Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Which team is better?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

read the title dummy
me
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
adam
83%
 83%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 12

Lentz33

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Meh. Only like two people on this forum even have a clue of what college football is. Laughing

I've been watching College Football all offseason. (As I do every year)

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
swoosh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
Adam, because Bridgewater >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Manziel.
Not in college.

Put Manziel on Louisville and Bridgewater and A&M and you'd agree with me.
Manziel didn't even have a great supporting cast at A&M. Sure, it was better than Bridgewater's but he also wasn't facing SEC defenses on a weekly basis. Bridgewater didn't face a single top 25 team until the bowl game.

Give Manziel Yeldon, Lee, Watkins, DAT, and ASJ...lol. Best RB, best WR, top 3 WR, best TZR, and best TE. Good luck stopping that offense.

Did you not watch what Bridgewater did to that "SEC Defense" while getting hit every play? The guy is amazing.
Great sample size. Lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Meh. Only like two people on this forum even have a clue of what college football is. Laughing

I just assumed you had no idea about college football after dropping 100 on you on NCAA Football 13. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
Adam, because Bridgewater >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Manziel.
Not in college.

Put Manziel on Louisville and Bridgewater and A&M and you'd agree with me.
Manziel didn't even have a great supporting cast at A&M. Sure, it was better than Bridgewater's but he also wasn't facing SEC defenses on a weekly basis. Bridgewater didn't face a single top 25 team until the bowl game.

Give Manziel Yeldon, Lee, Watkins, DAT, and ASJ...lol. Best RB, best WR, top 3 WR, best TZR, and best TE. Good luck stopping that offense.

Lol @ Watkins over Evans. Watkins is strictly a great slot WR and you have him on the outside. And lol @ best TE. If you like thugs then ASJ is good.
Watkins >>> Evans. ASJ is the best TE. No debate there. Being a thug is quite irrelevant in a one game match-up.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

I just assumed you had no idea about college football after dropping 100 on you on NCAA Football 13. Wink

Because those are correlated in any way. lol
(I also never play NCAA)

Also, about the supporting cast, Manziel's had an Elite OLine last season. Being the reason he was able to scramble so much. All the guy does is run around and wait for WRs to get open. Behind an OL like Louisville's he wouldn't be able to do so. Not only that he was throwing to Ryan Swope and Mike Evans. I'd be surprised if you didn't have to Google Lousiville's WRs. End all be all, Teddy is better at almost every aspect of being a true QB. Footwork, arm strength, accuracy, pocket presence etc all are in favor of T-Bridge.

swoosh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

(I also never play NCAA)

Also, about the supporting cast, Manziel's had an Elite OLine last season. Being the reason he was able to scramble so much. All the guy does is run around and wait for WRs to get open. Behind an OL like Louisville's he wouldn't be able to do so. Not only that he was throwing to Ryan Swope and Mike Evans. I'd be surprised if you didn't have to Google Lousiville's WRs. End all be all, Teddy is better at almost every aspect of being a true QB. Footwork, arm strength, accuracy, pocket presence etc all are in favor of T-Bridge.
I'll do you one better. Parker (man crush) and Rogers should start this year. Copeland and Smith gradated. They also have a damn good WR from their '13 class in Quick (was also considering Oregon). Wink

Bridgewater is the better pro QB, but you're forgetting this is college football. Spread offenses dominate. Manziel in the spread >>>>> Bridgewater in a pro-style offense. It's just a better suited offense for college football. Take a look at the top five offenses from last year: Baylor, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Oregon, and LTech. All spread.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

(I also never play NCAA)

I'll do you one better. Parker (man crush) and Rogers should start this year. Copeland and Smith gradated. They also have a damn good WR from their '13 class in Quick (was also considering Oregon). Wink

Bridgewater is the better pro QB, but you're forgetting this is college football. Spread offenses dominate. Manziel in the spread >>>>> Bridgewater in a pro-style offense. It's just a better suited offense for college football. Take a look at the top five offenses from last year: Baylor, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Oregon, and LTech. All spread.

Lol this guy^. Using yards in college football as a ranking system.

Lentz33

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also kinda confused as to why you think Bridgewater couldn't play in the spread. Spread offenses are known for making QBs look far better than they are. (See all 5 of the schools you mentioned.)

swoosh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

(I also never play NCAA)

Lol this guy^. Using yards in college football as a ranking system.

That wasn't a ranking system. If it was, Oregon certainly wouldn't be #4.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
I'm also kinda confused as to why you think Bridgewater couldn't play in the spread. Spread offenses are known for making QBs look far better than they are. (See all 5 of the schools you mentioned.)
Adam is running a pro-style offense...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:

I wasn't talking about Adam's team. lol

Also, you said they were the top 5 offenses. If it wasn't a ranking them, then there was no point in saying it.

adam9

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mind swooshers, he gets his jimmies rustled when he gets owned at his own game (he started the thread and had the idea).

Do I officially win, I want a prize Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Don't mind swooshers, he gets his jimmies rustled when he gets owned at his own game (he started the thread and had the idea).

Nothing wrong with a little debate. Very Happy

Pretty much everything we are debating is opinion.

swoosh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:

I wasn't talking about Adam's team. lol

Also, you said they were the top 5 offenses. If it wasn't a ranking them, then there was no point in saying it.
It's proving that the spread offense is a much better scheme in college football.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
adam9 wrote:

Nothing wrong with a little debate. Very Happy

Pretty much everything we are debating is opinion.

True that. But one opinion has right votes and the other has 1 and that's the person who has attachment to them. One opinion is clearly better Laughing

Just giving swoosh a hard time really Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: