Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breakout Players in 2013
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Breakout Players in 2013 Reply with quote

With training camp rapidly approaching who are some of the players you expect to have a breakout season? The Steelers every year have at least one player take that step.

2007 - James Harrison
2008 - LaMarr Woodley
2009 - Rashard Mendenhall
2010 - Mike Wallace/Lawrence Timmons
2011 - Antonio Brown
2012 - Keenan Lewis

I have my top 5 potential breakout players.

1. Cortez Allen
2. Evander Ziggy Hood
3. David DeCastro
4. Emmanual Sanders
5. Jason Worilds

HM Mike Adams

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Cortez Allen
2. Cam Heyward
3. Emmanuel Sanders
4. David DeCastro
5. Steve McLendon

I don't even think Worilds is going to start, in fact I think Jarvis Jones AND Le'Veon Bell will start. I also think there's a chance that Markus Wheaton could start as no worse than our #3 WR (which technically doesn't make him a starter but I'll count him as one if he's the #3 guy)

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
armsteeld

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.Steve McLendon
2.Jarvis Jones
3.Robert Golden
4.Marcus Wheaton
5.Will Johnson

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
1. Cortez Allen
2. Cam Heyward
3. Emmanuel Sanders
4. David DeCastro
5. Steve McLendon

I don't even think Worilds is going to start, in fact I think Jarvis Jones AND Le'Veon Bell will start. I also think there's a chance that Markus Wheaton could start as no worse than our #3 WR (which technically doesn't make him a starter but I'll count him as one if he's the #3 guy)

Unless Jarvis Jones sets camp a blaze and Worilds falters I don't see Jones starting. But anything can happen and i'm glad i don't have to worry to much longer.

Totally spaced about McLendon!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
1. Cortez Allen
2. Cam Heyward
3. Emmanuel Sanders
4. David DeCastro
5. Steve McLendon

Unless Jarvis Jones sets camp a blaze and Worilds falters I don't see Jones starting. But anything can happen and i'm glad i don't have to worry to much longer.

I see Jones and Worlids splitting reps early in the season, with Jones fully cementing himself as starter by the last 4-6 games.

1. Allen
2. DeCastro
3. Sanders
4. Adams
5. LaRod Stephens Howling

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
1. Cortez Allen
2. Cam Heyward
3. Emmanuel Sanders
4. David DeCastro
5. Steve McLendon

You might not be wrong and granted it's purely speculation but I just read an article on NFL.com i believe the other day that was speculating there is a serious chance Jarvis Jones opens the season as the starter. From what I read and again, purely speculation, he is progressing much faster than they expected him to.

If he doesn't start game 1, I agree with 43, he'll be the starter before the season ends.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
Steelers22

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Cortez Allen-stepped up in the nickel role last year and played very well. Big corner with better ball skills than any of our other corners. Expect him to step in for Keenan and play very well

2) David DeCastro-Big time prospect and is healthy this year. Expected him to be an upgrade to our line last year but unfortunately had a major injury and never looked right once he got back. I'm expecting him to be an above average guard this year

3) Jarvis Jones-I know the steelers don't usually start rookies but I suspect his superior talent over Worilds will be too hard to ignore by mid-season. Think he should be able to notch 8 sacks with room for more

4) Markus Wheaton-I'd imagine will surely step into the wr3 role from the get go. Fairly polished player that will be able to step in and contribute immediately. Not expecting many TD's but should be able to get himself a whole lot of yards

5) Cam Heyward-Has played quite well in limited action but just hasn't gotten the opportunity to become an every down player just yet. I'm hoping he beats out Hood during training camp and is really able to carve himself a significant role this year

To be honest, I am fairly high on all of these guys. We have a lot of unproven talent on the roster but I am quite optimistic on most of the players we have waiting in the wings. Considering we had a very good draft class as well, I think the steelers will be right in it this season

props to dawg24
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
1. Cortez Allen
2. Cam Heyward
3. Emmanuel Sanders
4. David DeCastro
5. Steve McLendon

You might not be wrong and granted it's purely speculation but I just read an article on NFL.com i believe the other day that was speculating there is a serious chance Jarvis Jones opens the season as the starter. From what I read and again, purely speculation, he is progressing much faster than they expected him to.

If he doesn't start game 1, I agree with 43, he'll be the starter before the season ends.

Those quotes from LeBeau are geniune as all LeBeaus comments are towards young players. He's probably the only coach to place praise on young players as the other coaches take a different approach.

These sports websites keeping using the comment from Butler where he says he has multiple players who are capable of playing ROLB. But the problem is that he wasn't talking about Jones. Butler was talking about Worilds, Carter and Robinson. The media keeps leaving the end part out on who he's actually talking about.

Jones has a good chance, but I just don't think he'll hold up well at the POA. While Worilds may not be the pass rusher Jones *can* be he's more then capable of holding up in the run game. Where that's one of Jarvis weaker areas even though he can be effective.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
1. Cortez Allen
2. Cam Heyward
3. Emmanuel Sanders
4. David DeCastro
5. Steve McLendon

I see Jones and Worlids splitting reps early in the season, with Jones fully cementing himself as starter by the last 4-6 games.

1. Allen
2. DeCastro
3. Sanders
4. Adams
5. LaRod Stephens Howling

That seems reasonable 4-6 games especially if Jones shows to be a better playmaker.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't guess you can really call it a breakout year if it's a Rookie but Bell NEEDS to have one. Obviously this will require some break out performances on the OL. I hope to see Pouncey becoming revitalized now that he has someone to block for. I don't see a breakout performance in Adams but I do expect him to be greatly improved. While his ceiling may have been lowered, I expect DD to be even better now having a year off from injury. Foster will hang around the Mendoza line with some good/some bad. I have zero faith in Gilbert. He is the weak link. A breakout performance by him will be measured by how many teammates he knocks out for the season. We need this group to step up because if the running game looks anything like it did last year, we're in trouble. As far as Cortez, he looks the part to me. I feel as if he's already had a breakout performance when he manned the nickle and #2 last year. I expect more of the same. Lastly I put Woodley. He's coming back in better shape and Jarvis will provide the spark needed to light a fire under his arse. My list (I'd put Bell #1 if not for semantics)....

1) Pouncey
2) Woodley
3) Allen

CKSteeler wrote:
And no, truth is not a 'fact.' Which is why they are two different words.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
1.Steve McLendon
2.Jarvis Jones
3.Robert Golden
4.Marcus Wheaton
5.Will Johnson

He's a guy who I think will get a little more involved in the passing game. I liked what I saw from him last year and I think he will continue to improve.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
kethnaab

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Breakout Players in 2013 Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
With training camp rapidly approaching who are some of the players you expect to have a breakout season? The Steelers every year have at least one player take that step.

2007 - James Harrison
2008 - LaMarr Woodley
2011 - Antonio Brown
2012 - Keenan Lewis

1. Cortez Allen
2. Evander Ziggy Hood
3. David DeCastro
4. Emmanual Sanders
5. Jason Worilds

HM Mike Adams

Guys I 'expect' to have breakouts:

1. Cortez Allen
2. David DeCastro
3. Mike Adams

Guys who I think will have a decent shot at breaking out:

1. Emmanuel Sanders
2. Cam Heyward
3. Ramon Foster
4. Will Johnson

Guys who I hope will break out but I'm not holding my breath:

1. Robert Golden
2. David Johnson
3. Marcus Gilbert
4. Curtis Brown
5. Steve McLendon (through no fault of his own)
6. Alameda Ta'amu
7. Hebron Fangupo

Guys who have been given ample opportunity to break out but haven't shown they can (or will)

1. Jason Worilds
2. Ziggy Hood (through no fault of his own)
3. Jonathan Dwyer

Rookies who i think will have solid/good/great rookie seasons in some capacity:

1. LeVeon Bell
2. Markus Wheaton
3. Shamarko Thomas
3rivers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Breakout Players in 2013 Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:

2007 - James Harrison
2008 - LaMarr Woodley
2011 - Antonio Brown
2012 - Keenan Lewis

1. Cortez Allen
2. Evander Ziggy Hood
3. David DeCastro
4. Emmanual Sanders
5. Jason Worilds

HM Mike Adams

If Gilbert is on the left side, then he won't get thrown onto Adams or DD causing injury. If Adams and DD get to start and stay healthy, they will break out as they say. Hood is in the wrong scheme sanders can't stay healthy and worilds most likely will be a backup but could get playing time in that role. Allen will probably break out as well, he sorta did last year .
SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Breakout Players in 2013 Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

2007 - James Harrison
2008 - LaMarr Woodley
2011 - Antonio Brown
2012 - Keenan Lewis

1. Cortez Allen
2. Evander Ziggy Hood
3. David DeCastro
4. Emmanual Sanders
5. Jason Worilds

HM Mike Adams

If Gilbert is on the left side, then he won't get thrown onto Adams or DD causing injury. If Adams and DD get to start and stay healthy, they will break out as they say. Hood is in the wrong scheme sanders can't stay healthy and worilds most likely will be a backup but could get playing time in that role. Allen will probably break out as well, he sorta did last year .

I believe Ziggy Hood is fine it's just taken awhile to undo everything he's ever learned about being a DT. It's his fourth year and I expect a different player then what I've seen last season.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill take SteelProven's list and add Jonathan Dwyer, Marcus Gilbert, David Paulson and Steve McLendon to it.

I think these young guys who've been waiting in the wings for a few years to be starters are going to pick up right where the old vets, injured players and departed players left off.

I really like this years team and I think they'll be better in the second year of Haley's offense.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: