Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Russell Arrested for DUI
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Matt Russell Arrested for DUI Reply with quote

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/07/08/broncos-player-personnel-director-arrested/

Quote:
CBS4 Investigator Brian Maass has learned that Matt Russell, the Denver Broncos Director of Player Personnel, was arrested and jailed in Summit County over the weekend after police say he was suspected of being involved in an accident the mountain town of Frisco, then crashed into a police car a few minutes later in Breckenridge.

Quote:
Russell was arrested and booked into the Summit County Jail. He is facing charges of driving under the influence, careless driving resulting in injury, having an open container of alcohol in his car, and failure to display proof of insurance.

According to PFT, "Russell was viewed as John Elway's heir apparent on the personnel side of the organization, and they even blocked the Chargers from interviewing him for their General Manager position this offseason."

Matt Russell statement: I deeply regret the poor judgment I demonstrated that resulted in my arrest over the weekend. I apologize to the Denver Broncos, our fans and the National Football League for this inexcusable mistake. I'm ashamed that I represented this region and the Broncos organization in the manner that I did. Going forward, I will take steps to ensure this never happens again.

Broncos statement: Our organization is extremely disappointed and concerned with the incident involving Matt Russell. We immediately expressed our disappointment to Matt, and he is fully aware of the seriousness of this situation. This type of behavior is unacceptable and very troubling. We expect better from all employees, particularly those in leadership. We are continuing to gather information and will handle this matter appropriately and in accordance with all NFL policies.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.

Last edited by GBPACKMAN4LIFE on Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this isn't just a case of "I had a couple glasses of wine at dinner and crossed the double-yellow to get pinched for DUI." This is bad; two accidents, an open container, no proof of insurance and being wasted behind the wheel.

This unacceptable for someone who is supposed to be one of the leaders in the front office and someone with the potential to be a GM one day.

Russel would be wise to realize he's not at CU anymore, he's in the big time. I hope Elway, Ellis and Bowlen drop the hammer on him for this.

GBPACKMAN4LIFE - thanks for posting the news, I edited the title to make it a little more clear for Broncos fans. Thanks again.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idiotic move not sure what kind of punishment he'll get fined?

The jab at CU is pathetic AAA grow up that comment is totally unnecessary.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just the kind of crap that ruins a career. Who is he up there with and why is he so wasted that he is slamming into police cars? If he wasn't so far up Elway's ars, he would already be fired. The two seem to work well together. Hopefully he gets a second chance. Everyone screws up, but this looks real bad.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, he looks absolutely wasted in those pictures. Get a haircut and have a shave for crying out loud.

MUFC OK
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I hear Tom Heckert for heir apparent of the former heir apparent?

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw (and excuse my blatant generalization), but what's up with Americans and drinking?

Drop the age limit to 16 already. Get wasted 1-2 times at a young age, experience how much alcohol in excess sucks, learn from it and become a responsible drinker for the rest of your life instead of only raising the appeal of alcohol by making it a social taboo. Same with this abstinence only bullscheiße.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Btw (and excuse my blatant generalization), but what's up with Americans and drinking?

Drop the age limit to 16 already. Get wasted 1-2 times at a young age, experience how much alcohol in excess sucks, learn from it and become a responsible drinker for the rest of your life instead of only raising the appeal of alcohol by making it a social taboo. Same with this abstinence only bullscheiße.

Word.

But yeah, alcohol is awesome, driving home is not.
Reaver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That mug shot is hilarious. What an idiot. Still, I think the Broncos are better with him than without. Call me what you will, but I hope he keeps his job. It's not like he's Aaron Hernandez (whom very many Pats fans are STILL defending). [/i]
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:

16 year olds drive like maniacs without alcohol involved. I sound so old, but at 16 i was an animal on the road.

Also, 16 year olds drink. That's about the age most American kids start getting shwasty and realize how bad the next morning sucks. Has nothing to do with the drinking age, this guys 40+ and from the looks of it has had past experience with the effects of alcohol. I

It's really just a matter of conscience, when you're drunk and wanna go home to your bed, are you selfless enough to not drive yourself there. Russell clearly is not. The blatant open container says to me this probably isn't his first time drinking behind the wheel either.

There's a good chance he gets canned.

Also, awful haircut and beard. Guy looks like a mountain goat, a drunk mountain goat.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't be all that surprised if he's fired, not that this is good regardless but I'm glad it wasn't a player.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Wouldn't be all that surprised if he's fired, not that this is good regardless but I'm glad it wasn't a player.

Yea he's going to be made an example of.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drinking and driving is arguably the single biggest mistake a human being can make on this planet. You put your life in danger and possibly the life of someone else (including children).

The allegations against Russell are terrifying from a Broncos standpoint. You do not drink then drive and you certainly dont drink while driving.

Some of you may disagree with me but if I was in charge, hes gone. I dont know his track-record nor how he responded to this situation, but I dont take this stuff lightly. As someone whose lost a family member to a guy who was drunk behind the wheel, you would understand my perspective.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Man, he looks absolutely wasted in those pictures. Get a haircut and have a shave for crying out loud.

This guys works in the front office of a prolific NFL franchise? He looks like a guy dog the bounty hunter would catch. You know, the guy who likes slow goats.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piece of garbage. He should get the hammer dropped on him for this.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: