Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ahmad Brooks Could be Charged with Felony Assault
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 26228
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Ahmad Brooks Could be Charged with Felony Assault Reply with quote

Quote:
49erswebzone ‏@49erswebzone 11m
Ahmad Brooks charged with assault against Lamar Divens #49ers [Press Democrat] http://bit.ly/12FL2g0


Welp, Brooks is an idiot for doing this and deserves any kind of suspension that comes his way.
_________________


Last edited by J-ALL-DAY on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 46596
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he turned a corner and overcame his character issues. Guess not.
_________________

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21226
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this an on-field incident?
_________________

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8726
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow against a backup backup dt?
I wonder how this happened?
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 26228
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Wow against a backup backup dt?
I wonder how this happened?


Long story short, Divens thought Brooks was too drunk to drive and refused to give him his keys and this led him to getting a beat down. Divens was being a great teammate and friend and he gets repaid like this? Smh...................
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alpha


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 151
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch
_________________

1st and Gore
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 22723
Location: Ron Paul 2012 #JDI
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
Wow against a backup backup dt?
I wonder how this happened?


Long story short, Divens thought Brooks was too drunk to drive and refused to give him his keys and this led him to getting a beat down. Divens was being a great teammate and friend and he gets repaid like this? Smh...................
wow. If that is true then he DEFINITELY deserves to be suspended for a while
_________________


R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
struby3


Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 3806
Location: Iowa City
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
Wow against a backup backup dt?
I wonder how this happened?


Long story short, Divens thought Brooks was too drunk to drive and refused to give him his keys and this led him to getting a beat down. Divens was being a great teammate and friend and he gets repaid like this? Smh...................


Not true. The report says that Divens had already driven Brooks home. Brooks asked Divens for his keys and Divens pretended to throw them in the bushes before giving them back. That is when Brooks assaulted him. Divens contacted the police and then three days later asked for the charges to be dropped.

Brooks is an idiot for two reasons: 1) He hit him with a bottle and 2) He threatened to get a gun. Other than that, friends get in fights when they are drunk. It happens to everyone. If Brooks didn't use a weapon and threaten to use even more severe violence, then I doubt Divens would have even contacted police.
_________________
And on the eighth day, God created Iowa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 20049
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Wow against a backup backup dt?
I wonder how this happened?


Divens was bragging about how he used to be on the Ravens and Brooks wasn't takin no crap.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 26228
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

struby3 wrote:
Not true. The report says that Divens had already driven Brooks home. Brooks asked Divens for his keys and Divens pretended to throw them in the bushes before giving them back. That is when Brooks assaulted him. Divens contacted the police and then three days later asked for the charges to be dropped.

Brooks is an idiot for two reasons: 1) He hit him with a bottle and 2) He threatened to get a gun. Other than that, friends get in fights when they are drunk. It happens to everyone. If Brooks didn't use a weapon and threaten to use even more severe violence, then I doubt Divens would have even contacted police.


Wait what? Where did you hear this from?

Quote:
Nose tackle Lamar Divens required three stitches after Brooks hit Divens three times in the head and punched Divens in the face after an argument over car keys. Divens thought Brooks was too drunk to drive, and Brooks violently disagreed.


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/03/santa-clara-prosecutor-weighs-possible-charges-against-ahmad-brooks/
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
struby3


Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 3806
Location: Iowa City
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
struby3 wrote:
Not true. The report says that Divens had already driven Brooks home. Brooks asked Divens for his keys and Divens pretended to throw them in the bushes before giving them back. That is when Brooks assaulted him. Divens contacted the police and then three days later asked for the charges to be dropped.

Brooks is an idiot for two reasons: 1) He hit him with a bottle and 2) He threatened to get a gun. Other than that, friends get in fights when they are drunk. It happens to everyone. If Brooks didn't use a weapon and threaten to use even more severe violence, then I doubt Divens would have even contacted police.


Wait what? Where did you hear this from?

Quote:
Nose tackle Lamar Divens required three stitches after Brooks hit Divens three times in the head and punched Divens in the face after an argument over car keys. Divens thought Brooks was too drunk to drive, and Brooks violently disagreed.


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/03/santa-clara-prosecutor-weighs-possible-charges-against-ahmad-brooks/


Hmm...conflicting reports. Now I don't know what to believe. I was reading this:

Quote:
The unidentified witness said Brooks was too intoxicated to drive home, so Divens drove. When they got to Brooks' house about 2 a.m. on June 8, Brooks asked for his keys. Divens pretended to chuck them onto the grass and then started to hand them to him.

Brooks then allegedly clocked Divens in the head with a beer bottle. Brooks allegedly began cursing and then struck him in the head again. Brooks allegedly asked Divens, "Do I need to get my (expletive deleted) gun?" and struck him again. Prosecutors also allege in the warrant that Brooks punched Divens.


http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_23588549/49ers-linebacker-ahmad-brooks-assault-charge-weighed

The San Jose Mercury News was the first to report on the story, so I'm assuming that PFT messed up
_________________
And on the eighth day, God created Iowa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 26228
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, who knows which story is true but he could still get suspended either way.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers_52


Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Posts: 2219
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/report-da-weighs-possible-assault-charge-against-49ers-brooks

Divens was not in attendance on June 11 for the first day of the 49ers' mandatory minicamp. He was on the field on June 12, but did not practice. The next day, he told a sergeant in the assaults unit that he wanted to "drop it" and he "didn't want to move forward with anything." Divens indicated it would be bad for both of their football careers. He said he and Brooks had resolved it, according to the report.


This might help things: "The two men, who had become good friends over the past month, were joking throughout the evening."

----------
Brooks should just pay him some money (has plenty of it) and be done with it but problem with that is Divens could come back for more when he's broke or if he doesn't make the team. If he does press charges would be a big mess for both since they could miss practice time and Divens is already a long shot. Also, locker room could be divided about the situation... some on Divens side, others on Brooks' side. Brooks probably didn't realize what he had done the next day and I'm sure he regrets it. For you law people would divens playing the joke on him come into play if it went to court or would they say no excuse doesn't matter?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers_52


Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Posts: 2219
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I would believe Maiocco before PFT. PFT is probably good for getting stories messed up to add more drama.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/report-da-weighs-possible-assault-charge-against-49ers-brooks

"Brooks, 29, and Divens, 27, were at a teammates's house drinking on the evening of June 8 and playing pool when they decided to go to a downtown San Jose bar, according to the police report. Divens drove Brooks back to his house.

The two men, who had become good friends over the past month, were joking throughout the evening. When they arrived back at Brooks' house, he asked for the keys to his truck. Divens pretended to throw the keys in the grass before handing them to him."

Also, J-All-Day I don't see in any of the stories where Brooks has actually been charged with felony assault. Webzone headline is wrong.

"The San Jose Mercury News just reported the Santa Clara County District Attorney could charge Ahmad Brooks with felony assault, although the charge could be reduced to a misdemeanor or dropped entirely."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 8319
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever happened here I think Brooks will get at the very least a warning and a suspension if he gets charged.
_________________
A hundred bucks for a comic book? Who drew it, Michaelmelangelo?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group