Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants, WR Victor Cruz agree to 5-year, $43M deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Brady Tribute
Panthers11

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
I think Cruz will get 8.25-9.25M
Worth more but I think thats what an agreement would look like.

5 years for $43 million comes out to be $8.6M per season, so you sir are spot on. Well done.

I think this deal is good for both sides.

I just hope that Hakeem Nicks still walks and comes to Carolina.

Why do you want Nicks to leave the Giants?

He lives or is from Carolina and it's his "second" team behind the Titans. Nicks to Carolina under Gettleman makes too much sense.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid deal for both sides.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
Acgott wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:

5 years for $43 million comes out to be $8.6M per season, so you sir are spot on. Well done.

He lives or is from Carolina and it's his "second" team behind the Titans. Nicks to Carolina under Gettleman makes too much sense.

Did not know Ruskie had a 2nd team
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
Acgott wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:

Never understood the idea of someone having two teams unless a family member / friend plays for that team? Hell I've lived in Carolina for almost 20 years and at no point have I ever considered being a Panthers Fan. Now Tar Heel/UNC, that's another story.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
Acgott wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:

Never understood the idea of having two teams? Hell I've lived in Carolina for almost 20 years and at no point have I ever considered being a Panthers Fan. Now Tar Heel/UNC, that's another story.

Well I have a list of teams I want to lose the most, so I guess the team i want to lose the least could be considered my "2nd team"
Unfortunately teams 1-29 of my hated list change very frequently so it is hard to keep track.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Does the 15m guaranteed include the 2.87 tender for this season or not? If it does it's basically a two year deal for a little over 7.7. If not they locked him up for the next three years at around 6 which would be oustanding on their part and flexible enough to sign Nicks next year. The 6yr/45m BS means nothing in the long run compared to the 15-18m guaranteed. That number along with Eli and JPP eventual contract will dictate Nicks future as a Giant. Good for NYG ,bad for the rest of the NFCE.

Glad someone pointed this out. The guaranteed money is almost the single most important number when evaluating any of these free agent deals.

This looks like a case of, something that shouldn't hinder them from re-signing both Nicks (I'd say contingent on him staying healthy for a full season first) and JPP if they choose; they're just pushing the decision on whether they can/will be able to retain all three for another year.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
Acgott wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:

Never understood the idea of someone having two teams unless a family member / friend plays for that team? Hell I've lived in Carolina for almost 20 years and at no point have I ever considered being a Panthers Fan. Now Tar Heel/UNC, that's another story.

Yep. Ask SnA Exclusive about that one...
Touchdowns:6
Launches:6

OFFENSIVE MVP
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This deal is actually a bargain, I think Cruz is the best slot receiver in the league right now but his pay doesnt reflect this.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
Acgott wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:

I'm a Titans fan through and through, but I grew up in Charlotte since before I went to elementary school, and I'm back here in Charlotte now that I've graduated. Spent most of my life here.

Given that it's my hometown team, in the opposite conference, and my father is a huge fan, I root for the Panthers every game they play... unless they play the Titans. Then there is no questioning my loyalty. I thoroughly enjoyed the beat-down we gave them a few years ago.

I don't follow them the way I do with the Titans. Hell, I honestly don't "follow" any team besides the Titans, a fact that frustrates my father and causes a yearly "Convert to the Panthers" argument so he can get additional information Laughing

One of my co-workers (Not sure if he was lying or not) told me last week that Hakeem Nicks had come into our store and bought some stuff. Given that Nicks went to HS here in Charlotte, went to college in the state, and appears to still be living here, him coming to Charlotte isn't something that would be far-fetched, and the Panthers need WR help.

Again, I'm a 100% Titans fan, through and through, but given that I've spent most of my life in Charlotte, they are my de-facto number two.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help but wonder what Randall Cobb is going to want if he keeps playing the way he did last year. 8.6/year isn't too bad.

^Kempes on the sig
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tremendous quote from Antrel Rolle on difference between Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz:

Nicks "is a little more deceptive than Victor Cruz," Rolle said earlier tonight on @NFLNetwork Total Access. "When you look at Nicks you might not think he is moving as fast but when you are up against him, running with him, you understand this guy is moving. His hands are probably the biggest I’ve ever seen on a receiver. I call him ‘The Silent killer.’ His routes are so smooth; everything he does is so smooth.

"While Victor Cruz is going to always put a little bit of salsa on it. I think he goes out there and gives you the wiggles, gives you the shake and he is exceptionally quick. If he takes a step on you, you can pretty much cancel Christmas.”

http://sulia.com/channel/new-york-giants/f/b667eb16-b3d3-48fe-8e16-a567c988fa83/?source=twitter
Tom Brady Tribute
reckless123

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
Tremendous quote from Antrel Rolle on difference between Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz:

Nicks "is a little more deceptive than Victor Cruz," Rolle said earlier tonight on @NFLNetwork Total Access. "When you look at Nicks you might not think he is moving as fast but when you are up against him, running with him, you understand this guy is moving. His hands are probably the biggest I’ve ever seen on a receiver. I call him ‘The Silent killer.’ His routes are so smooth; everything he does is so smooth.

"While Victor Cruz is going to always put a little bit of salsa on it. I think he goes out there and gives you the wiggles, gives you the shake and he is exceptionally quick. If he takes a step on you, you can pretty much cancel Christmas.”

http://sulia.com/channel/new-york-giants/f/b667eb16-b3d3-48fe-8e16-a567c988fa83/?source=twitter

I think the only thing i would give Cruz over Nicks is quickness and YAC. His cuts are amazing as well. Nicks has deceptive speed for sure. Hes got verry good hands, his catch radius is awesome, his routes are smooth, he is one of the strongest receivers in the league despite only being 6 "1". His release is up there with the best. So im somewhat agree with Antrel.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolle should be careful with the Nicks praise. He is set to make 7 million dollars next season, and Nicks' new contract could come at Rolle's expense.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Abe56

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicks already unhappy with new contract Laughing

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/sour_salsa_CcBKdSS1f50fxMh6ynKgnK

64 Tackles, 10.5 Sacks, 6 STF, 2 FF, 1 INT, 3 PD

2nd Team All Pro

Jets, Knicks, Athletics, Buckeyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: