Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breakout Players in 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Ill take SteelProven's list and add Jonathan Dwyer, Marcus Gilbert, David Paulson and Steve McLendon to it.

I think these young guys who've been waiting in the wings for a few years to be starters are going to pick up right where the old vets, injured players and departed players left off.

I really like this years team and I think they'll be better in the second year of Haley's offense.

Dwyer isn't breaking out unless there is a free buffet.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Ill take SteelProven's list and add Jonathan Dwyer, Marcus Gilbert, David Paulson and Steve McLendon to it.

I think these young guys who've been waiting in the wings for a few years to be starters are going to pick up right where the old vets, injured players and departed players left off.

I really like this years team and I think they'll be better in the second year of Haley's offense.

Dwyer isn't breaking out unless there is a free buffet.
we'll see. IMO the endzone is going to be his buffet! And he's going to be getting there often. Wink Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
stillersenat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going with Adams. He seemed to hit his groove at the end of last season and started to play with some attitude, IMO.

If he starts the season off the right way, the sky is the limit for him.

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwyer has never shown the drive or dedication to break out.

Gilbert simply is too limited in his footwork and mobility to get much better than he already is. Someone may say "he could improve his footwork", but I dont think his issues are correctable. He could be serviceable RT, but he will never be great or even that good IMO. I do think he would be a better OG though.

I would choose Worlids to break out before either of them, and everyone here knows my feelings on him. At least he has the athleticism and work ethic (reportedly) to take it to the next level.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

Gilbert simply is too limited in his footwork and mobility to get much better than he already is. Someone may say "he could improve his footwork", but I dont think his issues are correctable. He could be serviceable RT, but he will never be great or even that good IMO. I do think he would be a better OG though.

I would choose Worlids to break out before either of them, and everyone here knows my feelings on him. At least he has the athleticism and work ethic (reportedly) to take it to the next level.

Not trying to start a heated discussion, but I believewe've had this same discussion about Starks. When he got demoted to RT then demoted all together in favor of Colon. I believe Gilbert is Starks 2.0!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Not trying to start a heated discussion, but I believewe've had this same discussion about Starks. When he got demoted to RT then demoted all together in favor of Colon. I believe Gilbert is Starks 2.0!

DAMN YOU SP!!!! Laughing

The difference is, LT was always a more natural fit for Starks. He was an average at best RT and was better at LT.

However, that is not the case with Gilbert. I AM NOT SAYING HE CANNOT OR WILL NOT IMPROVE, BUT I DONT THINK HE IS SUITED TO PLAY EITHER OT SPOT FOR THE LONG RUN.

I hope I am dead wrong and that he has a great year at RT, but at this point, I dont have much faith left in Gilbert. I have just as much faith in Beechum becoming a solid RT.

Honestly, next year (2014), I think we will be looking for a new LT, with Adams sliding back to RT. Again, hope I am wrong, but Im not optimistic about Adams at LT.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Not trying to start a heated discussion, but I believe we've had this same discussion about Starks. When he got demoted to RT then demoted all together in favor of Colon. I believe Gilbert is Starks 2.0!
It's definitely a possibility. Let's hope so. Pray

I know Gilbert has talent, he just hadn't put it all together yet. I think in his 3rd year, he will. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SteelProven

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

DAMN YOU SP!!!! Laughing

The difference is, LT was always a more natural fit for Starks. He was an average at best RT and was better at LT.

However, that is not the case with Gilbert. I AM NOT SAYING HE CANNOT OR WILL NOT IMPROVE, BUT I DONT THINK HE IS SUITED TO PLAY EITHER OT SPOT FOR THE LONG RUN.

I hope I am dead wrong and that he has a great year at RT, but at this point, I dont have much faith left in Gilbert. I have just as much faith in Beechum becoming a solid RT.

Honestly, next year (2014), I think we will be looking for a new LT, with Adams sliding back to RT. Again, hope I am wrong, but Im not optimistic about Adams at LT.

I'm not saying he's going to be great but above average is fine for me. My expectations for a successful season from Gilbert as a LT. 6-9 sacks, less then 32 QB pressures and a plus yardage in the running game.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cortez Allen is the only one I can really think of other than Manny, honestly.

I'd be disappointed if Allen doesn't end this coming season having one hell of a season, really. The way he ended last year was something special and I hope we see that consistently throughout his tenure here.
ComebackKid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emmanuel Sanders, I'm expecting him to have a huge breakout season. He's been plagued with injuries for far too long. With a upcoming season if he can stay healthy I expect him to have 1,000 yard season.

I'm not sure who but I think one of our cornerbacks with breakout which the departure of Keenan Allen. Most likely Cortez Allen but still not completely sure.

ComebackKid wrote:

Watkins is going to go first but I gurantee Lee is selected 2nd.
ShooterMcGavin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mike Adams steps up in a big way this season.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Cortez Allen is going to have everyone saying Keenan Who? I think he'll lead the team in INT and throw in a few sacks and FF's as well.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

95lloyd wrote:
I think Cortez Allen is going to have everyone saying Keenan Who? I think he'll lead the team in INT and throw in a few sacks and FF's as well.
i agree. Lets hope Curtis Brown can beat out Randall Gay for th #3 cb spot also
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
95lloyd wrote:
i agree. Lets hope Curtis Brown can beat out Randall Gay for th #3 cb spot also

I don't like William or Randall! LOL!! But I hope CB can beat out William Gay!.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You Gay bashers need to learn some tolerance. Gay's have a right to play football too.

No puns intended. Cool

simonwayne wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: