You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rodgers wants GB to retire Favre's #
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Retire it?
Yes
65%
 65%  [ 40 ]
No
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
In 20 Years
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
NEVER
16%
 16%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 61

GoPackGo

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Rodgers wants GB to retire Favre's # Reply with quote

espn wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9304432/aaron-rodgers-wants-green-bay-packers-retire-no-4-brett-favre

Aaron Rodgers wrote:
It's been too long. You know, our country and the state of Wisconsin, these people are a people of second and third and fourth chances. I think it's time to let the healing process begin for those who are still upset for what went down.

As always, Rodgers is a 10/10 human being.

We should tell him we'll retire it opening game at home, then change our mind. Then tell him mid-season to get in a groove, then change our mind. Then tell him maybe the winter months would be better, since it's Wisconsin and his retirement would look cool in the snow, then change our mind.

What say you gents??

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think he should wait until this regime is over. The way he disrespected TT and Mac, I'd make him wait.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
I personally think he should wait until this regime is over. The way he disrespected TT and Mac, I'd make him wait.
All party's could have handled it much better. Favre was not the only one at fault. The sooner he gets his # retired and everything, the better off everyone will be.

El ramster on the custom sig!
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give it 3 more years.

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
pollino14

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
All party's could have handled it much better. Favre was not the only one at fault. The sooner he gets his # retired and everything, the better off everyone will be.

Just curious if you were the GB front office what would you have done differently?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

Just curious if you were the GB front office what would you have done differently?

Nothing. They handled it perfectly.

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

Obviously, you worship Favre, hand him the starting gig and tell Rodgers to get bent and run him out of town. DUH!!!
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

Obviously, you worship Favre, hand him the starting gig and tell Rodgers to get bent and run him out of town. DUH!!!
Yea because that's what I said. I LOVED Rodgers. Anybody that was worried about Favre retiring, I told them we have Rodgers and he's going to be a star. But of course anybody who even tries to say Favre isn't the devil gets smashed and talked down to. We've been through this way to many times so not even wasting my time trying to convince people that Favre wasn't the only one at fault because it won't matter what I say.

El ramster on the custom sig!
pollino14

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

Laughing Laughing I'm sure Aaron would have lovvveeddd that.

I change my mind. We should retire his number after we retire Aaron's.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not one of the guys who was angry when he went to Minnesota. You can't tell a guy "we don't want you," then dictate where YOU think he should go after. So he played for Minny, did all that, whatever. He threw an INT in the NFC title game, many LOLs were had, and I moved on.

My only sour grapes with him are the remarks he made to Urlacher "go up there and beat Green Bay" and his helping other teams (Detroit I believe) to beat GB. Not to mention his desire to "stick it" to Green Bay, completely ignoring all the friends/teammates who were part of the organization. No one on this staff said Favre couldn't play football or QB at a high level, they just thought they had a younger guy who could play just as well, so that's the business decision that was made.

Favre is the only one who is not acting like a grown up here.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes with no comments or explanation needed.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retire his number the last home game before he becomes eligible for the NFL HOF. Hopefully, by that time he'll have shown some humility and repentance. If he does such earlier, then the schedule can be moved up.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

GRINDIN' wrote:
No more late night Boggle with Paul Giamatti.
jagman777

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad Rahdjahs doesn't have the same mindset as bitter fans. I think it's about time to let it go. Laughing
Pugger

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Rodgers wants GB to retire Favre's # Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
espn wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9304432/aaron-rodgers-wants-green-bay-packers-retire-no-4-brett-favre

Aaron Rodgers wrote:
It's been too long. You know, our country and the state of Wisconsin, these people are a people of second and third and fourth chances. I think it's time to let the healing process begin for those who are still upset for what went down.

As always, Rodgers is a 10/10 human being.

We should tell him we'll retire it opening game at home, then change our mind. Then tell him mid-season to get in a groove, then change our mind. Then tell him maybe the winter months would be better, since it's Wisconsin and his retirement would look cool in the snow, then change our mind.

What say you gents??

This lady says 'yes'. Wink I'm no Favre fan by any stretch but you can't discount all he did when he played for us.
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
How could the Packers have handled it better?

And out me in the "retire his number after we retire Rodgers'" crowd.

People say us fans need to get over it, yet Brett can't. The guy is such a giant B. Remember last year when Holgrem was inducted into the Packer Hall of Fame, and Bob Harlan invited Brett to present Holmgren at the ceremony? And remember when crybaby Burt declined? Dude is such a (word that rhymes with hunt). Period.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: