Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

which D
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
123 Dominate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: which D Reply with quote

Wilkerson, ellis, sheldon
Barnes harris davis coples
Cro millner
Landry bush

Wilkerson richardson ellis coples
Barnes harris davis
Cro millner
Landry bush

My question is which base do u think we will be most effective in pass and run

Passing situation
Wilkerson sheldon coples
Sapp harris davis barnes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilkerson is not a 4-3 DE.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to pin down an exact alignment the Jets will use will be particularly foolish and difficult this year. The Jets don't have the LB's to run a 4-3, and they don't quite have the DL to run a 3-4. Both in the traditional sense, of course.

The Jets defense in 2013 will be multiple, and will probably look like both on a given day.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't think we have the right LB's for the 4-3 and don't have the right OLB's to run the 3-4 correctly. But the 43 DL looks good. If we would get the right OLB's for this scheme, the defense will be so much better.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passing Situation Wilkerson Ellis Richardson Coples (with Coples on the move)
Running Probably same formation will be versatile enough to work
jetfuel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best D that the jets can put on the field is David Harris on the bench. I still think he is the weakest D player we have. The guy is only getting slower and he misses a lot of tackles. I really really hope this is his last year in a jet uniform.
Rich51

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
I think the best D that the jets can put on the field is David Harris on the bench. I still think he is the weakest D player we have. The guy is only getting slower and he misses a lot of tackles. I really really hope this is his last year in a jet uniform.

I agree with you that Harris didn't play well last year however I don't see anybody better on the roster.

I was real excited when we drafted Davis and felt he would take over for Scott by the middle of the year, but he didn't. Was it because Rex was loyal to Scott or because Davis didn't show enough? If it's the latter, I'm worried.

Anyway I'm hoping that with a better NT and better overall LB play, Harris's flaws will be covered up.

In any case, unless he has a pro bowl type year I expect he'll be cut before next season
jetfuel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
jetfuel wrote:

I agree with you that Harris didn't play well last year however I don't see anybody better on the roster.

I was real excited when we drafted Davis and felt he would take over for Scott by the middle of the year, but he didn't. Was it because Rex was loyal to Scott or because Davis didn't show enough? If it's the latter, I'm worried.

Anyway I'm hoping that with a better NT and better overall LB play, Harris's flaws will be covered up.

I agree that you can cover some of his weakness, but NFL coaches are to smart and will attack these all game long.

In any case, unless he has a pro bowl type year I expect he'll be cut before next season
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
I'm as much of a Davis Harris detractor as anyone, but come on...have you seen our situation at safety? NT? Rolling Eyes You're ready to put our rookies who haven't played a snap in the NFL over him? You're willing to say all of our LBs are better than him? Come on....Rolling Eyes
jetfuel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
jetfuel wrote:
I'm as much of a Davis Harris detractor as anyone, but come on...have you seen our situation at safety? NT? Rolling Eyes You're ready to put our rookies who haven't played a snap in the NFL over him? You're willing to say all of our LBs are better than him? Come on....Rolling Eyes

I would rather have a rookie or a young guy have a chance over him. I really do think he is one of the worse if not the worse MLB in the NFL. I think a camp cut would be just as good. The Jets should have gone after Bishop from the Pack. Did you see David Harris play last year? He was so slow. If he lost some weight he might pick up a step which would be OK, but the one think you can not fix is his miss tackles. I don't care what the stats say he missed several tackles a game which lead to the jets getting run over every play. I would look for him on almost every play and have to laugh at the half [inappropriate/removed] effort he put in. He would get pushed back and his reaction time is just not there any more. A change needs to happen now during camp and preseason so the team can adapt.
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we want to win we need to get back to 4-3. Use the Giants as the model, their philosophy is dead on, on how to play defense in the NFL. The game has changed and they get it.

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:
If we want to win we need to get back to 4-3. Use the Giants as the model, their philosophy is dead on, on how to play defense in the NFL. The game has changed and they get it.

The giants defense isn't even good, they just rush the passer well. They can't cover, and they dont stop the run. Thanks but no thanks. We have the personel for a 3-4 base and thats what Rex has been building so let him run it. I think our defense plays extremely well this season and the offense will dictate whether we can win games or not.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some people are forgetting how big having Rex calling plays is. Rex was able to cause pressure and confuse QB's with his exotic blitzes. It's going to be great seeing how Rex uses his younger & faster front 7.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: +++Multiple fronts Reply with quote

All the Jets media and coaches keep preaching multiple fronts. TBH I think the 4-3 and 3-4 classification is fading away. As offenses have evolved and become multiple, defenses must do the same. It is a bigger chess match now.

Besides 3-4 and 4-3 we will be playing alot of nickel too.
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:

The giants defense isn't even good, they just rush the passer well. They can't cover, and they dont stop the run. Thanks but no thanks. We have the personel for a 3-4 base and thats what Rex has been building so let him run it. I think our defense plays extremely well this season and the offense will dictate whether we can win games or not.

Why is it every time I post, which is seldom, you can never understand it even though its simply put?

I said their PHILOSOPHY not THEIR men. Huge difference.

Years ago they executed well. It takes the right personnel to do it right, obviously.

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: