Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Benjamin expected to start for gordon
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12133
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Benjamin expected to start for gordon Reply with quote

Quote:
The Browns are expected to start Travis Benjamin at X receiver during Josh Gordon's two-game suspension.
Greg Little is the Z receiver, and Davone Bess plays in the slot. Benjamin has sub-4.4 jets and big-play ability, averaging 16.6 yards on 18 receptions as a rookie. He's still unlikely to be a fantasy-viable early-season producer. We wouldn't be surprised if TE Jordan Cameron emerged as Cleveland's leading pass catcher in the first two games, building momentum for a breakout year


http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/263974/travis-benjamin-expected-to-start-for-gordon
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 4926
Location: WV
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Benjamin expected to start for gordon Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Quote:
The Browns are expected to start Travis Benjamin at X receiver during Josh Gordon's two-game suspension.
Greg Little is the Z receiver, and Davone Bess plays in the slot. Benjamin has sub-4.4 jets and big-play ability, averaging 16.6 yards on 18 receptions as a rookie. He's still unlikely to be a fantasy-viable early-season producer. We wouldn't be surprised if TE Jordan Cameron emerged as Cleveland's leading pass catcher in the first two games, building momentum for a breakout year


http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/263974/travis-benjamin-expected-to-start-for-gordon


Been reading a lot of positive predictions about Cameron recently. He has the physical ability to be a solid pass catching TE, but I'm not as optimistic about him as some outsiders it seems. I sure hope they are right though.

Benjamin is still a one trick pony until he proves otherwise. I don't think he offers much more than as a down field threat at this point of his career. His speed will have to be respected, still I'd put the over/under on catches for him through the 1st two games at 3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12133
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Benjamin expected to start for gordon Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Quote:
The Browns are expected to start Travis Benjamin at X receiver during Josh Gordon's two-game suspension.
Greg Little is the Z receiver, and Davone Bess plays in the slot. Benjamin has sub-4.4 jets and big-play ability, averaging 16.6 yards on 18 receptions as a rookie. He's still unlikely to be a fantasy-viable early-season producer. We wouldn't be surprised if TE Jordan Cameron emerged as Cleveland's leading pass catcher in the first two games, building momentum for a breakout year


http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/263974/travis-benjamin-expected-to-start-for-gordon


Been reading a lot of positive predictions about Cameron recently. He has the physical ability to be a solid pass catching TE, but I'm not as optimistic about him as some outsiders it seems. I sure hope they are right though.

Benjamin is still a one trick pony until he proves otherwise. I don't think he offers much more than as a down field threat at this point of his career. His speed will have to be respected, still I'd put the over/under on catches for him through the 1st two games at 3.



I had actually read that Benji had showed much improvement this offseason
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Moderator
Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5777
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And they know this before TC even starts?

Just rotoworlds way of creating a story during the slow season.
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 4926
Location: WV
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
And they know this before TC even starts?

Just rotoworlds way of creating a story during the slow season.


Just a projection probably, who else do we have that will be healthy. I don't know if Nelson is expected to be ready that soon or not, if not then it would either be Benjamin, Norwood, Cooper or a rookie assuming they line Bess and Little up at their projected slots. Benjamin would offer more than the rest with his speed, none of them have much height.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mistakebytehlak


Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 44170
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man its our turn to get a mike wallace in the 3rd. NAY, its our turn to have other teams say "I wish we could get a travis benjamin in the 4th" without laughing their a** off

that being said
prob gon be syndric steptoe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bruceb


Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 6719
Location: Rocky River, OH
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
And they know this before TC even starts?

Just rotoworlds way of creating a story during the slow season.


Hey, it's the first thing that sounded like news that has posted here for a long time, except for the Haslam crap.

I will take a created story in this void of meaningful information!
_________________
Everything happens exactly the way it is supposed to happen...otherwise, it would happen some other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kiwibrown


Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 2407
Location: NZ
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
man its our turn to get a mike wallace in the 3rd. NAY, its our turn to have other teams say "I wish we could get a travis benjamin in the 4th" without laughing their a** off

that being said
prob gon be syndric steptoe


he is already better tha steptoe.
_________________
I survived Johannesburg, 2013.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brownie_415


Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 807
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
man its our turn to get a mike wallace in the 3rd. NAY, its our turn to have other teams say "I wish we could get a travis benjamin in the 4th" without laughing their a** off

that being said
prob gon be syndric steptoe


How dare you sir, how dare. I hope that is enough righteous indignation.

I hope you are right on the first part, but the second is already wrong. The only comparison on this team to Steptoe is Marecic. Both can't catch and we wonder how they stay on the team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MalcolmBrown


Joined: 26 Jul 2011
Posts: 620
Location: 2013 Adopt a Brownie: Leon McFadden: 1 solo tackle, 1 assist
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how I had the season starting, it's the only way to replace Gordon's speed/big play ability in that spot. The only issue is Benjamin's size, he's pretty small for a #1, so depending on who's matching up with him from the other team's defense, he's going to half to rely on his speed to get separation, because if I was the DB across from him, I would try to tee off on him every time at the line. But so long as Benjamin knows his routes, then the offense is going to work pretty similarly. Just may need a couple other receivers to show up in training camp, to take some of that pressure of TBJ.

However this is great because it presents our week one line up. I've been hearing much said about the loss of Josh Gordon, and how it's going to effect the start of the season, but we need to prepare for one game, and one game only right now, and that is against Miami @ First Energy Stadium. Everybody wants to talk about how tough Miami is going to be this season. I don't necessarily buy that, and even though they were 7-9 last year, I don't believe they are miles ahead of us either.
_________________
"You mean...this ain't Malcolm Browns car...? ...Damn...my bad..."

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TeHDruiD


Joined: 01 Jan 2010
Posts: 6842
Location: Canton, OH
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
And they know this before TC even starts?

Just rotoworlds way of creating a story during the slow season.


The thing to remember about Rotoworld is they always link to the article in which they got their information from

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2013/06/terry_plutos_talkin_about_the_10.html

Quote:
Gordon is suspended for the first two games of this season. Right now, Travis Benjamin will probably start in his place, with Little as the other outside receiver. Bess is a slot receiver.


That being said, I agree that no one has any clue right now how the WR unit will shake out until TC starts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mtmmike


Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 647
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am one of the people that is saying this is good
2i have benjamin as the most improved browns player this year.
teams that are weak in the secondary are going to have huge problems with him as a 4th option if he stays healthy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MalcolmBrown


Joined: 26 Jul 2011
Posts: 620
Location: 2013 Adopt a Brownie: Leon McFadden: 1 solo tackle, 1 assist
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
I am one of the people that is saying this is good
2i have benjamin as the most improved browns player this year.
teams that are weak in the secondary are going to have huge problems with him as a 4th option if he stays healthy.



Agreed, I think holding down the number 1 slot will do wonders for TBJ. Also gives other guys an opportunity to step up and see the field, make some plays, or get some blocks, and get hit. I think this receiving corp when all accounted for (including JC), will give most defenses issues. Speed on the outside, size in the middle. Can Weeden play Pitch and Catch with this group? Weeden is still my biggest "?" on this offense, but I did like a lot of what I saw last season. He'll get the chance to boom or bust.
_________________
"You mean...this ain't Malcolm Browns car...? ...Damn...my bad..."

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mtmmike


Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 647
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalcolmBrown wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
I am one of the people that is saying this is good
2i have benjamin as the most improved browns player this year.
teams that are weak in the secondary are going to have huge problems with him as a 4th option if he stays healthy.



Agreed, I think holding down the number 1 slot will do wonders for TBJ. Also gives other guys an opportunity to step up and see the field, make some plays, or get some blocks, and get hit. I think this receiving corp when all accounted for (including JC), will give most defenses issues. Speed on the outside, size in the middle. Can Weeden play Pitch and Catch with this group? Weeden is still my biggest "?" on this offense, but I did like a lot of what I saw last season. He'll get the chance to boom or bust.

watch out agreeing with me will get you banned on this board
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 4926
Location: WV
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
MalcolmBrown wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
I am one of the people that is saying this is good
2i have benjamin as the most improved browns player this year.
teams that are weak in the secondary are going to have huge problems with him as a 4th option if he stays healthy.



Agreed, I think holding down the number 1 slot will do wonders for TBJ. Also gives other guys an opportunity to step up and see the field, make some plays, or get some blocks, and get hit. I think this receiving corp when all accounted for (including JC), will give most defenses issues. Speed on the outside, size in the middle. Can Weeden play Pitch and Catch with this group? Weeden is still my biggest "?" on this offense, but I did like a lot of what I saw last season. He'll get the chance to boom or bust.

watch out agreeing with me will get you banned on this board


That isn't true, you can get banned just for having a conversation with you, agreeing or not. Laughing

Don't take it personal when others disagree with you, there are a lot of members who post in this forum and many different debating styles. Some are more friendly than others, but that doesn't mean that there is anyone here who actually dislikes you. You have been treated pretty fairly so far for someone who usually takes the negative side of things. They usually have a harder road to travel, but I think they prefer that road.

You aren't alone, there are others. Seek them out and form an alliance.

Yeah, I lost myself on this reply. I think I started out with a point, but I don't recall what it was.



Oh yeah, eat your vegetables
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group