Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Cap and cuts 2013 and 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Finchy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Finchy wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Finchy wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Finchy wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Emmanuel Sanders
James Jones
Eric Decker (a guy I'd rather have- The explosiveness isn't there, but he'd give us some size and a much better possession type)
Jeremy Maclin
Hakeem Nicks
Golden Tate
Anquan Boldin

I'll pretty much take whoever is cheapest.

Decker is pretty mediocre, don't Broncos fans hate him? None of those guys are fit to lace Tate's boots (or cleats or whatever Americans call them), except for Nicks who will cost a lot more than 6-7.
Homerism at its finest.

Obviously I'm going to have an over-inflated view on my own team players, and I was probably using hyperbole to make my point, but none of those guys offer what Tate does to this team.

While Boldin, Maclin etc maybe good receivers, they are either on the downside of their career, or just fairly average receivers with no spark to them.

None of them will be that much cheaper than Tate, and don't have the same chemistry with Russ as Tate.
Maclin is 25 Laughing He's a better deep threat than Tate.

What Tate offers is unique from Harvin in only one way, he's a better jump ball receiver. I really like Tate, but his skillset is not something we can afford to overpay for or potentially even match market value for with Percy on the team.

Maclin is coming off an ACL, and will likely sign a 'prove-it' deal with a pass-first team to get a big pay day in 2015. I meant Boldin and Jones in terms of downside of career, should have made that clearer.

How much would you be willing to pay each of those receivers?
That's a tough question because WR deals aren't generally the same every year. On top of that, usually there's a back-loaded year you never pay.

I'd give Tate 5 years, structured something like thsi
2M 1M Bonus
2.5M 1M Bonus
3M 1M Bonus
3.5M 1M Bonus
4.5M 1M Bonus

Realistically, that's a 4 year, 15M (4M guaranteed) plus 1M cap hit in year 5

I'd give Maclin about that (probably 2M less total) and same for Sanders, I'd give Decker that deal above, maybe a little more. I don't love Decker, but he's a better compliment to Percy and Baldwin.

I'd give Nicks 6 a year but he'll sign for more than that.

Obviously I'd be delighted if Tate signed for that little, but I just don't think he will.

I don't think Sanders is a good a player as Tate, so would be disappointed if we signed him. Maclin and Decker would be solid, but don't think they would be a massive upgrade over what I think Kearse can bring to the table, especially Decker, even though Kearse is not nearly as good right now. Nicks would be a steal at 6, but as you pointed out he will get a lot more than that.

I would rather pay a little bit more for a guy who may be a little rough around the edges, but adds a lot more to a team with a QB who has a tendency to make throws on the fly outside the pocket. 4 year 22m seems a solid deal for that.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Finchy wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Emmanuel Sanders
James Jones
Eric Decker (a guy I'd rather have- The explosiveness isn't there, but he'd give us some size and a much better possession type)
Jeremy Maclin
Hakeem Nicks
Golden Tate
Anquan Boldin

Decker is pretty mediocre, don't Broncos fans hate him? None of those guys are fit to lace Tate's boots (or cleats or whatever Americans call them), except for Nicks who will cost a lot more than 6-7.
Homerism at its finest.

That's his guy, can't be mad at him for that. I still secretly think Baldwin is our best Wideout, just no ready to advertise it yet. Just like you think Earl Thomas has GOAT potential....just not ready to throw it around Wink
I wouldn't say that about Earl.

Baldwin is our best WR. He's just our 2nd to 3rd best football player who happens to play the WR position.

One day, you'll be ready. Laughing

As far as the bold, i don't claim the former because of how people interpret the latter.
Potential is a dangerous word Laughing Earl has the desire, instincts, and athletic ability to do a whole lot in the NFL

You've always taken the safe approach. Except with Irvin, you were all in on that and I have to applaud you for it.
I was the first person to ever call Earl better than Sherman. By far. I don't dish out unjust praise just because a guy is a Seahawk

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finchy wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Finchy wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Finchy wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Finchy wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Emmanuel Sanders
James Jones
Jeremy Maclin
Hakeem Nicks
Golden Tate
Anquan Boldin

Homerism at its finest.

Obviously I'm going to have an over-inflated view on my own team players, and I was probably using hyperbole to make my point, but none of those guys offer what Tate does to this team.

While Boldin, Maclin etc maybe good receivers, they are either on the downside of their career, or just fairly average receivers with no spark to them.

None of them will be that much cheaper than Tate, and don't have the same chemistry with Russ as Tate.
Maclin is 25 Laughing He's a better deep threat than Tate.

What Tate offers is unique from Harvin in only one way, he's a better jump ball receiver. I really like Tate, but his skillset is not something we can afford to overpay for or potentially even match market value for with Percy on the team.

Maclin is coming off an ACL, and will likely sign a 'prove-it' deal with a pass-first team to get a big pay day in 2015. I meant Boldin and Jones in terms of downside of career, should have made that clearer.

How much would you be willing to pay each of those receivers?
That's a tough question because WR deals aren't generally the same every year. On top of that, usually there's a back-loaded year you never pay.

I'd give Tate 5 years, structured something like thsi
2M 1M Bonus
2.5M 1M Bonus
3M 1M Bonus
3.5M 1M Bonus
4.5M 1M Bonus

Realistically, that's a 4 year, 15M (4M guaranteed) plus 1M cap hit in year 5

I'd give Maclin about that (probably 2M less total) and same for Sanders, I'd give Decker that deal above, maybe a little more. I don't love Decker, but he's a better compliment to Percy and Baldwin.

I'd give Nicks 6 a year but he'll sign for more than that.

Obviously I'd be delighted if Tate signed for that little, but I just don't think he will.

I don't think Sanders is a good a player as Tate, so would be disappointed if we signed him. Maclin and Decker would be solid, but don't think they would be a massive upgrade over what I think Kearse can bring to the table, especially Decker, even though Kearse is not nearly as good right now. Nicks would be a steal at 6, but as you pointed out he will get a lot more than that.

I would rather pay a little bit more for a guy who may be a little rough around the edges, but adds a lot more to a team with a QB who has a tendency to make throws on the fly outside the pocket. 4 year 22m seems a solid deal for that.
Sanders isn't all that different from Tate. He's not quite as good, but he's a better pure deep threat and can return too.

Kearse has gone from our most underrated player to one of our most overrated imo. I like Kearse and his potential, but I am not comfortable at all with him being our biggest WR.

Decker is an underrated redzone WR and offers a possession aspect we just don't have.

ram29jackson wrote:
imani

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Finchy wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Emmanuel Sanders
James Jones
Jeremy Maclin
Hakeem Nicks
Golden Tate
Anquan Boldin

Homerism at its finest.

That's his guy, can't be mad at him for that. I still secretly think Baldwin is our best Wideout, just no ready to advertise it yet. Just like you think Earl Thomas has GOAT potential....just not ready to throw it around Wink
I wouldn't say that about Earl.

Baldwin is our best WR. He's just our 2nd to 3rd best football player who happens to play the WR position.

One day, you'll be ready. Laughing

As far as the bold, i don't claim the former because of how people interpret the latter.
Potential is a dangerous word Laughing Earl has the desire, instincts, and athletic ability to do a whole lot in the NFL

You've always taken the safe approach. Except with Irvin, you were all in on that and I have to applaud you for it.
I was the first person to ever call Earl better than Sherman. By far. I don't dish out unjust praise just because a guy is a Seahawk

I agree, you don't. But for other reasons? Absolutely Laughing

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
chpjns15

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like it when posters around this time of year talk about who we should draft with our picks. But with that said, Mike Evans would be a great fit on this team.

He seems like that type of bigger and more physical receiver that Pete is always trying to get (Mike Williams, Kris Durham, Chris Harper). He would bring something to this team that we desperately need, especially considering that Rice likely wont return.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
hawksman81

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tate is getting quite underrated in this thread.

With his unique skill set and rapport with Russ, I think he is one of our core players, though one that we can afford to lose if he does ask for a completely unreasonable contract, which I highly doubt.

Even though he is not the prototypical X receiver, I would be willing to give him a 5 year 20 mil deal. His playmaking ability is just to much to ignore.

The only receiver listed above I would even think about would be Hakeem, and that is only if he comes and takes a discount.

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawksman81 wrote:

With his unique skill set and rapport with Russ, I think he is one of our core players, though one that we can afford to lose if he does ask for a completely unreasonable contract, which I highly doubt.

Even though he is not the prototypical X receiver, I would be willing to give him a 5 year 20 mil deal. His playmaking ability is just to much to ignore.

The only receiver listed above I would even think about would be Hakeem, and that is only if he comes and takes a discount.
Sooo..............

4 million a year..? Which is what I said Laughing

ram29jackson wrote:
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
I dont like it when posters around this time of year talk about who we should draft with our picks. But with that said, Mike Evans would be a great fit on this team.

He seems like that type of bigger and more physical receiver that Pete is always trying to get (Mike Williams, Kris Durham, Chris Harper). He would bring something to this team that we desperately need, especially considering that Rice likely wont return.
I don't think we have any business drafting a WR in the 1st round this year

ram29jackson wrote:
hawksman81

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
hawksman81 wrote:

Sooo..............

Yes. Laughing

I must've missed that part in your post and saw what you posted last page.

But I still think we are understating the impact he has on this team in this thread. Losing him would hurt much more than Baldwin IMO.

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
imani

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we don't draft an olineman with the first pick i'm pretty annoyed with this FO. We need to go straight after a right guard

Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawksman81 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
hawksman81 wrote:

Sooo..............

Yes. Laughing

But I still think we are understating the impact he has on this team in this thread. Losing him would hurt much more than Baldwin IMO.
With Percy at full strength, I whole heartedly disagree.

ram29jackson wrote:
sirensong

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
hawksman81 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
hawksman81 wrote:

Sooo..............

Yes. Laughing

With Percy at full strength, I whole heartedly disagree.

Percy isn't an outside deep threat.
Plush

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cap Calculator

http://overthecap.com/calculator/?Team=Seahawks

Just cutting Rice would give us 11 million in space next year. 17 Million if we add in Red Bryant.

That's enough to fit both Sherman and ET with extensions. Earls cap count will go up, but he already makes a significant amount. Sherman will be a truly huge jump and will likely be our biggest increase until Russell gets paid in 2015.
imani

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great website. Shocked

I see 6 Free Agents to be that we need to at least attempt to bring back

In Order of importance(BP Contract suggestions):

Michael Bennett (5 year, 22 mill)
Steven Hauschka (4 year, 6 mill)
Doug Baldwin (3 year, 12 mill)
Breno Giacomini (3 year, 7 mill)
Golden Tate (4 year, 19 mill)
Tony McDaniel (2 year, $3 Mill)

Guys we may want to take second looks at:

Lemeul Jean-Pierre
Walter Thurmond
O'Brien Schofield
Jeron Johnson

*Warning*

Contract suggestions are lazy ball-park estimations, do not read too much into them.

Last edited by imani on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Finchy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Great website. Shocked

I see 6 Free Agents to be that we need to at least attempt to bring back

In Order of importance:

Michael Bennett
Steven Hauschka
Doug Baldwin
Breno Giacomini
Golden Tate
Tony McDaniel

Guys we may want to take second looks at:

Lemeul Jean-Pierre
Walter Thurmond
O'Brien Schofield
Jeron Johnson

I have no interest in bringing back Breno, Bowie was looking as good as him by the end, will be a lot cheaper as well. Dougie will get second round tender, Bennett will re-sign, might have to cut Avril to afford it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: