You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Aaron Rodgers a 1 hit wonder in the playoffs
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Aaron Rodgers a 1 hit wonder in the playoffs
Yes
27%
 27%  [ 35 ]
No
72%
 72%  [ 92 ]
Total Votes : 127

Insane82

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Is Aaron Rodgers a 1 hit wonder in the playoffs Reply with quote

*EDIT*I had a 3rd option for this saying He is i he 1 and dones 1 or 2 more times but it didnt go through

I think this is a reasonable question to be asked at this point. Other then the 1 SB run the Packers has only won 1 game in the playoffs against a team with a backup QB and without their best WR who allot of people believe the team was not worthy of being in the playoffs. He has gone 1 and down in the playoffs twice in his career including the 15-1 season where everyone believed they were destined to go back to the SB. Now before everyone starts blaming other players I only bring this up because of how everyone attacks Peyton Manning over the same thing. Plays great in the regular season and comes up short in the playoffs. Im just wondering how long till he gets that title of great QB in the regular season but cant get it done in the playoffs.

*Flamesuit on*

Last edited by Insane82 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
smetana34

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Aaron Rodgers a 1 hit wonder in the playoffs Reply with quote

Insane82 wrote:
I think this is a reasonable question to be asked at this point. Other then the 1 SB run the Packers has only won 1 game in the playoffs against a team with a backup QB and without their best WR who allot of people believe the team was not worthy of being in the playoffs. He has gone 1 and down in the playoffs twice in his career including the 15-1 season where everyone believed they were destined to go back to the SB. Now before everyone starts blaming other players I only bring this up because of how everyone attacks Peyton Manning over the same thing. Plays great in the regular season and comes up short in the playoffs. Im just wondering how long till he gets that title of great QB in the regular season but cant get it done in the playoffs.

*Flamesuit on*

I find it odd an ATL fan is starting this. Didn't your QB just finally win his first game in the playoffs? Guess he can't get it done either.

Rodgers had a bad game against NYG two years ago, but he's been stellar in every other game. Since he's only been starting 5 years and been to the playoffs four times, winning at least 1 game in 2 of the trips, I think it's premature to try making an argument saying he's just a regular season QB.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda funny, on a couple different levels, that a Falcons fan would bring up Rodgers not performing in the playoffs Laughing

Opponents points scored in Packer Playoff losses -

09 - 51
11 - 37
12- 45

More appropriate question would be, How the hell does Dom Capers still have a job? Tons of talent on defense that has come unraveled in the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years. Giving up 44 points per game in the losses is terrible, for any defense. Cant pin that on Rodgers IMO.
TY4ATD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No he's definitely not. In hist first playoff game he was amazing the defense was just putrid. His next go at the playoff he wins a SB and plays great in all but the Chicago game. In the last two seasons he's again played pretty good in playoffs and has lost the the SB champs and the NFC representatives in the SB, so no I would say he's absolutely not a one year wonder unless he goes one and done for like the next 4 years which is pretty unlikely IMO.
Insane82

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Kinda funny, on a couple different levels, that a Falcons fan would bring up Rodgers not performing in the playoffs Laughing

Opponents points scored in Packer Playoff losses -

09 - 51
11 - 37
12- 45

More appropriate question would be, How the hell does Dom Capers still have a job? Tons of talent on defense that has come unraveled in the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years. Giving up 44 points per game in the losses is terrible, for any defense. Cant pin that on Rodgers IMO.

........Did I mention Ryan noo so from this alone this just proves your an ignorant wannabe internet bully but its not gonna bother me they it bothers you that I asked a negative question about a a QB. And here is another one for you when a Falcons fan has blamed the defense for playoff losses the PACKER FANS are the ones who say you cant blame the defense the QB has gotta get it done so dont give me that its hilarious to see that double standard. and idky you act like Im disrespecting Rodgers I even said he was great in the regular season but other then the SB run they have only won against a team QBed by Webb and without Harvin.
Insane82

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TY4ATD wrote:
No he's definitely not. In hist first playoff game he was amazing the defense was just putrid. His next go at the playoff he wins a SB and plays great in all but the Chicago game. In the last two seasons he's again played pretty good in playoffs and has lost the the SB champs and the NFC representatives in the SB, so no I would say he's absolutely not a one year wonder unless he goes one and done for like the next 4 years which is pretty unlikely IMO.

This right here is a double standard as Ive seen this made for another team as well and it gets pushed aside as a "well youve gotta get it done to be great"
Insane82

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive heard it all when it comes to playoff records when you are defending a player its If it wasnt for that player they wouldnt have won or this player is the reason why they won, or if they lose and you defend them its a team game or it was the Defense that failed this player or vise versa Ive come to realize the favoritism some players get compared to others. I made this thread more of a Manning gets grief why dont other players and yet I get attacked for being a falcons Fan and ppl bring up Ryan because he hasnt played the best in the Playoffs..... SMH some people here are pathetic
buno67

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Rodgers has always played great in the playoffs but his supporting cast hasn't.

I remember 2years when he giants won the SB. The Packers playoff game Finley dropped a lot of big passes that costed them the game. The defense has struggled to pull its weight in the other playoffs.

At this point in his career he is a better playoff QB than Peyton Manning
Insane82

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Yeah Rodgers has always played great in the playoffs but his supporting cast hasn't.

I remember 2years when he giants won the SB. The Packers playoff game Finley dropped a lot of big passes that costed them the game. The defense has struggled to pull its weight in the other playoffs.

At this point in his career he is a better playoff QB than Peyton Manning

Now this is a real response Took the question disagreed with it and answered it without " HURP DURP YOUR A FALCONS FAN AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH"
sn0mm1s

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insane82 wrote:
TY4ATD wrote:

This right here is a double standard as Ive seen this made for another team as well and it gets pushed aside as a "well youve gotta get it done to be great"

Uhh... Rodgers did get it done. In his 8 playoff starts he has only had 1 really poor game and 5 great games. He has a winning record in the playoffs and his teams have never put up less than 20 pts. I think you need to reevaluate whatever it is you are trying to illustrate.
game3525

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmao, Rodgers has been terrific in the playoffs.
Insane82

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sn0mm1s wrote:
Insane82 wrote:
TY4ATD wrote:

Uhh... Rodgers did get it done. In his 8 playoff starts he has only had 1 really poor game and 5 great games. He has a winning record in the playoffs and his teams have never put up less than 20 pts. I think you need to reevaluate whatever it is you are trying to illustrate.

Im just going by the logic Ive seen on this board over the years. If you win you win if you lose you lose nothing else matters
Pats#1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely not.....he hasn't played legitimately BAD in most of the games he's lost.

People don't understand just how hard it is to win the SB, especially when it is single elimination.

So many different things go into winning and losing a football game, not just the QB, even though he is the most important player on the field.

Rodgers is young and has unbelievable talent and skill, and I would be extremely surprised if he didn't win AT LEAST 1 more SB ring.

If he starts to always fall short throughout his career then maybe a case can be made....but his career is still rather young for an elite QB and I think it is too early to make that type of judgement.

WE'RE ON TO 2016
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy, you have no idea what you just started.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insane82 wrote:
sn0mm1s wrote:
Insane82 wrote:
TY4ATD wrote:

Im just going by the logic Ive seen on this board over the years. If you win you win if you lose you lose nothing else matters

That isn't the logic used on this board.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: