Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos Player Personnel Director arrested for DUI, others
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Broncos Player Personnel Director arrested for DUI, others Reply with quote

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/07/08/broncos-player-personnel-director-arrested/

Quote:
CBS4 Investigator Brian Maass has learned that Matt Russell, the Denver Broncos Director of Player Personnel, was arrested and jailed in Summit County over the weekend after police say he was suspected of being involved in an accident the mountain town of Frisco, then crashed into a police car a few minutes later in Breckenridge.

Quote:
Russell was arrested and booked into the Summit County Jail. He is facing charges of driving under the influence, careless driving resulting in injury, having an open container of alcohol in his car, and failure to display proof of insurance.

According to PFT, "Russell was viewed as John Elway's heir apparent on the personnel side of the organization, and they even blocked the Chargers from interviewing him for their General Manager position this offseason."

Matt Russell statement: I deeply regret the poor judgment I demonstrated that resulted in my arrest over the weekend. I apologize to the Denver Broncos, our fans and the National Football League for this inexcusable mistake. I'm ashamed that I represented this region and the Broncos organization in the manner that I did. Going forward, I will take steps to ensure this never happens again.

Broncos statement: Our organization is extremely disappointed and concerned with the incident involving Matt Russell. We immediately expressed our disappointment to Matt, and he is fully aware of the seriousness of this situation. This type of behavior is unacceptable and very troubling. We expect better from all employees, particularly those in leadership. We are continuing to gather information and will handle this matter appropriately and in accordance with all NFL policies.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.

Last edited by GBPACKMAN4LIFE on Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Acgott

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it really that hard to call a cab?
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Russell statement: I deeply regret the poor judgment I demonstrated that resulted in my arrest over the weekend. I apologize to the Denver Broncos, our fans and the National Football League for this inexcusable mistake. I'm ashamed that I represented this region and the Broncos organization in the manner that I did. Going forward, I will take steps to ensure this never happens again.

Broncos statement: Our organization is extremely disappointed and concerned with the incident involving Matt Russell. We immediately expressed our disappointment to Matt, and he is fully aware of the seriousness of this situation. This type of behavior is unacceptable and very troubling. We expect better from all employees, particularly those in leadership. We are continuing to gather information and will handle this matter appropriately and in accordance with all NFL policies.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
phinsforlife

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't take this the wrong way, but he looks like straight up white trash in his mug shot.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Von Miller should be traded to the Patriots for a 7th Round Pick as punishment.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder what kind of punishment he'll receive.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinsforlife wrote:
Don't take this the wrong way, but he looks like straight up white trash in his mug shot.

I'm not sure if there is even a "right way" with this...nope, this comment is a one way street. But I don't disagree with you.

sig made by mike23md
spex

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:

That's a good question. I know when the Saints coaches were stealing vicodins everybody expected them to eat some serious stuff, but a league discipline never came.

But a coupla years later they needed a fall team for the league and the Saints were right there with the pay-to-injure scheme. It's as if the owner of the Saints got the other owners to back off in the vic deal, saying I'll owe you one. The only Saints that ended up missing work were the guys mixed up in the vic scandal.

Maybe the Broncs better just fork over a fine and let the exec get suspended a coupla weeks.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinsforlife wrote:
There is a right way to take this??
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spex wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

That's a good question. I know when the Saints coaches were stealing vicodins everybody expected them to eat some serious stuff, but a league discipline never came.

But a coupla years later they needed a fall team for the league and the Saints were right there with the pay-to-injure scheme. It's as if the owner of the Saints got the other owners to back off in the vic deal, saying I'll owe you one. The only Saints that ended up missing work were the guys mixed up in the vic scandal.

Maybe the Broncs better just fork over a fine and let the exec get suspended a coupla weeks.

All a conspiracy to get the Saints, right?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:

"Ow, my wrist!"
Webmaster

Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinsforlife wrote:

Don't post garbage like this on our forum.

Everyone else, discuss football and stay on topic.
Malik

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the precedent? How many non-players have been suspended for any type of DUI?
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a setback to his career. Not acceptable for anyone but especially not something decision makers can do.

Free Ray Rice
Ketchup

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
What's the precedent? How many non-players have been suspended for any type of DUI?
Not really sure on that but I personally think this is something we may never hear about the punishment as it's more then likely going to be handled within the team and behind close doors. Don't think the NFL would take action here but I could be wrong.

Kempes on the custom sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: