You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Steelers Talk 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was actually a high school football score from last night.

Meadville - 107
DuBois - 90

Some stats from the game:

1,827 total yards of offense
28 total TDs
DuBois QB threw for 785 yards and ten TDs
Meadville RB rushed 30 times for 722 and ten TDs

The Meadville coach said "neither team brought their defense?" Uh, ya think? Laughing

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
waffles7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a side note. Normally I don't jump on hype trains after a few games but after considering Marcus Peters the highest rated DB to come out since Earl Thomas, I think he's headed on the road to greatness. Had a nice game last week and one hell of a game tonight. Hes doong more than holding his own against Demariyus Thomas, love the physicality, and of course the ball skills are nearly impossible to ignore. I think we see him in the Pro Bowl come seasons end and will be on the Revis / Sherman level by year 3.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas!!

Time to report on all Pittsburgh related sports presents that ya got.

So far for me

Steelers gloves
My first NHL Penguins sweater. Away colors sort of a fan hybrid jersey (not a real one) but an official Reebok so it was expensive. Did I mention it was a Mario jersey? Cool
JLambert58

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns finally got the head coach they wanted:

http://www.sportspickle.com/2014/01/browns-hire-adorable-stray-kitten-new-head-coach
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Tom Brady & Ray Lewis were the only of the super bowl MVPs in NFL history that heard boos as they came out from the fans! Lmfao! Laughing

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Laughing Tom Brady & Ray Lewis were the only of the super bowl MVPs in NFL history that heard boos as they came out from the fans! Lmfao! Laughing

Haha. Loved it.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25497512/look-pittsburgh-fan-cruise-rescues-16-people-in-middle-of-the-ocean

Goodell then suspends Harrison four games for it.

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you all are devastated (overjoyed) by my recent departure from the forums...during my 2nd favorite part of the year (Draft), but I'm retiring from the Navy and will be officially out by May 1st. I've been '2nd career' hunting for the past 3 months; I've applied to well over 100 positions. It's crazy. Anyway, I've had a bunch of interviews and am still waiting on word from half a dozen of them to find out who wins the lucky lottery of having Ward4HOF as their next employee!! LOL!!

Anyway, I'm sure you all have sighed a breath of fresh air, with my departure as of late; and for those that didn't even notice, I'm sure you've noticed an unfamiliar air of calm and sanity on the forum over the past 3 months. But fear (celebrate) not, I will return once my life has calmed and I'm back in a normal routine in the next couple of months.

Anyway, I haven't followed a PEEP of the draft, and have ZERO idea of who we are looking at or who we all want, so it should be interesting to watch in a couple of weeks.

Take care, all, and don't worry, consider this post a promise (warning/harbinger) of my return at some point in the future; I'll try to at least come and read some if not post.
warfelg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
I know you all are devastated (overjoyed) by my recent departure from the forums...during my 2nd favorite part of the year (Draft), but I'm retiring from the Navy and will be officially out by May 1st. I've been '2nd career' hunting for the past 3 months; I've applied to well over 100 positions. It's crazy. Anyway, I've had a bunch of interviews and am still waiting on word from half a dozen of them to find out who wins the lucky lottery of having Ward4HOF as their next employee!! LOL!!

Anyway, I'm sure you all have sighed a breath of fresh air, with my departure as of late; and for those that didn't even notice, I'm sure you've noticed an unfamiliar air of calm and sanity on the forum over the past 3 months. But fear (celebrate) not, I will return once my life has calmed and I'm back in a normal routine in the next couple of months.

Anyway, I haven't followed a PEEP of the draft, and have ZERO idea of who we are looking at or who we all want, so it should be interesting to watch in a couple of weeks.

Take care, all, and don't worry, consider this post a promise (warning/harbinger) of my return at some point in the future; I'll try to at least come and read some if not post.

Congrats and good luck!!

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:

Congrats and good luck!!

Yes good luck. I actually work for the TVPO. So I know what process you are going through to gain employment.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are you again? Twisted Evil
JLambert58

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Ward! Knock 'em dead. We'll keep the Draft soup hot for you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all very much; the hunt continues. Been the 'bridesmaid' on a couple of openings, but yet to be the 'bride'...and don't worry, 43M, I'm talking about jobs, not about 'us'; I'll always be your 'bride'!

But anywho, before I start my search/application submittals for the day, I came across this video on FoxSports...the best draft picks from the past 9 years. I wanted to see who the other 8 picks were, since we know who the 'slam-dunk case' is for 2010; I mean, what other pick from 2010 has close to this resume:

5 Pro Bowl (2011, 20132016)
3 First-team All-Pro (20142016)
Second-team All-Pro (2013)
Co-AFC Offensive Player of the Year (2014)
NFL receiving yards leader (2014)
2 NFL receptions leader (2014, 2015)

Not to mention the 5/50 streak and being the 1st NFL player in history to have 1000 Return/Receiving yds in the same season...

...AAANNND, on top of it all, was selected in the 6th Rd or later...I'm sure you see where I'm going with this...

Rob Gronkowski?? Really?? For starters, he hasn't even been healthy, only playing 'somewhat' full seasons in 3 out of the last 5. Then of course, is the fact that he was selected 4 rounds earlier, and doesn't have the same 'peripheral' value that AB does...just sickening...

It's like saying Brian Urlacher was the best Draft Pick from 2000. Game changing LB, future HOFer, but nope, it makes sense to have the 6th Rd pick be considered the best pick for obvious reasons. But yes, I get that it's not the same, but you see my point.

OK, back to work...or at least, looking for it!!

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/video/928118339981
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any of ya'll see that photo of the Pouncey twins at Hernandez's funeral? One of either Mike/Maurkice was photographed utilizing a cane..
skywlker32

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
Any of ya'll see that photo of the Pouncey twins at Hernandez's funeral? One of either Mike/Maurkice was photographed utilizing a cane..

It was Mike. He is recovering from hip surgery.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: