Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If You Could Attend Any Game in Bears History...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: If You Could Attend Any Game in Bears History... Reply with quote

...which game would it be? Lets exclude Super Bowl XX.

The 1986 and 2007 NFC Championship games would be pretty close to #1 on the list for me. Also the Gale Sayers 6 TD game.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A close 2nd would be going back and watching Walter Payton coming off the flu setting his single game rushing high of 275 yards against the Vikings back in 1977…

But if there was a game I could have been at live it would have been against the Cardinals in 2006 on Monday night football in a brand new stadium…it was a game where even sitting at home was a rollercoaster ride where it looked like we were out of the game by halftime with the offence unable to do anything and us being down 20-0 at the half and then the D lifting us back into the game overcoming Rex's 4 INTs…it is the best game I ever saw Urlacher play with 25 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 PBUs and an all-important 4th quarter forced fumble which set us a return TD for Peanut…add in an explosive put return of over 80 yards by Hester to win the game and it doesn’t get much better.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
A close 2nd would be going back and watching Walter Payton coming off the flu setting his single game rushing high of 275 yards against the Vikings back in 1977…

But if there was a game I could have been at live it would have been against the Cardinals in 2006 on Monday night football in a brand new stadium…it was a game where even sitting at home was a rollercoaster ride where it looked like we were out of the game by halftime with the offence unable to do anything and us being down 20-0 at the half and then the D lifting us back into the game overcoming Rex's 4 INTs…it is the best game I ever saw Urlacher play with 25 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 PBUs and an all-important 4th quarter forced fumble which set us a return TD for Peanut…add in an explosive put return of over 80 yards by Hester to win the game and it doesn’t get much better.

It was great, but hard to watch for the first 3 quarters. Wink

My first thought would be to go to the Fog Bowl but it would suck to not actually see. So I'd go to the '85 NFCCG. Just pure domination.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:

The really funny part about that game was the amount of people who were flipping out the next day. "I GOT SO MAD AND I TURNED THE GAME OFF AND THEY WON!!!" That's why a game should never be turned off. And that was a three-score game. People do that all the time for two and even one-score games.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:

I was at the Payton game. That was the year I got married to the mother of my sons. She went with me to some of the games until it turned out she paid no attention to the game but was watching the crowd more than anything. No more games for her. But I adored her even after she told me how good the Vikes looked in their purple capes one game.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

My first thought would be to go to the Fog Bowl but it would suck to not actually see. So I'd go to the '85 NFCCG. Just pure domination.
Even better than the Arizona game was the game @ Minn when McMahon came off the bench and threw three td passes in 8 plays. That is the one I would like to see live. All the playoff games were just awesome and my favorite moment came when Wilbur Marshall intercepted Brock's pass and ran it in for the td, as he started forward it began to snow huge flakes. My goofy buddy decided that was the moment to expose his flabby belly to the world and, like a stripper, started disrobing and handing me the excess. It was 15 at best at the time but he stripped down to his pants.

I was at the Fog Bowl and after the fog poured into the stadium OVER the wall you could not see ANYTHING. We sit half way up section 220 and we could not see the goal posts right in front of us. So the game was looking at the fog and hearing cheering from its midst without knowing who was cheering or why. But no one wanted to leave. I had to wait until I got home to see any of the game from the tape I made.
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

06 arizona game for me. Watched it on TV but man that would have been a whild game to witness in person.

Adopt a Bear.... Ka'Deem Carey.... HB.... Arizona
28 att for 130 yards 4.6avg. HALL OF FAME!
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Walter Payton game in GB where we blocked a chip shot FG at the end to win the game 14-13. The guy who blocked it said Payton lifted him up in the air to block it.

The 48-41 win against Minny a few years ago. That would have been fun to see live.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowler1215 wrote:
The Walter Payton game in GB where we blocked a chip shot FG at the end to win the game 14-13. The guy who blocked it said Payton lifted him up in the air to block it.

The 48-41 win against Minny a few years ago. That would have been fun to see live.

+1 for the Payton game. Great call.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
So I'd go to the '85 NFCCG. Just pure domination.

Thats the one I would go to....but the Arizona game is a close 2nd.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 20, Love the 06' Cardinals game mentioned above. But I cannot remember a time that I was more excited as a Bears fan than that opening kickoff in the Superbowl that year. Can't say I'd pick any other situation to see live.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants vs Bears NFC Divisional Playoffs 1/5/86. Old school rivalry.
Badger75

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday December 8, 1940

It is sunny and cold in Washington DC. The nation’s capital is tense, war is looming, FDR has just broken the 3rd term barrier. The America Firsters are angry and domestic politics is full of rumors and rancor.

Lend lease is being negotiated between the US and the UK. and on this day Lord Lothian has sent FDR a telegram cryptically confirning details. The Congress has not been informed and political tension is high.

The country needs a distraction and the Bears and Redskins provide it. George Preston Marshall has been insulting George Halas in the newspapers and on radio all week. The Redskins are supposed to be the lesser team but beat the Bears the week before. Now they are meeting for the NFL championship.

Sammy Baugh is in his 4th season and has a big contract. Sid Luckman is only in year two and the papers argue who is better?

Clark Shaughnessy, a college coach, has redesigned the T-formation for Halas who has the Bears practice it all week.

Marshall's insults make it impossible for Baugh and the Redskins to back down, although his team is more battered than the Bears.

An unusually large crowd is on hand, glad to get away from the DC grid and enjoy a football game. Baugh and the Redskins are posed to win the NFL championship.

Almost from the beginning, the game goes wrong for Baugh. Luckman's skill at ball handling is on display and the Bears unleash Shaughnessy's game plan. What transpires is a 72-0 disaster for the Redskins. Baugh is mercifully yanked in the 3rd Q and is photographed crying on the sidelines. Marshall is full of accusations and conspiracy theories after the game.

FDR loves the details and the distraction. Mrs. Marshall coolly waits a day then calls George Halas to book Coach Shaughnessy into Redskins Summer camp for 1941.
Cool
UtahBear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I was at this game and it was amazing!

The 2007 NFC Championship game would be mine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: