Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams' request to upgrade Edward Jones Dome rejected
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Rams' request to upgrade Edward Jones Dome rejected Reply with quote

Quote:
The CVC still wants to negotiate, but they "simply don't have the money" to green light the Rams' proposal, regional chairman Jim Shrewsbury said. The current lease runs through the 2014 season, which means the Rams can go year-to-year starting in 2015.

That sticky situation could lead to calls for a new stadium and perhaps even threats of returning the franchise to Los Angeles.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000216445/article/rams-request-to-upgrade-edward-jones-dome-rejected

A lot of people like to pay attention to the supposed threat of the Jaguars moving to LA/London, but they are clearly not the only or even the biggest threat to do so. While I do think the Rams will likely remain in St. Louis, this is a situation to keep an eye on.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, you're looking at this through entirely the wrong perspective. The Rams are more a threat to build a new stadium near St. Louis than they are to move to LA. The LA rumors are baseless.

So stick to your own team, thanks.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Yea, you're looking at this through entirely the wrong perspective. The Rams are more a threat to build a new stadium near St. Louis than they are to move to LA. The LA rumors are baseless.

He's free to discuss the Rams.

I think this situation clearly indicates that the Rams will go to LA and the Jaguars will go to St. Louis.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

I heard this for years as a vikes fan. Reality is, if the rams or any team for that matter, can't get a new state of the art stadium, la rumors and potential threats could exist. Especially for leverage. The rams could use the threat of moving to la as a ploy to get what they want in St. Louis. That strategy worked for mn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

They "simply don't have the money" for a renovation, but they're going to find it for a entirely new stadium? Seems highly unlikely.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
green24

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

I'll discuss what teams I want to discuss.

I said that I do not think the Rams will leave St. Louis. However, the prospect of them relocating should not be completely ignored.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the non Cali teams, the rams do make sense as a candidate to move to Los Angeles given the history. Assuming a new stadium deal can't be reached in St. Louis.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, given that the Rams haven't finished above 29th in the league in attendance once since all teams started reporting attendance numbers, I can't see the NFL owners voting to allow the Rams to move somewhere outside of the city limits, and run the risk of attendance numbers dropping even lower, as they aren't in a city anymore. So going outside of St. Louis for somewhere that isn't giving the excuse that they "just don't have the money" but still near St. Louis doesn't seem that likely to me. I could be wrong, but that's going to be a really uphill battle.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

I said that I do not think the Rams will leave St. Louis. However, the prospect of them relocating should not be completely ignored.
I love the "new" chippy Greenie Laughing

As for the Rams stadium situation, I doubt they move to LA, even though they make more sense to go there over the Jags and other teams rumored to go there. I think building a new stadium is likely for them. A lot of times the "renovations" are nearly as costly as building a brand new stadium, so if they could get more tax payer money or something it could be a better idea to just build a new stadium.

R.I.P. Stylish
Panthers11

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

Bitter and unnecessary.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

They "simply don't have the money" for a renovation, but they're going to find it for a entirely new stadium? Seems highly unlikely.

Kroenke is going to build his own stadium. He likes to own his teams stadiums and I'm pretty sure he does in each of the other sports he owns teams. He not only has the means to do it with minimal outside money but has the ties in many business areas to make it happen. They will also likely stay in St Louis as owning his own stadium in LA is less likely to happen given the area and market for real estate.

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
SoS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing the Rams have going for them right now to avoid a relocation is a good team. Jeff Fisher is forming a very competitive group over there and I can't see them leave if they're a good team.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
iPwn wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Kroenke is going to build his own stadium. He likes to own his teams stadiums and I'm pretty sure he does in each of the other sports he owns teams. He not only has the means to do it with minimal outside money but has the ties in many business areas to make it happen. They will also likely stay in St Louis as owning his own stadium in LA is less likely to happen given the area and market for real estate.

Ding ding ding...

green24 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

I don't live in St. Louis. I have no connection to St. Louis. But having been on Rams message boards for the last few years, this is akin to poking the hornets' nest. Nothing stirs up Rams fans(both the remaining Cali fans and the STL fans) like the stupid LA rumors.

Unless you have something credible, there was no reason to add that in there other than to poke the bear.

And yea, I have had more than enough of the bickering that it inevitably causes.

So if you want to discuss every team, go for it...just don't talk out of your arse.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
The best thing the Rams have going for them right now to avoid a relocation is a good team. Jeff Fisher is forming a very competitive group over there and I can't see them leave if they're a good team.

True, but the arrow was pointing up last year compared to others but the attendance numbers still werent all that great

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing I thought of when I saw the thread was "LA".

They have a history there, the city would embrace them and they would get a fancy new stadium.

Could use that threat as leverage, but I find them more likely than Minny (would seem wrong) and Jacksonville (no ties, its the Jaguars).

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: