Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kaepernick a Dolphins Fan?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Kaepernick a Dolphins Fan? Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/05/kaepernick-defiant-about-dolphins-hat/

Pretty cool. Perhaps he is NOT a Dolphins fan, but it sure looks like he might be. I think Kaepernick just became my favorite NON-Dolphin QB.
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Kaepernick a Dolphins Fan? Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/05/kaepernick-defiant-about-dolphins-hat/

Pretty cool. Perhaps he is NOT a Dolphins fan, but it sure looks like he might be. I think Kaepernick just became my favorite NON-Dolphin QB.

Omar Kelly probably just got all 20 20 hindsight once more.

"Man crush alum"
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner 2012 and 2013
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
Deets

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One time during grad school I was walking through the B School and ran into a buddy of mine. I knew him to be a hardcore Knicks fan, yet that day he was wearing as Hornets snapback. So I asked him what the hell was up with that. His answer, "the colors fit".

Anyways, thats how it is. Snapbacks are a fashion thing rather than a team loyalty thing. Theres tons of guys out there that wear a team's hats without giving a damn about said team. Take that as you will.

FF Member #67
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure most if not all of the players in the league was a fan of a team growing up, and only around 1 in 32 actually get the luxury of playing for that team in the pros (at first, anyway). It doesn't shock me when it comes out a player was previously a fan of a different team... although when you're actually a player in the NFL, you're a fan of whichever team you're on. That doesn't mean that Kaepernick still can't root for the Fins as his #2 team, though... especially since the Niners and Fins are in different conferences.

Nacho Simulation Football League
phinsforlife

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
One time during grad school I was walking through the B School and ran into a buddy of mine. I knew him to be a hardcore Knicks fan, yet that day he was wearing as Hornets snapback. So I asked him what the hell was up with that. His answer, "the colors fit".

Anyways, thats how it is. Snapbacks are a fashion thing rather than a team loyalty thing. Theres tons of guys out there that wear a team's hats without giving a damn about said team. Take that as you will.

I think it's a little different when you're a professional athlete, though.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wanted Kaepernick in a Miami Uni come draft time. But then again, I'm sure he would have been ruined here in Miami under Sparano his first year. He definitely ended up in the right spot in SF under Harbaugh.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinsforlife wrote:
Deets wrote:

I think it's a little different when you're a professional athlete, though.

I'm afraid more and more young players these days don't see that distinction. The culture is getting the point as to where teams are just colors to young superstars rather than the symbol of a fanbase. Fortunately the problem is far less in the NFL than the NBA where the game has become entirely about the superstars and teams matter next to nothing.

FF Member #67
phinsforlife

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I'll be honest, I've never seen an athlete wearing another teams colors. If you can prove me wrong, outside of LeBron wearing that Yankees hat, then I'll believe you.

But, I really don't ever see an athlete, or any young athletes, wearing other teams stuff and I don't think it should be done.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"This the hat y'all mad at? I'm goin wear what I want regardless of what you think, all you need to worry about is the fact that I grind for my teammates and the 49ers! I plan on doin this until they won't let me in the building! #ridiculous #y'allmustbebored"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
I was walking through the B School and ran into a buddy of mine. I knew him to be a hardcore Knicks fan, yet that day he was wearing as Hornets snapback. So I asked him what the hell was up with that. His answer, "the colors fit".

Let me guess, you're friend is Jewish?
phinsforlife

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
Deets wrote:
I was walking through the B School and ran into a buddy of mine. I knew him to be a hardcore Knicks fan, yet that day he was wearing as Hornets snapback. So I asked him what the hell was up with that. His answer, "the colors fit".

Let me guess, you're friend is Jewish?

Good one.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaper just went up in mu book, go Kap

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keapernick has came out and said when he was growing up his two favorite teams were the packers his favorite then the 49ers which was the favorite of his friends. They even had a letter out if a time capsule to back it up. Those the teams he want to play
Deets

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://tracking.si.com/2013/07/16/49ers-navarro-bowman-colin-kaepernick-wearing-dolphins-hat-huge-mistake/?sct=obnetwork

Sometimes I hate being proven right. Young players care more about fashion than team loyalty. Sad

FF Member #67
patdt13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:

"This the hat y'all mad at? I'm goin wear what I want regardless of what you think, all you need to worry about is the fact that I grind for my teammates and the 49ers! I plan on doin this until they won't let me in the building! #ridiculous #y'allmustbebored"

Look at that fresh hat

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: