Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Houston Texans Forum Awards Thread. (PM votes now!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grasspike

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggio7 wrote:
I feel left out. Crying or Very sad

But really, I don't post in here as often as you all. It's tough to comment on things going on when I rarely get to watch the games. Houston fan living in PA is hard. Laughing

I left CAS22 out as well, and both of y'all have been on the forum quite some time, so don't feel bad. I also barely remembered kenney and he's one of my favorite posters Embarassed

Sig by matthouston91
biggio7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
biggio7 wrote:

But really, I don't post in here as often as you all. It's tough to comment on things going on when I rarely get to watch the games. Houston fan living in PA is hard. Laughing

I left CAS22 out as well, and both of y'all have been on the forum quite some time, so don't feel bad. I also barely remembered kenney and he's one of my favorite posters Embarassed

It's all good. I was just busting you all. You are all better Texans posters than me anyway. I come here to get your information. Hats off to those nominated. I'll get my votes in.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
biggio7 wrote:

It probably doesn't help that I post less than I used to and it's my understanding that everyone thinks I'm a raging [inappropriate/removed].
Blaze

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
...given that this is the first year I'm NOT a finalist for the Mr. fanTASTic award in TAST (after three consecutive years of winning the damn thing) I'd be happy if I won something here.

Anything.

Anything at all, really.

Doesn't have to be special.

Just you know. Something. Sad
Ah, phoey.... Laughing

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
...given that this is the first year I'm NOT a finalist for the Mr. fanTASTic award in TAST (after three consecutive years of winning the damn thing) I'd be happy if I won something here.

Anything.

Anything at all, really.

Doesn't have to be special.

Just you know. Something. Sad

oh man, i forgot all about you when i sent in my list.....my bad

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

OK, me and Servant have the sigs ready and the award show will be changed from Monday to Tuesday at 7 PM CT. You still have 2 days and a half to submit your votes if you haven't.

Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Update:

OK, me and Servant have the sigs ready and the award show will be changed from Monday to Tuesday at 7 PM CT. You still have 2 days and a half to submit your votes if you haven't.

Very Happy

wait theres going to be a show Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In with difficulty!

That's what she said.

But really, votes are in. There were some tough ones. I wasn't sure about the rookie award, I may have missed someone. Sorry in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not gonna make it tonight, my friends wouldn't let me skip poker night lol

Have fun yall

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be in and out as well

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to start in a couple of hours. Im waiting on Servant to PM me the winners and the sigs.

I had to pickup my date. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a thought about the Ed Reed award, wouldn't winning the award for most underrated poster actually show you aren't underrated?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Just had a thought about the Ed Reed award, wouldn't winning the award for most underrated poster actually show you aren't underrated?

Taking a further step back, what exactly is underrated about Ed Reed who's name is almost always proceeded by "future hall of famer?" I know it's a done deal, but for my money the underrated award would be someone like Daniel Manning. Dude is the other component of taking the Texans from one of the worst secondaries of all-time in 2010 to 3rd best in 2011. Jonathan Joseph got a Pro Bowl nod he probably didn't deserve last year, but Manning has been a huge part of the glue that has solidified this secondary and will be a HUGE factor in our success/failure this season.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Taking a further step back, what exactly is underrated about Ed Reed who's name is almost always proceeded by "future hall of famer?" I know it's a done deal, but for my money the underrated award would be someone like Daniel Manning. Dude is the other component of taking the Texans from one of the worst secondaries of all-time in 2010 to 3rd best in 2011. Jonathan Joseph got a Pro Bowl nod he probably didn't deserve last year, but Manning has been a huge part of the glue that has solidified this secondary and will be a HUGE factor in our success/failure this season.

The award for most underrated is the Kareem Jackson Award. Hes pretty underrated considering hes still judged mostly from his Rookie season.

Ed Reed is the classiest poster. I think it being named after Matt Schaub would be more appropriate. Say what you want about Schaub but the handling of his scrutiny has been awesome.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

The award for most underrated is the Kareem Jackson Award. Hes pretty underrated considering hes still judged mostly from his Rookie season.

Ed Reed is the classiest poster. I think it being named after Matt Schaub would be more appropriate. Say what you want about Schaub but the handling of his scrutiny has been awesome.

Yep, Pastor's reply got me confused. You know us "veteran's" don't always come to camp with our heads in the game yet. It was a good rant though.

As for Kareem Jackson, the closest I'll get is that he may be underrated by fans outside Houston who still connect him with his rookie year dung heap, but Texan fans came to massively overrate him last year based upon one good half against Megatron. Pro Bowl talk was laughable for the 4th best cover guy in his own secondary that was middle of the road (16th). IMO the only reason he looks good in some of the PFF metrics is that we were so awful at nickle last year that QBs knew the path of least resistance was in the slot (or JJoe deep when he was gimpy), so they didn't pick on Kareem. I still have no faith in him one on one, especially deep and think we are SOL if he is our #1 at any point.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: