Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Anything Thread - I'm ready for Football Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113, 114  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Saints set an NFL record with 40 first downs.

The Cowboys only ran 43 plays.

Laughing
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a replacement for a fantasy hockey keeper league made up of Lions posters. PM me with interest. We'd like someone to take over a team asap.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
We need a replacement for a fantasy hockey keeper league made up of Lions posters. PM me with interest. We'd like someone to take over a team asap.

Could I get dibs on Wayne Gretzky? Because that's about all I know in regards to hockey.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
The Saints set an NFL record with 40 first downs.

The Cowboys only ran 43 plays.

Laughing

Just read an article on how terrible the Cowboys defense has been since they hired Kiffin. Its record shattering bad. They have done things this year more times (400 yd passers, total yardage, etc) alone than they have in their franchises history combined. I'll try to find the article but it was impressively bad.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Why you don't tackle with your helmet:

Those are the plays that will affect you later in life. Need more sound tackling in the NFL. Young guys don't realize what affect they are having on their brains until its too late.

Look at Dorsett who has considered suicide rather than dealing with CTE.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha. Packers went out and signed Flynn. They are getting a little nervous having to go to that route

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Haha. Packers went out and signed Flynn. They are getting a little nervous having to go to that route
Solid signing now that Seneca Wallace is injured. He knows the playbook and has found success with GB even if that didn't translate to success elsewhere.

Its not a desperation or nervous move. Just a solid signing given whats available at FA QB's.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Solid signing now that Seneca Wallace is injured. He knows the playbook and has found success with GB even if that didn't translate to success elsewhere.

Its not a desperation or nervous move. Just a solid signing given whats available at FA QB's.

Im happy about it. Tolzien looked really good in his action in game. Flynn is not the answer.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Im happy about it. Tolzien looked really good in his action in game. Flynn is not the answer.

Flynn is not the answer but a solid signing nonetheless. Tolzien looked subpar against one of the worst passing defensive teams in the NFL. Better than expected but still pretty bad. I'm not too worried if either starts for the Packers.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Flynn is not the answer but a solid signing nonetheless. Tolzien looked subpar against one of the worst passing defensive teams in the NFL. Better than expected but still pretty bad. I'm not too worried if either starts for the Packers.

Subpar?

He did not get starting reps but came in and completed over 60% of his passes for nearly 300 yards. His passes were on point. Great Chemistry with Boykin

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Subpar?

He did not get starting reps but came in and completed over 60% of his passes for nearly 300 yards. His passes were on point. Great Chemistry with Boykin

You are lookin at numbers my man. Outside of his long pass for 36 yards he was averaging 6.4 ypa which is easily bottom of the league plus he had two picks. This was against the bottom of the league passing defenses.

Boykin is that third string practice player he has created a rapport with but both players are easy to make adjustments for. I'm not too sure about your passes on point assessment because he couldn't move his team and I wasn't impressed by him.

Suprising what he provided on the field but still not NFL worthy. I consider him and Flynn equally talented in the NFL department. Our defense should be scared of neither.

However, we aren't one of the best passing D's in the league either and we have a history of making backups look like HOF.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Subpar?

You are lookin at numbers my man. Outside of his long pass for 36 yards he was averaging 6.4 ypa which is easily bottom of the league plus he had two picks. This was against the bottom of the league passing defenses.

Boykin is that third string practice player he has created a rapport with but both players are easy to make adjustments for. I'm not too sure about your passes on point assessment because he couldn't move his team and I wasn't impressed by him.

Suprising what he provided on the field but still not NFL worthy. I consider him and Flynn equally talented in the NFL department. Our defense should be scared of neither.

However, we aren't one of the best passing D's in the league either and we have a history of making backups look like HOF.

I watched the game. Every snap as I had a ton of guys in my money league in game. Considering reps he got he really impressed me. Great pocket poise too.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Subpar?

I watched the game. Every snap as I had a ton of guys in my money league in game. Considering reps he got he really impressed me. Great pocket poise too.

Ah. Enjoy the game man.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Subpar?

Ah. Enjoy the game man.

Not saying he is a world beater. Not saying Detroit should be nervous about him. Simply saying from what I saw compared to what Flynn has shown last couple years, Tolzien is the more mechanically sound QB

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Maverick12

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/11/brandon_marshall_detroit_lions.html

Brandon Marshall's butt's wet. Laughing

Dude when to a new low talking about Detroit's financial problems. What else would you expect from someone that beats up women though?

Sig credit: Smack

Team Stylish

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113, 114  Next
Page 112 of 114

Jump to: