Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Anything Thread - I'm ready for Football Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 112, 113, 114

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CutParisLenon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davisblack wrote:
http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2013/11/report_detroit_tigers_would_li_1.html#incart_river_default

Tigers will listen to offers on Prince.

I highly doubt he will get traded, but its interesting to think about.

I think this guy could turn into cancer. He was so sullen throughout the entire playoffs and there is no way that wasn't infectious. It was like he was feeling sorry for himself. I think we were better off with Cabby at 3 and VMart at 4. Would love to unload him and try to pick up someone who is more dynamic on the basepaths. I have heard us linked to Giancarlo Stanton. I know Miami would never take on Prince's salary, but if we were able to unload Prince, Stanton would be a great candidate for the 4-5 spot, depending on where Ausmus would put VMart.
CutParisLenon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention, a guy his size isn't going to produce for very long. Definitely not for the duration of that bloated contract. His body will eventually break down.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When's the GDT thread coming up for PITT? Cool

Sig bet
Jrugges

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davisblack wrote:
http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2013/11/report_detroit_tigers_would_li_1.html#incart_river_default

Tigers will listen to offers on Prince.

I highly doubt he will get traded, but its interesting to think about.

Oh my god I would love it if the Tigers could trade him. I had a REALLY funny feeling this would be a topic talked about this offseason just based off his interview after losing the ALCS. Basically saying it's over and there's more important things in life. Well when your a baseball player imo, the most important thing in your life should be at that time winning a world series not just showing up to collect a pay check.

It's a mentality, championship mentality, an Prince doesn't have it. Sure he's a good player but to me he's going to be that good player that never wins anything because he never makes plays when it matters. Bulk of his hits/home runs/RBI's come when damage has already been done. I just firmly believe you can't win with this type of person cause they just don't care ENOUGH inside to make it count. Similar to Dwight Howard. They don't have what it takes to battle players with similar talents.

Hopefully we can get the Yankees to possibly bite on a Prince deal, though doubtful. The best idea I can think of is a major shake up with some team and taking on both Scherzer/Prince.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 112, 113, 114
Page 114 of 114

Jump to: