Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Green Bay's Top 22 for 2013 (#10) Comment!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

who is #10?
Eddie Lacy
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Datone Jones
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Tramon Williams
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
James Jones
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
JerMichael Finley
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Morgan Burnett
39%
 39%  [ 16 ]
Ryan Pickett
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Nick Perry
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
T.J Lang
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
AJ Hawk
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 41

badgers0821

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Green Bay's Top 22 for 2013 (#10) Comment! Reply with quote

"Everybody brings their own ish to the question imho. For me the question changes after our two undeniable superstars are tagged #1 and #2. Go back to last year's thread and Woodson was ranked way, way higher than he should have been just because he got love for his career and presence. That wasn't wrong, it was just career appreciation for a Hall of Famer.

For me, I sometimes cheat and get the beat going for a player I'd like to see get ranked higher than he might otherwise go. I agree with Bulaga winning the spot right now, but I'm pushing Datone out of the belief that he will make the entire defense better than it was last year.

Long story short, use your own rules, use different rules when you want, and have fun arguing your position."

-blueswedeshoes

Take a second to explain why you picked who you picked.

Just as a reminder I will run these polls for one day. If there still is not a clear winner I will run it longer. Vote away!

1. Aaron Rodgers (100%)
2. Clay Matthews (100%)
3. Randall Cobb (48%)
4. B.J. Raji (44%)
5. Bryan Bulaga (46%)
6. Josh Sitton (61%)
7. Jordy Nelson (30%)
8. Casey Hayward (33%)
9. Sam Shields (47%)
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a terrible list. It got off track at 3 and it can't be fixed.
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:

What would your list look like?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted for Finley

Still watch his 09 highlight reel a couple of times before every season. Say him getting doubled a lot last year. He did drop some footballs, but man if he gets going with Rodgers again, that will be huge for this team. And what makes a man play harder than when some money is on the line, right?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

Rodgers
Mathews
Raji
Bulaga
Cobb
Tramon (trusting the coaching staffs opinion here)
Sitton
Shields
Burnett
Finley
Pickett
Hayward
Nelson
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan Burnett is by far the most overrated Packer. He an AJ Hawk are the two that don't belong in the discussion yet (along with the rooks). Was shocked to see him in the lead and by such a large margin. Couldn't decide between James Jones and TJ Lang, but those guys are way ahead of Burnett.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the Burnett love either. He is an average safety to above average. We could be worse off, but he cannot cover TEs or WRs and lacks the big play highlights that we have had from past safeties. To me he is a role player on the level of Hawk, and Pickett. Does a job decent, but could be improved upon for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in on those feelings about Burnett. There are quite a few more players I would rate more highly than him.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
packerjmf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are all of the Burnett fans, or do we just have nine Viking fans trolling us?
I voted Perry here. Might be a little rash to do so, but he flashed last year and I feel like he's going to come back nicely this season. I'm definitely projecting more on potential with him than I have with my other votes.
I could understand (James) Jones and Finley being good choices here too, just hard for me to pick them since I feel like Jones has already peaked (it'll be hard for him to match last season's production) and Finley has disappointed too much in the past.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Jones for me. Burnett is an average player that I think people want to turn into a good player ala Collins. Yeah, Collins had a slower start to his career like Burnett did but I don't think anyone should bank on Burnett turning into an All Pro.

Sig brought to you by Justo
Pugger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Pugger wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

Rodgers
Mathews
Raji
Bulaga
Cobb
Sitton
Shields
Burnett
Finley
Pickett
Hayward
Nelson

I like your list but I might put Jordy a tad higher - maybe at #8 and switch Hayward and Burnett.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm not going to say Burnett is a great player by any means, but he is one of the key guys we need to step up and take a leadership role. He's played average to good thus far, if he takes that next step, he'll be a special player in this defense.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
Now I'm not going to say Burnett is a great player by any means, but he is one of the key guys we need to step up and take a leadership role. He's played average to good thus far, if he takes that next step, he'll be a special player in this defense.

Aside from Clay, there is no player more unreplaceable in this current defense than Morgan Burnett. The options behind him are nowhere near viable going into this year based on what we saw last year. Not enough experience in this complex defense behind Burnett in any shape or form on this roster. You take Burnett away from the equation this year, and the defense is going to be extremely dumbed down.

I am not overstating Burnett the player, but everyone arguing against Burnett is severely under rating his importance to the success of the defense going into this year. It is laughable and borderline embarrassing. If Burnett continues his assencion as a player, this defense is no longer just good enough to get the Packers to the play offs, it is good enough to topple anyone in their way towards the trophy that belongs in Titletown. That is how important his position is back there in this defense.

Someone tried making the argument against my position a couple positions back, and in the same post, destroyed his own argument. No sense is even responding to a post that makes your counterpoint for you.

Right now we have players up there that are currently back ups to the starters because well, we liked what they produced when given the opportunity. That is all well and good and I am excited about the future for those players, but they do not hold the level of irreplacability on this roster that comes close to Burnett's at this time.

I see Hawk's name up there. I understand his importance at some level, but in his case, there are players behind him that have years of experience in this scheme that could plug and play while not dumbing down the defense Capers wants to play. That is not the case in Burnett's position so I would not consider Hawk for quite some time on this list based on his level of production.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Pugger wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

Rodgers
Mathews
Raji
Bulaga
Cobb
Sitton
Shields
Burnett
Finley
Pickett
Hayward
Nelson

The only change I would make is Sitton above Tramon and Burnett above Shields. This is a very good list when you combine the importance of the player and the talent level on the roster. There are just some players that are more irreplaceable on the roster than others in any given season.
badgers0821

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Pugger wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

Rodgers
Mathews
Raji
Bulaga
Cobb
Sitton
Shields
Burnett
Finley
Pickett
Hayward
Nelson

You realize that your list is not that much different than the one voted on right?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: