Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ahmad Brooks Charged with Felony Assault
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Ahmad Brooks Charged with Felony Assault Reply with quote

Quote:
49erswebzone ‏@49erswebzone 11m
Ahmad Brooks charged with assault against Lamar Divens #49ers [Press Democrat] http://bit.ly/12FL2g0

Doesn't sound good and Brooks is an idiot for doing this. Possible suspension?

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park, wondering if I should throw my levis into the fire
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
According to the Mercury News’ report, Brooks and Lamar Divens and a few other unspecified 49ers were out drinking in San Jose the night of June 7. Divens drove Brooks home around 2 a.m., and when he dropped Brooks off, Divens allegedly pretended to throw Brooks’ keys into the bushes before handing them to the linebacker. Then, Brooks allegedly hit Divens in the head with a bottle, punched him a few times and said, “Do I need to get my [expletive] gun?”

The Mercury News reports Divens phoned the police a few days after the incident and said he wanted to drop it.

None of this makes any sense. Realistically he wouldn't have a bottle if he was coming from a bar, plus this makes it sound like brooks hit him after he got his keys back .. he must have been oldman hammered hahah

Who would wait a few days before reporting something like this?? Like seriously if someone hits me in the head with a bottle while I'm in the drivers seat of a car I'm going to call the cops right away or not at all. Seems to me like this person wants some money

I wonder if he actually has a gun. I hope its registered if he does.

I don't buy this for a second, I don't think he will be suspended
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't buy this for a second? Why would Divens lie about this?

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park, wondering if I should throw my levis into the fire
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For money and fame. Now we are all talking about him and often times people will "settle out of court" to avoid the headache. So there is incentive for people to lie about stuff like this when it comes to professional athletes and celebrities.

Like I said, you don't wait a few days to report something like this. If he sustained any injuries they wouldn't look as bad a few days later plus if he did hit him on the head with a bottle you would think that he would want the police to collect the broken glass as evidence.

I wonder who else was there.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
For money and fame. Now we are all talking about him and often times people will "settle out of court" to avoid the headache. So there is incentive for people to lie about stuff like this when it comes to professional athletes and celebrities.

Like I said, you don't wait a few days to report something like this. If he sustained any injuries they wouldn't look as bad a few days later plus if he did hit him on the head with a bottle you would think that he would want the police to collect the broken glass as evidence.

I wonder who else was there.

What you quoted in the earlier post said he called them 3 days later to drop the charges, not to press charges.

According to the mercury news two other unidentified team members were present.

Your whole theory seems like a big reach and doesn't really have anything to support it. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the real one.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6

Last edited by 49ersfan on Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, a guy who is fighting to make the roster would not do this for the "money and fame." You just don't risk everything and in the article it even states he changed his mind as it would only be a distraction for both their careers.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhh I didn't know divens was on our team lol well dammit brooks! At least he didn't drive

I'll always defend our guys lol
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
Ohhhh I didn't know divens was on our team lol well dammit brooks! At least he didn't drive

Yeah, unfortunate situation involving both players on this team, but struby posted another version of the story.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:

Yeah, unfortunate situation involving both players on this team, but struby posted another version of the story.

Yeah, we have no idea what the true version of the story is, but this is what the San Jose Mercury is reporting:

Quote:
The unidentified witness said Brooks was too intoxicated to drive home, so Divens drove. When they got to Brooks' house about 2 a.m. on June 8, Brooks asked for his keys. Divens pretended to chuck them onto the grass and then started to hand them to him.

Brooks then allegedly clocked Divens in the head with a beer bottle. Brooks allegedly began cursing and then struck him in the head again. Brooks allegedly asked Divens, "Do I need to get my (expletive deleted) gun?" and struck him again. Prosecutors also allege in the warrant that Brooks punched Divens.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_23588549/49ers-linebacker-ahmad-brooks-assault-charge-weighed

The conflicting report is from PFT, which stated that Brooks assaulted Divens because Divens wouldn't let him drive home drunk. Doesn't make much of a difference either way, but at least Brooks wasn't driving intoxicated too, which would have made the story a bit worse.

Idiot move by Brooks, but I doubt he is suspended.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But will Brooks past not come up in the decision to suspend him or not?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two people got drunk and one got a bit crazy end of story. Its not like either was using PEDS to cheat and make a name for themselves. JUST SAYIN
peanut326

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clark87 wrote:
Two people got drunk and one got a bit crazy end of story. Its not like either was using PEDS to cheat and make a name for themselves. JUST SAYIN
Seahawks cheated to play a GAME. Another assaulted a human being in REAL life. There is a big difference there, and this is coming from a niners fan.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clark87 wrote:

I have to agree here it was the guys hanging out and one got trashed and got stupid it happens all the time.A suspension may be warranted due to Brooks past though maybe the team fines him and call it a day but with whats going on in the NFL right now no way Goodell says boys will be boys here. Brooks has been doing great here in SF i hope this pass with limited damage and i really hope he grows from it. And stop bashing teamates with random weapons jackass.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who doesn't bash or get bashed in the head with a bottle every now and then?

non-story for the offseason...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clark87 wrote:

No, one person got drunk and did something so idiotic, I can't even comprehend it. A teammate who barely knows you tries to save your drunken [inappropriate/removed] from a apparent DUI and that's what you decide to do? I love Brooks as a player but I'd release him over something truly that stupid. Obviously that was just lip service he gave the press about being a changed guy and turning his life around after he signed his extension. Complete [inappropriate/removed] on his part. He made dumb decisions in college and apparently he hasn't learn from them. His track record won't let me give him the benefit of the doubt. You can't be that stupid. Don't blame it on the alcohol either. You can't handle your liquor, don't drink.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: