You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 1: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:20 am    Post subject: Preseason Week 1: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Jacksonville Jaguars Reply with quote

Depth chart?

Live like you're down 3-1
Tugboat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Very Happy
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The starting offense according to the depth chart: WR Allen Robinson, TE Thomas, LT Luke Joeckel, LG Zane Beadles, C Wisniewski/Bowanko, RG Brandon Linder, RT Jermey Parnell, TE Lewis, WR Hurns, QB Bortles and RB Yeldon/Robinson.

The starting defense according to the depth chart: Leo Branch, DT Hood/Alualu, DT Roy Miller, DE Jared Odrick, WLB Telvin Smith, MLB Paul Posluszny, Otto Dan Skuta, CB Davon House, FS Sergio Brown, SS Johnathan Cyprien and CB McCray/Colvin.

Looks like:
C: Wisniewski/Bowanko
RB: Yeldon/Robinson
3T: Hood/Alualu (starter while Marks is out)
CB: McCray/Colvin

Will be heavily rotated and given starter reps.

Also appears based on this that 2 TE sets will be the "base offense" set, which obviously makes sense given personnel and the fact that we've eliminated the FB position for the time being.

JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So excited for this! We actually have positional battles involving good players rather than 2 turds rolled in glitter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Also appears based on this that 2 TE sets will be the "base offense" set, which obviously makes sense given personnel and the fact that we've eliminated the FB position for the time being.

I'm kind of excited for this tbh.

A-Rob/Hurns/Julius/Marcedes as a base set of pass-catchers is a lot of size on the field. I don't mind that.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
iPwn wrote:

A-Rob/Hurns/Julius/Marcedes as a base set of pass-catchers is a lot of size on the field. I don't mind that.
If the fire that Marcedes has shown in camp carries over, this might be the best TE duo in football.

Suzuku

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigger, stronger, less insane version of Hernandez/Gronk confirmed #falsehope

Honestly though, Marcedes will have to show me on the field in actual play. Been burnt too many times by him in the past to get my hopes up about him. I'm glad we drafted Koyack. Has the same capabilities as Marcedes accept younger and hungrier.
Tugboat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
iPwn wrote:

If the fire that Marcedes has shown in camp carries over, this might be the best TE duo in football.

Yeah, we'll see if it carries over. It's not like Marcedes hasn't shown an ability to be a quality TE in the NFL. He didn't purely fluke into his big contract after all. Laughing He's got talent...and a skillset that on paper at least, should make for a great complement to Julius. So i'm hopeful and excited.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
iPwn wrote:

There arent many good duos that I can think of but Lewis has to prove he can still catch and JT can not get hurt. They have a chance at it though, something to be excited about

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guys over at the Steelers forum had some questions for us, and sent me a list of questions to answer. I figured I would post it here:

iPwn wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
How was your FA offseason?
We brought in quite a few upgrades across the roster. This looks like a very good crop with Julius Thomas, Jared Odrick, Jermey Parnell, Davon House, Stefen Wisniewski, and others. Most of those guys look to be strong additions and have been showing that so far in camp.

Quote:
How was your draft?
It's no secret that I hated the pick of Dante Fowler, Jr, and of course he has torn his ACL and will be out for the year. I was luke-warm on T.J. Yeldon, and he appears to be playing very well thus far. He's showed off some moves that we haven't seen since Fred Taylor's prime, but he suffered a minor hand injury on Friday. 4th round pick James Sample was flashing quite a bit in OTAs and then broke his arm while swatting a ball. So I mean...the class has had a great start.. Sad Beyond that, A.J. Cann looks like he very well could be the LG for the team's foreseeable future once he gets put into the starting roster, and the rest of the draft picks have flashed what one would deem to be an appropriate amount given their draft status.

Quote:
Which young player should be ready to make that leap to the next level?
This roster is so young across the board with so many guys with one or two years of experience, that I could name a dozen guys and have it be a reasonable answer. Guys like Blake Bortles, Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns, Marqise Lee, Chris Smith, Ryan Davis, Aaron Colvin, Demetrius McCray, Johnathan Cyprien and others. These are all guys that are young and have shown a significant amount of flash that make one think that they could become special players. I'm sure many of them won't, and many might just become nothing more than okay rotational pieces, but that's just sorta the situation here. But I keep coming back to one guy that I think will become a super star this year, Telvin Smith. Coming out last year, sabo and myself had a first round scheme fit grade on him for this team. He slipped to the 5th round because he was very undersized for a LB by NFL standards and because of a failed drug test at the Combine. The kid is a freak. He's essentially a playmaking Safety playing weakside LB, and somehow has all the physicality out of a Weakside LB that you would want, despite playing significantly lighter. He's instinctual, had a very fast, fluid movement, and displays a physicality that you wouldn't expect from someone his size.

Quote:
How is training camp going? Any standouts? Duds?
It's training camp, so basically everyone looks like a star in the making. I try not to get too excited about what comes out unless it's just one player constantly getting praise every single day. That said, a lot of the names that we want to hear good things about, we are. Bortles has cleaned up his footwork and mechanics and appears to be taking control of this offense, Allen Robinson has been playing extremely well, Denard and Yeldon look like a strong RB tandem, Aaron Colvin has been getting a lot of praise, Julius Tomas and Marcedes Lewis look like they could be a fantastic TE combo, Jared Odrick looks like a force. But again, it's training camp, so you take that all with a grain of salt.

On the negative side, the Offensive Line still isn't playing well. Luke Joeckel looks more and more like a bust with each passing day, it's just a matter of time before Beadles loses his job, and while from Center to Right Tackle, they look like a decent group, there's been issues there as well. This is really the Achilles heal of the team, and they're going to need to get things together if this offense is going to take any meaningful step forward.

Quote:
People seem to be relegating the Jags a bottom of the barrel record this year. What is going to prove them wrong?
We're in year three of the Dave Caldwell and Gus Bradley tenure. They gutted that roster (that wasn't good to begin with) and basically rebuilt this team as if it was an expansion team. The team's success this year really is predicated on how well these Free Agents and all the youth comes together. Last year, after week 4, Gus Bradley took over play calling duty for the defense, they cut Winson Guy, Telvin started becoming more regularly used, and they made a few other tweaks to player usage. At that point, the team went from historically bad through the first 4 weeks (and really first 20 weeks of Gus's tenure) to a top 10 defense those last 12 weeks. If the defense can continue to play around that level, and the offense can make a decent step forward, this is a team that could win some games. I don't think they'll be challenging for a playoff spot this year unless some players make massive strides, but I think we can come out of this with the general sentiment that the team is moving in the right direction. But I do understand why people have us picking top 5 again. We haven't done enough to give anyone outside the fan base reason to think otherwise. This very well may be another dud year for us, but I'd like to think we're ready to move past that.

Quote:
What's the key to the Jags long term success?
This is a Quarterback driven league. In the last three drafts, we've taken a pass protector #2 overall, a Quarterback #3 overall, and a pass rusher #3 overall. It's essentially that simple. If those players develop, we'll be good. If they don't, it's back to the drawing board.

Quote:
What is your schedule looking like?
we play in the worst division in football. We get the NFC South, where all teams were very inconsistent last year, and the AFC East, and it looks like we'll be playing the Patriots without Brady. This isn't too terribly hard of a schedule, and it seems to start out relatively easy and progressively get harder as time goes on. This is one of those situations where if the defense plays well from the start, and the offense starts out playing okay, we can win some games early on. Then if the offense can come together later, we can continue to win games as the season goes on. Conversely, if we start slow, I'm not sure there's many winnable games on the schedule as the season progresses. It's not a schedule that appears to be tough, but when you've won 9 games over the course of the last three years, it's hard to look at it confidently.

Quote:
Thanks for the interview!
No problem. We're here to answer any other questions you guys might have.

Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welp

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denard returning kicks may be nice.

iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The right side of the OL looked really good on that outside run. What is this?????

Suzuku

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still seeing tackling issues. And Hurns dropping balls.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas being looked at after a low tackle

And yeah, Hurns drop was bad. The first down run was really nice tho.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: