Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Player of the year for the Redskins
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Legend_Kenny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Player of the year for the Redskins Reply with quote

It may be to early for this it may be about the right time but training camp is right around the corner so I will say it is the right time for me any way lol. Who do you think the player of the year for our Washington Redskins will be there are so many you can choose from but I have one in mind. My choice will be Pierre Garcon I think if we have him healthy for all 16 games he will definately be everything we want and a big time Pro Bowl player. Got my fingers crossed on this one.
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Kerrigan
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGIII. He's what makes this team go

Sig By Mike23md

Adopt A Skin

Leonard Hankerson
Santana Moss
Brandon Meriweather
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfred Morris. Without his part of the running game, RGIII has to rely on the pass.

Using the run to set up the pass is what makes this team go. Morris is my vote.

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My money is on Orakpo. I think he has a double digit sack season and leads this defense in a resurgence after a down year last year when he was injured.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Almm24

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going with Alfred Morris too. We are going to rely on him more due to RGIII's injury. I believe he will have another great year and carry the team. He's going to be considered a top 5ish RB next year.

^ El Ramster
TKellion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to be RGIII for this team to contend for a title. Twisted Evil
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean it's RG3. No ifs ands or buts. Outside of RG3, I fully expect Orakpo to have a dominant season though. He's in a contract year and he'll free up Kerrigan from the double teams. Kerrigan is a good player but he can't handle the double teams as well as Orakpo. Orakpo will be KEY to our defense, if he can get a consistant pass rush, our DBs weaknesses will be masked fairly well. The return of Orakpo will be one of the most underrated stories in national media, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

mike23md on the sig!
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
I mean it's RG3. No ifs ands or buts. Outside of RG3, I fully expect Orakpo to have a dominant season though. He's in a contract year and he'll free up Kerrigan from the double teams. Kerrigan is a good player but he can't handle the double teams as well as Orakpo. Orakpo will be KEY to our defense, if he can get a consistant pass rush, our DBs weaknesses will be masked fairly well. The return of Orakpo will be one of the most underrated stories in national media, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

I admit I mostly said Kerrigan because he's my favorite player Laughing
Common sense says you guys are right with RG3 and Orakpo, but I had to be different... And either way I expect Kerrigan to be improved because of his work ethic and determination, although maybe not a superstar like them
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:

I admit I mostly said Kerrigan because he's my favorite player Laughing
Common sense says you guys are right with RG3 and Orakpo, but I had to be different... And either way I expect Kerrigan to be improved because of his work ethic and determination, although maybe not a superstar like them
I think Kerrigan is going to have a good year also. If he keeps improving from year to year like he did from his rookie year to 2nd year, I fully expect him to have 9 or 10 sacks this year with 60 to 70 tackles, 7 to 10 passes defensed and let's hope he gets at least one more int.

One thing that will aide Kerrigan is having Orakpo back to take pressure off of Kerrigan. Kerrigan shouldn't see as many double teams as he saw last year, if any at all, and he should be able to go back to primarily going up against the RT every snap. I know last year he was moved over to go up against the LT more often than when he was a rookie. In 2013, I think they will switch Rak and Kerrigan some to give offenses different looks, but I think they will mostly stay in place.

I expect Kerrigan to continue to be the all around great defender that he has been, improve from last year to this year and have a even better 2013 than he did 2011 and 2012. The Redskins defensive pass rush and pass defenses performance last year reminds me of 2010 when we didn't have a big threat of a pass rush opposite Orakpo. Last year, we didn't have a big threat of a pass rush opposite Kerrigan. So, even though Kerrigan had a slightly better 2012 than he did 2011, fans felt he wasn't as effective. It just proves the point that in order for any 3-4 defense to be at its best guy need 2 effective OLBs who can constantly put the threat on the offensive line with their pass rush and on the quarter back to make the Qb make faster decisions and force the Qb into mistakes.

Bottom line is we need both Rak and Ryan to be healthy. We have that and our defense will be light years better than last year. I believe that was proven in 2011 when overall our defense was better from start to finish, even though we had a lot of new parts and we still didn't have a healthy or good free safety
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ktizzzlee21

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRENT WILLIAMS. He doesnt score touchdowns, but he will be the reason why the Skins offense is dominant. Last year was such a huge year for him. If he improves and is even greater next year i could see him being the BEST lineman in all of football.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktizzzlee21 wrote:
TRENT WILLIAMS. He doesnt score touchdowns, but he will be the reason why the Skins offense is dominant. Last year was such a huge year for him. If he improves and is even greater next year I could see him being the BEST lineman in all of football.
That's definitely a good one and its definitely possible Trent could be considered the best Olineman in football if he improves as much as he did last year to this year. I like the fact that we came up with 6 different answers to this question and you could argue there is a few more you could bring up. It means our young players are developing well and becoming stars or are stars.
DCRED

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I like the fact that we came up with 6 different answers to this question and you could argue there is a few more you could bring up. It means our young players are developing well and becoming stars or are stars.

That IS cool we came up with 6 Different players that fast..

turtle28 wrote:
It just proves the point that in order for any 3-4 defense to be at its best guy need 2 effective OLBs who can constantly put the threat on the offensive line with their pass rush and on the quarter back to make the Qb make faster decisions and force the Qb into mistakes.
Agree and...

Reminds me of our discussion in the other thread about NT. Above is exactly what they are doing with most of that Dline.

They are attempting to ruin one of the basic philosophies in Offense. Creating a pocket for the QB, a strong Oline that makes time for his QB.

They want the QB to have to move every time he is throwing the ball. Not have time to even plant his feet to make throws, etc. Be harassed from the middle and edges of his line.

And they give up some run D to have everyone hanging out bothering the QB, hoping the LB/S are hitting their gaps and shutting it down
LuckIsGOAT

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfred Morris/Darrell Young
Trailblazers
Canucks
Luck & RG3 fan
DCRED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckIsGOAT wrote:
Alfred Morris/Darrell Young

Why the /Darrell Young? I'm guessing you are saying no way Morris does it without Young? or you making some bizarre DY prediction?
Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: