Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 All-NFC North Roster - Final Results
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 22258
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: 2013 All-NFC North Roster - Final Results Reply with quote



Thanks to everyone for participating. We certainly had some interesting results. I think it went pretty well for the most part.

Here are the results:

QB1 Aaron Rodgers (GB)
QB2 Matthew Stafford (DET)

RB1 Adrian Peterson (MIN)
RB2 Matt Forte (CHI)
RB3 Reggie Bush (DET)
FB Jerome Felton (MIN)

WR1 Calvin Johnson (DET)
WR2 Brandon Marshall (CHI)
WR3 Greg Jennings (MIN)
WR4 Jordy Nelson (GB)
WR5 Randall Cobb (GB)
WR6 Cordarelle Patterson (MIN)
WR7 James Jones (GB)

TE1 Kyle Rudolph (MIN)
TE2 Jermichael Finley (GB)
TE3 Brandon Pettigrew (DET)

LT Matt Kalil (MIN)
LG Josh Sitton (GB)
C John Sullivan (MIN)
RG T.J. Lang (GB)
RT Phil Loadholt (MIN)
OL6 Bryan Bulaga (GB)
OL7 Larry Warford (DET)
OL8 Jermon Bushrod (CHI)
OL9 Reilly Reiff (DET)
OL10 Rob Sims (DET)

DE1 Jared Allen (MIN)
DE2 Julius Peppers (CHI)
DT1 Ndamukong Suh (DET)
DT2 Henry Melton (CHI)
DL5 BJ Raji (GB)
DL6 Nick Fairley (DET)
DL7 Kevin Williams (MIN)
DL8 Brian Robison (MIN)
DL9 Everson Griffen (MIN)

OLB1 Clay Matthews (GB)
OLB2 Lance Briggs (CHI)
ILB1 AJ Hawk (GB)
ILB2 Desmond Bishop (MIN)
LB5 Chad Greenway (MIN)
LB6 Stephen Tulloch (DET)

CB1 Charles Tillman (CHI)
CB2 Casey Hayward (GB)
FS Harrison Smith (MIN)
SS Louis Delmas (DET)
DB5 Chris Cook (MIN)
DB6 Tim Jennings (CHI)
DB7 Tramon Williams (GB)
DB8 Morgan Burnett (GB)
DB9 Major Wright (CHI)

K Blair Walsh (MIN)
P Jeff Locke (MIN)
LS Cullen Loeffler (MIN)

Please post your thoughts here about either the roster above or about how the process went (whether you enjoyed it or not) and any suggestions you might have if we choose to do it again (or something similar) next summer.

Thanks again and have a great Fourth!
_________________


Thx to Uncle Buck!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nozizaki


Joined: 08 Mar 2012
Posts: 1091
Location: The State of Orlando
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While a lot of the votes are from homerism, I do think no one will disagree that the Vikings have the best Special Teams in the Division.

That said, I forgot how stacked the Packers are, they draft and develop players exceptionally well.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CriminalMind


Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 4753
Location: Toronto, CA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say its at least 85% accurate, so its a good list overall.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 13664
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I'd like to say this was pretty enjoyable. Stuff like this is always fun.

Second, The list turned out fairly good. Couple things I disagree with but not to big of a deal.

Kyle Rudolph shouldn't be over Finley or Pettigrew. Rudolph got voted that high because of potential. Finley and Pettigrew have proven much more on the field. One thing I have realized is that all four teams have very good TE's.

Might just be the homer in me but I would take both Cobb and Nelson over Jennings at this point. That said, you won't hear me pushing that issue to hard. Jennings is obviously more proven but just came off a injury riddled year and has to prove he's healthy and that he can produce with a non-elite QB. Which I think he will for the record.

Chad Greenway and AJ Hawk should be flip flopped. I know it's not Greenway's position but he would be my choice over Hawk. Hawk is solid and has a place on this list but not as a starter over Greenway.

I would have liked to see Burnett the starter alongside Smith. I'm a big Delmas fan but his inability to stay healthy is a HUGE issue.

Sam Shields should have made it on this list somewhere. Would prefer him over Cook, Williams and Wright.

A rookie Punter making it over proven guys like Podlesh and Masthay shouldn't have happened.

LIS, some small issues but overall a good list. Plus, it was fun to take part in and see some outside opinions of the division that I usually wouldn't hear.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
CriminalMind


Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 4753
Location: Toronto, CA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Jones over Cordarelle Patterson (frankly I would have left him off entirely)

Chad Greenway should be #3 LB

Jeff Locke should be off the roster
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 13840
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nozizaki wrote:
While a lot of the votes are from homerism, I do think no one will disagree that the Vikings have the best Special Teams in the Division.

That said, I forgot how stacked the Packers are, they draft and develop players exceptionally well.


Eh, they have a decent secondary.

Overall, I really don't think they are stacked at all.

They live and die through Aaron Rodgers still.
_________________

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Duff Man


Joined: 05 May 2013
Posts: 545
Location: Sveltville
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:


Kyle Rudolph shouldn't be over Finley or Pettigrew. Rudolph got voted that high because of potential. Finley and Pettigrew have proven much more on the field. One thing I have realized is that all four teams have very good TE's.



Nah, I don't think so. He got voted that high because he is a better tight end than both of them (by far). I can't even count on one hand how many times my roommate (Huge GB fan) was just cussing out Finley last year. Guy is so inconsistent it is unbelievable. Pettigrew is a decent player, but no where near Rudolph's level. Rudolph caught almost twice as many td's as Pettigrew and Finley combined.

That's why Kyle got voted #1 TE.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 13664
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duff Man wrote:
Ketchup wrote:


Kyle Rudolph shouldn't be over Finley or Pettigrew. Rudolph got voted that high because of potential. Finley and Pettigrew have proven much more on the field. One thing I have realized is that all four teams have very good TE's.



Nah, I don't think so. He got voted that high because he is a better tight end than both of them (by far). I can't even count on one hand how many times my roommate (Huge GB fan) was just cussing out Finley last year. Guy is so inconsistent it is unbelievable. Pettigrew is a decent player, but no where near Rudolph's level. Rudolph caught almost twice as many td's as Pettigrew and Finley combined.

That's why Kyle got voted #1 TE.
TD's are an arbitrary stat. Was Jones the best WR in the NFL last year? Not even close. Is Andre Johnson not an elite WR because he has never surpassed 9 TD's in a single season? No. TD's, more times then not, are a matter of circumstance and is a poor reflection on how good the player is.

Rudolph's 2012 yards and YPC is 493 and 9.3. Finley's 2012 yards and YPC was 667 and 10.9. And that was a little bit of a regression for Finley, as he started the season slow, as his 2011 yard and YPC were at 767 and 13.9. Numbers Rudolph has never come close to.

As for your huge GB fan friend, that's one persons opinion. Maybe he just doesn't like Finley. Or maybe he knows Finley is so much better then the numbers he put up in 2012, which were pretty easily better then Rudolph's.

How someone could look at the numbers and say Rudolph is "by far" better then Finley and Pettigrew is beyond me.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 47488
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
First, I'd like to say this was pretty enjoyable. Stuff like this is always fun.

Second, The list turned out fairly good. Couple things I disagree with but not to big of a deal.

Kyle Rudolph shouldn't be over Finley or Pettigrew. Rudolph got voted that high because of potential. Finley and Pettigrew have proven much more on the field. One thing I have realized is that all four teams have very good TE's.

Might just be the homer in me but I would take both Cobb and Nelson over Jennings at this point. That said, you won't hear me pushing that issue to hard. Jennings is obviously more proven but just came off a injury riddled year and has to prove he's healthy and that he can produce with a non-elite QB. Which I think he will for the record.


Kind of contradictory here. You like Finley because he is more proven then Rudolph, who is potential. But you like Cobb over Jennings, who is more potential then proven.

Quote:
Chad Greenway and AJ Hawk should be flip flopped. I know it's not Greenway's position but he would be my choice over Hawk. Hawk is solid and has a place on this list but not as a starter over Greenway.


I agree, but Hawk is a ILB and Greenway is an OLB. At the end of the day, that is how the voting reflected there rankings.

Quote:
I would have liked to see Burnett the starter alongside Smith. I'm a big Delmas fan but his inability to stay healthy is a HUGE issue.

Sam Shields should have made it on this list somewhere. Would prefer him over Cook, Williams and Wright.


I agree. Shields deserved to be on over Williams.

Quote:
A rookie Punter making it over proven guys like Podlesh and Masthay shouldn't have happened.


The same would have been said last year regarding Blair Walsh, and looked what happen. Most would haev voted Kluwe if he was still around, but Locke beat him out for a spot so its fairly logical to maybe assume that Locke may be a better punter. At the end of the day, most fans dont know about other teams punters so obviously homer votes played a role here.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swiss_vike


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 853
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How Glover Quin does not make the team is beyond me. I guess nobody really knows him. He's a beast against the run (just look at our game against Houston this past season. He was one of the reasons Peterson didn't break 100 yards amidst games where he averaged 160 yeards). He's basically the Winfield of safeties.

He's no slouch against the pass either coming from the CB position. A great addition for the Lions and an immediate upgrade over Delmas.

I bet if we do this next year, he'll be the starting safety next to Harrison.
_________________
Ponder is not done in Minnesota...yet. I think now, he might be. Will miss you, Samantha Hottie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kellerman


Joined: 16 May 2010
Posts: 3551
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Kyle Rudolph shouldn't be over Finley or Pettigrew. Rudolph got voted that high because of potential. Finley and Pettigrew have proven much more on the field. One thing I have realized is that all four teams have very good TE's.


Rudolph got voted that high because of skill. He's developed into a very good inline blocker, and his hands/jump ball skills are legendary. His lack of yards hurts him a bit, but I'm pretty sure he would be a ~800 yard TE with a better QB. Finley is a good player, but a limited blocker, and he doesn't compensate for that in the passing game at the moment. Pettigrew is average personified, with questionable hands at times. Rudolph is also by far the better TE in the redzone.


Ketchup wrote:
Might just be the homer in me but I would take both Cobb and Nelson over Jennings at this point. That said, you won't hear me pushing that issue to hard. Jennings is obviously more proven but just came off a injury riddled year and has to prove he's healthy and that he can produce with a non-elite QB. Which I think he will for the record.


An agreeable point, I don't think the difference is that great. I would rank Nelson/Jennings slightly ahead of Cobb, because of their relative value (outside vs. slot). Nelson ranks as the best based on his age, and he has shown he can match prime Jennings in production. Maybe a slightly overrated reciever due to his QB, but still a very good player.


Ketchup wrote:
Chad Greenway and AJ Hawk should be flip flopped. I know it's not Greenway's position but he would be my choice over Hawk. Hawk is solid and has a place on this list but not as a starter over Greenway.


Agree 100%, made this point myself. Hawk is a 4-3 OLB playing 3-4. If he can be classified as a MLB, then so can Greenway. He would be the second linebacker on the starting sheet in Green Bay after Matthews.


Ketchup wrote:
I would have liked to see Burnett the starter alongside Smith. I'm a big Delmas fan but his inability to stay healthy is a HUGE issue.


Not a huge fan of Delmas for the same reason, hard to put a player in who's missed almost a season's worth of games in the last two years. Burnett should displace him.


Ketchup wrote:
Sam Shields should have made it on this list somewhere. Would prefer him over Cook, Williams and Wright.


I think the DB list, as a whole, doesn't make a lot of sense, as we have Hayward, a nickel, playing #2 CB. Would have preferred a seperate spot for that position. As for Shields, we face the injury issue again. Hard to put a guy high if he's out a lot. I'm a big fan of Chris Cook, he really showed his stuff last year, but I'd drop him one or two places for the same reason.

Ketchup wrote:
A rookie Punter making it over proven guys like Podlesh and Masthay shouldn't have happened.


Yeah, I don't see how any rookie should make this list, unless he's a top 5 pick, guaruanteed to come in and play great from day one (like Kalil last year).

Overall a pretty agreeable list.
_________________

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kellerman


Joined: 16 May 2010
Posts: 3551
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I've been rewatching some 2012 games from the Vikings, and Cullen Loeffler might have a pretty good claim to the LS spot after all. In the last game of the season against Green Bay (2nd quarter) he makes a try-saving tackle on Ross during a kick-return.

Just something to think about. Wink
_________________

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
byuvike88


Joined: 21 Jun 2007
Posts: 872
Location: Shelley Idaho
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://davedameshek.nfl.com/2013/07/03/division-by-division-all-pro-teams/

We have a lot of the same players as this list on NFL.com. Its a pretty interesting read. I don't agree with Sullivan not being on the first team but he is very under appreciated. All in all in think this proves how unbiased our survey was.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CDub


Joined: 01 Oct 2012
Posts: 536
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a pretty good and accurate list to me. Was this a whole division fan base game? Get everyone's opinion, Bears/Packers/Lions/Vikings fans?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29761
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

byuvike88 wrote:
http://davedameshek.nfl.com/2013/07/03/division-by-division-all-pro-teams/

We have a lot of the same players as this list on NFL.com. Its a pretty interesting read. I don't agree with Sullivan not being on the first team but he is very under appreciated. All in all in think this proves how unbiased our survey was.


Why is Fusco on that list? I laugh at Garza being on there over Sullivan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group