Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos Player Personnel Director arrested for DUI, others
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheNutGronker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football and stuff

Last edited by TheNutGronker on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alpha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[removed] - stay on topic

1st and Gore
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Probably a setback to his career. Not acceptable for anyone but especially not something decision makers can do.
Yup. This could prevent him from furthering his career. Stupid to drive drunk. You put yourself in danger, you put others in danger, and he might not advance any further in his career because of this.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
tom cody

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No excuse for driving drunk. As others have said this could really ruin his career prospects.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is bad news. Driving drunk is never okay, but hitting two cars, having an open container and not being able to provide proof of insurance? Yikes! This isn't like he had a glass of wine at dinner and crossed the double-yellow on his way home. Wow.

Russell was considered Elway's heir-apparent and now he's not only embarrassed himself, he's embarrassed his boss and his franchise.

I'm not sure if Elway will fire him but he is going to drop the hammer, hopefully soon. The Broncos are gearing up for a Super Bowl run and sooner they handle this issue the better, no need for distractions with training camp 2 weeks away.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
TheNutGronker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sucks for him. I hope it does not prohibit him from making football decisions appropriately. Football football. What does this mean for the Denver Broncos organization? How will he be replaced? Football football football.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Probably a setback to his career. Not acceptable for anyone but especially not something decision makers can do.

considering his job involves making tough decisions its quite ironic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheNutGronker wrote:
This sucks for him. I hope it does not prohibit him from making football decisions appropriately. Football football. What does this mean for the Denver Broncos organization? How will he be replaced? Football football football.

Laughing

This is interesting. I agree with whoever said the NFL will not intervene here because it seems that the player personnel guy for the broncos doesn't really have an effect on the "brand" of the NFL (as in this will be mentioned once on ESPN as opposed to a player which would be mentioned around 3-4 times at the minimum)

I'm assuming there hasn't been any evidence of behavior like this from him before right? Cause obviously that would change my line of thinking.
MaclinandMCcoy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/09/broncos-personnel-director-tom-heckert-charged-with-dui/

Quote:
For the second time in as many days, news has broken that a member of the Broncosí front office was arrested for drunk driving.

This time itís Tom Heckert, the Broncosí director of pro personnel. According to the Associated Press, Heckert was arrested on June 11 and charged with driving under the influence and careless driving. That news comes a day after the news that Broncos director of player personnel Matt Russell was arrested for a DUI over the weekend.

Well this is really random.....at first I thought it was just one of these reports was wrong but this came out today also (I figured it wasn't worth starting a new thread if this one was up)
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't expect your players to stay out of trouble if your staff can't. If I were in charge of the Broncos I'd be handing down some serious fines and possibly suspensions.

Brandin Cooks - 53 receptions, 550 yards, 25 first downs, 3 TD - 7 rushes, 73 yards, 4 first downs, 1 TD
Corey White - 44 tackles, 2 INT, 1 sack, 6 passes defended, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: