Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What will it take? - Sio Moore
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ro4DPoY


Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Posts: 553
Location: VA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: What will it take? - Sio Moore Reply with quote

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/4/26/4273380/sio-moore-is-pissed-off-says-hes-best-linebacker-in-the-draft
Quote:
"Everything I do, I do with juice. I was glad [the Raiders] picked me up because I know that was the right fit. They know me and they didn't need to do the interview process and all those things. Like I said from the beginning of this whole draft process, there's going to be one team that's going to fall in love and make the right pick and there's going to be 31 other teams that are going to be pissed off. The Oakland Raiders got the best linebacker in the draft, I don't care who went before."


Sio Moore stated he was the best LB in the draft, my question for the forum is what will it take during his first season as a rookie to back up such a claim?

Last year Luke Kuechly had a total of 164 tackles, a sack, three fumble recoveries, two interceptions, 8 pass deflects and 11 stuffs according to ESPN.com. Will he be able to replicate this kind of production or will playing OLB instead of ILB mean that his recommendation for such an award rely more upon sack production? If so what kind of statistics will he have to accumulate in order to be considered a possible Defensive Rookie of the Year? Or at least best LB in the draft?

If you care to take the time who will be his main competition when being considered? Like Heyward-Bey being compared to Crabtree who is Sio Moore's Crabtree?
_________________
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Cody Hoffman is the best wr in this draft. Write it down take a pic idgaf


Been wanting to do this for a while now. Let's see what happens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14318
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as i'm concerned Arthur Brown is his main competition. They won't be playing the same role though. Moore should be providing somekind of pressure as part of his role in the defense. If he's effective in that role, maybe he can be the DROY.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ro4DPoY


Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Posts: 553
Location: VA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2011 DROY Von Miller

Link reflects on both Von Miller and Aldon Smith's rookie seasons and what it took for them to be considered.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1441735-aldon-smith-vs-von-miller-who-is-the-nfls-most-devastating-pass-rusher

Quote:

Von Miller, Denver Broncos

On the first play of his first game in his NFL career, Von Miller laid a hit and caused a fumble.

Enough said.

From then on, the No. 2 overall draft pick took over pro football in 2011 and never looked back. In his initial season, Miller finished with 11.5 sacks, two forced fumbles, 64 tackles and four defended passes.

He was then named the 2011 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year.

_________________
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Cody Hoffman is the best wr in this draft. Write it down take a pic idgaf


Been wanting to do this for a while now. Let's see what happens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackPrestige92


Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 6202
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk what would validate him being a great OLB..........the Raiders haven't had one in ages. Idc about the stats, I just want him to make timely impact plays.
_________________


If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 33652
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love me some Sio. Seems like a great player to have around. Love the chip on his shoulder. Sounds like a Raider.

On another note, I have noticed a few players this year mentioning being glad to be picked by us. This is new.
_________________

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12196
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
On another note, I have noticed a few players this year mentioning being glad to be picked by us. This is new.


Agreed. I think we can finally get back to that point where players are actually excited for the direction this organization is going and we can hopefully use that to our advantage in the upcoming off-seasons but more so, hopefully is shows on the field. I'm excited for what we'll have in a few years. I want to say this year but my stupid realistic outlook on everything makes that impossible Sad
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5370
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He certainly is playing the right position if he wants to win DROY honors- 11 LBs have won since 2000. The previous winners have been all over the place in terms of stats: Suggs, Miller, and Merrimen won with double-digit sack totals, Kuechly, Willis and Ryans racked up a ton of tackles, and Vilma, Cushing didn't go quite as crazy in any one category, but had well-rounded seasons with good tackle, sack, INT combinations. I don't see Sio Moore making 100+ tackles, nor do I see him finishing with double-digit sacks. However, I can see him posting good enough numbers in each category that, when looked at all together, form a really good, well-rounded rookie year. He may not have Von Miller's elite sack totals, of 137 tackles like Willis, but if he can get into the 80's in tackles and 7 or so sacks, I could see him making a good push for the award. Of course, it all comes down to his fellow rookie competition and how well they do.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5370
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What will it take? - Sio Moore Reply with quote

Ro4DPoY wrote:
If you care to take the time who will be his main competition when being considered? Like Heyward-Bey being compared to Crabtree who is Sio Moore's Crabtree?


I dont think he will have a "Crabtree". The whole reason there was a DHB vs. Crabtree legacy was because Crabtree was the consensus #1 WR that year, and we reached and took DHB instead. Thats why the two were often compared. Sio wasn't considered a top LB, therefore he wasnt drafted as one and doesnt really have anybody to be his Crabtree.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ro4DPoY


Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Posts: 553
Location: VA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: What will it take? - Sio Moore Reply with quote

I'm just going to put it out that for at least the first four weeks i'll be comparing him to Jarvis Jones. I just want to see how he compares statistically to other LB's from this draft.
_________________
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Cody Hoffman is the best wr in this draft. Write it down take a pic idgaf


Been wanting to do this for a while now. Let's see what happens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitty


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 3661
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: What will it take? - Sio Moore Reply with quote

Ro4DPoY wrote:
I'm just going to put it out that for at least the first four weeks i'll be comparing him to Jarvis Jones. I just want to see how he compares statistically to other LB's from this draft.


I'm on he record saying the Jones won't be a about average NFL player he's two small to play DE and to slow to play OLB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 33652
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: What will it take? - Sio Moore Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
I'm just going to put it out that for at least the first four weeks i'll be comparing him to Jarvis Jones. I just want to see how he compares statistically to other LB's from this draft.


I'm on he record saying the Jones won't be a about average NFL player he's two small to play DE and to slow to play OLB.


I think he can play 3-4 OLB. That's the best place for him to land, the place where they manufacture OLBs.
_________________

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitty


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 3661
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: What will it take? - Sio Moore Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
bitty wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
I'm just going to put it out that for at least the first four weeks i'll be comparing him to Jarvis Jones. I just want to see how he compares statistically to other LB's from this draft.


I'm on he record saying the Jones won't be a about average NFL player he's two small to play DE and to slow to play OLB.


I think he can play 3-4 OLB. That's the best place for him to land, the place where they manufacture OLBs.


May be but the OLB's from Pitt average 260, they have to stand up against the run.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 33652
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: What will it take? - Sio Moore Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
bitty wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
I'm just going to put it out that for at least the first four weeks i'll be comparing him to Jarvis Jones. I just want to see how he compares statistically to other LB's from this draft.


I'm on he record saying the Jones won't be a about average NFL player he's two small to play DE and to slow to play OLB.


I think he can play 3-4 OLB. That's the best place for him to land, the place where they manufacture OLBs.


May be but the OLB's from Pitt average 260, they have to stand up against the run.


He did that fine in college. He will need to add some weight, but I think he'll be fine. Even if that means losing some of the little speed he has. The scheme will use his instincts and other abilities to make him successful.
_________________

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Rob


Joined: 24 Sep 2011
Posts: 2049
Location: Long Beach, Ca
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont give a damn about awards or stats, just make an impact day in day out and play hard...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14318
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: What will it take? - Sio Moore Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
bitty wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
bitty wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
I'm just going to put it out that for at least the first four weeks i'll be comparing him to Jarvis Jones. I just want to see how he compares statistically to other LB's from this draft.


I'm on he record saying the Jones won't be a about average NFL player he's two small to play DE and to slow to play OLB.


I think he can play 3-4 OLB. That's the best place for him to land, the place where they manufacture OLBs.


May be but the OLB's from Pitt average 260, they have to stand up against the run.


He did that fine in college. He will need to add some weight, but I think he'll be fine. Even if that means losing some of the little speed he has. The scheme will use his instincts and other abilities to make him successful.


I thought you were doubting him before the draft. Going to Pittsburgh is the only reason i can expect him to succeed. Very overrated player imo.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group