him to get in a car while inebriated to such a level?

As a AAA mentioned earlier there are rumors abound about Russell's drinking habits but this is just taking irresponsibility to the highest level. I went back and forth on twitter today with Tom Nalen who seemed to be blaming the Broncos more so than Russell but he eventually changed his tune.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

Frisco's quite a party town , summer and winter. Probably a combination of bars and parties.

Just a guess, but I'd imagine with friends that have been there before IE: ever tried to take Matts keys from him?

Probably a good thing he got caught. Should be a real life changer.
mke1010

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

Frisco's quite a party town , summer and winter. Probably a combination of bars and parties.

Just a guess, but I'd imagine with friends that have been there before IE: ever tried to take Matts keys from him?

Probably a good thing he got caught. Should be a real life changer.

I certainly hope so. He has a bright future ahead and has had opportunities afforded that not too many others have been lucky enough to get.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

Very pertinent questions. Anyone who drinks by themselves to a 2.46 and casually gets in to his truck to drive while obviously incapacitated has serious issues. And even if that were not the case, why would anyone allow him to get in a car while inebriated to such a level?

As a AAA mentioned earlier there are rumors abound about Russell's drinking habits but this is just taking irresponsibility to the highest level. I went back and forth on twitter today with Tom Nalen who seemed to be blaming the Broncos more so than Russell but he eventually changed his tune.

I do get what Tom Nalen was saying there and I agree with him. Certainly, Russell is to blame first and foremost for this. However, Nalen's comments that had the Heckert DUI been dealt with properly by the organization, there is a chance Russell thinks twice before getting behind the wheel last weekend.

broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

I do get what Tom Nalen was saying there and I agree with him. Certainly, Russell is to blame first and foremost for this. However, Nalen's comments that had the Heckert DUI been dealt with properly by the organization, there is a chance Russell thinks twice before getting behind the wheel last weekend.
You gotta think they knew about Heckert's arrest.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

You gotta think they knew about Heckert's arrest.

They did and were handling it "in house," in other words trying to keep it from becoming public. That strategy blew up when Russell got arrested.

I place the blame for this, the blame for the PR problems that is, squarely on Joe Ellis. This reeks of the lack of transparency and "circle the wagons" mentality that Ellis cultivated during the McDaniels era.

elwayfan07

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

AAA,
I absolutely agree. The lack of any action, in regards to Heckert, sends the message to everyone that they will not be held accountable for their actions. It is all about instilling a culture of accountablity

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Wow! Gotta agree with Nalen and you fellas' here. Lack of action sends exactly the wrong message. Poor management technique.

Had they immediately suspended him without pay pending court results I doubt the Russell incident would have occurred.

Discipline in business can be tricky, but I've found that an immediate response is always the best. A person may disagree with the punishment, but they know, right or wrong, it'll be swift and decisive. To bury Heckerts DUI for a month is inexcusable.

Would that have been Ellis' call?
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furthermore, if a player gets a DUI, how can the team have any standing to condemn and punish the player accordingly when it has taken over a month to reprimand a member from their FO. This breeds unaccountability. Unaccountability leads to chaos. Chaos breeds a losing attitude. Which breeds losing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: