You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Steelers Talk 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warfelg

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys. Looks like I'm going to take a little "leave of absence" for 3 weeks in late June and early July. The Country Club I work at is hosting the U.S. women's open.

Then the fun part:
I'm going on a vacation with my girlfriend at the end of the three weeks, and upon my return, hopefully she will be my fiancÚ!
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:
BenderRodriguez wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/05/05/Former-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Charlie-Batch-Chris-Hoke-will-replace-Edmund-Nelson-on-KDKA/stories/201505050173

Best move of the entire offseason lol. Now I might actually tolerate preseason games now. Listening to Nelson was excruciating.

I totally agree. Nelson was terrible.

OMG!!!!!

As miniscule as this news might seem, it makes me happy beyond words.

Now I wont have to listen to Nelson constantly mispronounce names, call players by the wrong names and make horrible analysis of players and plays.

Honestly, he was so hard to listen to.

And I love both Batch and Hoke, so this is a great move!

Edmund Nelson-Ya gots ta thow da ball whey dey ain't. Why does Edmund Nelson's head always look like he just came out of a wind tunnel?

Now if they could get rid of Pompeani they would be on to something. Pompeani-Ben is the leader of this team, he is the leader of this offense, he is the leader.

I love the leader! Seriously how many times does he need to say that? Laughing

Could you imagine if we drafted Owamagbe Odighizuwa and Nelson was still around. I would have loved to hear him butcher that name!

Pompeani: So, Edmund, what do you think about this young man?
Nelson: I tell ya Bubb, this young man, this Ohmugud Odiggity is gonna be a flim flammin young man sacking young man.
Pompeani: Who? And what?
Nelson: I agree Bubb...this OHenry Ochocalatebar is gonna be a young mannin' young man sack machinin young man. Pair him with Jarvis Jonzz...and youz got two young manz who are already perennial pro bowlers.
Pompeani: Wait....wait...are you trying to say Ben is the leader of the Avengers? Because he isnt....but he could be.
Nelson: No Bubb...you make no senz sometimez. And look at that, a sack by Jamz Harralson, what a great story this cooky young man is...
Pompeani: He's 37..
Nelson: You crazy Bubb...wherez muh ribz.
Pompeani: ....Ben is the leader of the free world. Thats no lie.

LMFAO

So true!!!!!

I remember last year during the Bills game they called Kraig Urbik, Keith Urban. Laughing

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
SMashMouthMike

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well guys. Looks like I'm going to take a little "leave of absence" for 3 weeks in late June and early July. The Country Club I work at is hosting the U.S. women's open.

Then the fun part:
I'm going on a vacation with my girlfriend at the end of the three weeks, and upon my return, hopefully she will be my fiancÚ!

Good Luck man and congrats.

Wives are sometimes not FUN.

Quote:
SMM, Funny you should mention that, my daughter's about to turn 4. Just gotta keep lovin' 'em and hope for the best. Wink

Mine too. It was easier for me to be harder on my son. Little girls are something else.

Thanks Lyasr 529
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Steeler's 'biggest fan' is at it again! This guy is just unbelievably stupid, or needs some serious psychological help. Dude get's arrested like every year!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-hall-famer-warren-sapp-charged-domestic-battery-234450915--nfl.html

I know the HOF is for 'on field' achievements, but every time a HOFer does something like this, the HOF's name get's dragged through the mud right along with the offender. I wonder if the Hall will ever consider repealing an induction due to extreme off-field negative behaviors or arrests, etc.

I know what the answer from most of you will be, and it would be very difficult to 'establish' such a policy, as well as, reinforcing it, but really, again, look at the headline--it starts with "NFL Hall of Famer....blah, blah, blah". With all the attention on 'preserving the shield' from active players, I just wonder if the Hall has considered, or ever would consider, repealing a HOFer's status based on repeated acts of breaking the law, is all.

And yes, my opinion is biased on this particular 'blow hard', as I can't stand him or his continuous nonsensical, uninformed blathering. Then add in his penchant for physically beating/abusing women--especially considering his size--is just utterly disgusting.

OK, stepping down from my soapbox...
stillersenat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I got laid off from my job at the beginning of May. Just landed (security check pending) a job that is paying me above my top end salary expectations. It's about a 30% increase in pay essentially. Yes I'm going to be making big boy money. Very Happy
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
So I got laid off from my job at the beginning of May. Just landed (security check pending) a job that is paying me above my top end salary expectations. It's about a 30% increase in pay essentially. Yes I'm going to be making big boy money. Very Happy

Congrats. life is a marathon not a sprint. small setbacks like getting laid off really look unimportant as you get older.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:

As long as it doesnt interfere with your modding duties on here. Be sure to clarify this comes above all else. Cool

Congrats man!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
The Steeler's 'biggest fan' is at it again! This guy is just unbelievably stupid, or needs some serious psychological help. Dude get's arrested like every year!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-hall-famer-warren-sapp-charged-domestic-battery-234450915--nfl.html

I know the HOF is for 'on field' achievements, but every time a HOFer does something like this, the HOF's name get's dragged through the mud right along with the offender. I wonder if the Hall will ever consider repealing an induction due to extreme off-field negative behaviors or arrests, etc.

I know what the answer from most of you will be, and it would be very difficult to 'establish' such a policy, as well as, reinforcing it, but really, again, look at the headline--it starts with "NFL Hall of Famer....blah, blah, blah". With all the attention on 'preserving the shield' from active players, I just wonder if the Hall has considered, or ever would consider, repealing a HOFer's status based on repeated acts of breaking the law, is all.

And yes, my opinion is biased on this particular 'blow hard', as I can't stand him or his continuous nonsensical, uninformed blathering. Then add in his penchant for physically beating/abusing women--especially considering his size--is just utterly disgusting.

OK, stepping down from my soapbox...

Most Steeler fans hate him.

Hell, most non Bucs fans seem to hate him.

He is a POS whether you stand on a soapbox or not.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:

Outstanding, stillersnat! That's great news!

I, however, am on the opposite end of that, unfortunately. I've finally been referred to a Med Board, so there's a decent chance I'll be forced to retire earlier than I'd like--possibly as soon as early 2016. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to find a well-paying gig like you following my retirement!! Very Happy

But back to you, please keep us informed, and as 43M stated, hopefully your new job understands that your 1st priority is your mod duties here at FF!!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Gilbert looking like another Browns bust http://t.co/QOk2gpTjky via @ProFootballTalk Laughing Dancing

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Chieferific

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Justin Gilbert looking like another Browns bust http://t.co/QOk2gpTjky via @ProFootballTalk Laughing Dancing

This surprises me. I really thought he was going to be a good one. The secondary of Haden and Gilbert and Desir seemed formidable. Perhaps not to the same extent but I haven't heard rave reviews about the Bungle's Dennard either but I haven't been paying that much attention.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

This surprises me. I really thought he was going to be a good one. The secondary of Haden and Gilbert and Desir seemed formidable. Perhaps not to the same extent but I haven't heard rave reviews about the Bungle's Dennard either but I haven't been paying that much attention.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Not me, I didn't see him as a top 15 pick, I felt he was overdrafted. It thought Denard was a much better football player, more technically sound.

I thought they would take Odell Beckham, CJ Mosely or trade back for more picks and take a WR, ILB or DE later in the first.

Anyone see where Mingo of the browns had to have his knee scoped? The hits just keep on coming for the Brownies! Laughing

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Not me, I didn't see him as a top 15 pick, I felt he was overdrafted. I thought Denard was a much better football player, more technically sound.

I thought they would take Odell Beckham, CJ Mosely or trade back for more picks and take a WR, ILB or DE later in the first.

Anyone see where Mingo of the browns had to have his knee scoped? The hits just keep on coming for the Brownies! Laughing

Not me either, I personally had them ranked as such:

1) Kyle Fuller
2) Jason Verrett
3) Justin Gilbert
4) Lamarcus Joyner
5) Darqueze Dennard

I was much lower on Dennard than most others--thought he'd a be 'laundry magnet'. Fuller and Verrett have both shined when not injured, but as typically happens with rookies (Golson), they all battled some sort of injury to varying degrees last season--Fuller(knee), Verrett(shoulder), Gilbert(concussion), Joyner(groin), Dennard(hip).

Reason I bring this up is that this season is more likely to be the best gauge of talent--they're bodies have better adjusted to the NFL rigors.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T.J. Clemmings will be getting the start at RT with the Vikings' Loadholt out for the season with a torn Achilles. I know a few here really liked the guy (I know I did). Much to my chagrin, he fell to the 4th Rd. I saw him as a borderline 1st rdr. Apparently he had some foot injury that scared teams away. He really plummeted on draft day. We won't have to wait long to find out how he fairs.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: