Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears Training Camp Thread 2013
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Bears Training Camp Thread 2013 Reply with quote

The schedule has been released: http://www.chicagobears.com/events/training-camp.html

Big time changes this year: nearly all public practices are 9am start times. Gates will open at 9 and the players will already be on the field warming up, and then practice will begin at 9:45. This is a pretty big change from years past, where the fans would stand in line for an hour, wait another hour for the players to come out, and another 45 minutes for the to warm up. Practice will end at 11:30 and the grounds will remain open until 1pm.

There are two 3:15pm practices plus Family Fest.
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a repeat from many years past but I'll be following how this offensive line shakes out.

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
ShaggyBear

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Sounds like a repeat from many years past but I'll be following how this offensive line shakes out.

Lol this is the most optimism I have had in the last 8-9 years about the o-line. I played tailback in high school so I truly know how an o-line could make or break an offense. I was on the second team and our first team o-line was great... Then there was a steep drop off to the guys blocking for me. I used to love first team reps.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have quiet confidence in the Oline now…I think from top to bottom everything is now in place for us to at least put a productive Oline on the field…Trestman from day 1 has stressed the importance of keeping Cutler upright and simply won’t allow him to take the beating he has taking since arriving here…if something isn’t working he will adapt it...everything I have seen from Kromer makes me believe he can be the solution in coaching these Olinemen to do the simple things well…even Pat Meyer has a tremendous amount of experience at all levels to help these young guys…I think it’s clear after adding guys like Bushrod, Slauson, Long & Mills we have more depth and quality…

My biggest concern right now is that we don’t have a natural RG on the roster so Long, Slauson or Brown will be pressed into action.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really interested in seeing what the pace of practice is in Bourbonnais and how it compares to what Lovie did.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having played briefly for Trestman I have 2 pieces of advice for the bears.

1. Get ready to run.

2. Get use to the air horn.
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im most curious about the defense.

I have total confidence in the offense. At this point we have a Pro Bowl, QB, RB, and WR.....the OL is totally re-done, and we have an offensive coach, the offense will be tight.

The defense on the other hand is full of question marks....I dont really know who the starters even are, haha

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

1. Get ready to run.

At least we've had a pretty mild summer so far...

RIP Stylish
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
Im most curious about the defense.

I have total confidence in the offense. At this point we have a Pro Bowl, QB, RB, and WR.....the OL is totally re-done, and we have an offensive coach, the offense will be tight.

The defense on the other hand is full of question marks....I dont really know who the starters even are, haha

I think the D will continue to roll this year…Lovie & Rod leaving were massive losses and Urlacher & Idonije not being their also hurts the leadership but we still have plenty of key players playing at a high level even if they are the wrong side of 30…Peppers, Briggs & Tillman have shown no sign of slowing down…we still have an elite UT in Melton and an emerging talent in Wootton add in McClellin going into his 2nd year and a rotation of Paea & Ellis the Dline should still be dominant…at LB I think we are hoping Bostic wins out at MLB to give us a new long term leader but even if he doesn’t we still have experience in DJ Williams to step in and go…the fact both Bostic & Williams both have the skill set to play SLB is another strength and even at SLB we have James Anderson who when he was healthy was one of the best in the NFL…add in the depth that Greene, Thomas and Castanzo add and we are set there…at CB we have Jennings coming off a career year and two of the better young safeties in the league in Conte & Wright…we also get Hardin back who will give us depth and a ST presence…Steltz has always been solid and now Zbikowski adds more competition…my biggest concern is the lack of depth at CB but even at that Hayden & Bowman has starting experience…I think we are deeper going into this season that we were last year even with the losses of Urlacher, Idonije, Roach & Moore…

Add all that up with a DC who is adapting to the D that Lovie left and we should be able to keep playing at a really high level before seeing investment in the D next offseason.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My concern is not with the D.

Lets hope they do not need to be as good because the offense is not Lovie level of incompetent.
Pinky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

1. Get ready to run.

Wait...what?!
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinky wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

1. Get ready to run.

Wait...what?!

Windy played under Trestman in the CFL, I think. He was an OL-man.

RIP Stylish
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
Pinky wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

1. Get ready to run.

Wait...what?!

Windy played under Trestman in the CFL, I think. He was an OL-man.

Wow didnt know that...he is a pretty knowledgeable poster though

Im certain just by sheer number we have at least a few former players

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm gonna go down for TC this year (never been) - anyone have any suggestions on where to go in scenic Bourbonnais for a good burger after the morning practice?

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
I think I'm gonna go down for TC this year (never been) - anyone have any suggestions on where to go in scenic Bourbonnais for a good burger after the morning practice?

I can't speak for burgers, but if you're taking the kids there's a Dairy Queen right across the street if you want to get them some ice cream after TC.

Also, you're coming from the western suburbs, right? If you're going I-355 south to I-80 east, it's not worth going all the way east to I-57. Jump off of 80 at LaGrange/Rt45 and head south. The school is on Rt45 anyway and once you're south of Rt30 it's all farmland so there will be no traffic, few stop signs and the speed limit is 55MPH for most of that stretch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 1 of 32

Jump to: