Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Green Bay's Top 22 for 2013 #9

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is #9?
Sam Shields
47%
 47%  [ 16 ]
James Jones
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Datone Jones
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
JerMichael Finley
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
A.J. Hawk
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Morgan Burnett
32%
 32%  [ 11 ]
T.J. Lang
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ryan Pickett
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Tramon Williams
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nick Perry
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 34

badgers0821

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Green Bay's Top 22 for 2013 #9 Reply with quote

"Everybody brings their own ish to the question imho. For me the question changes after our two undeniable superstars are tagged #1 and #2. Go back to last year's thread and Woodson was ranked way, way higher than he should have been just because he got love for his career and presence. That wasn't wrong, it was just career appreciation for a Hall of Famer.

For me, I sometimes cheat and get the beat going for a player I'd like to see get ranked higher than he might otherwise go. I agree with Bulaga winning the spot right now, but I'm pushing Datone out of the belief that he will make the entire defense better than it was last year.

Long story short, use your own rules, use different rules when you want, and have fun arguing your position."

-blueswedeshoes

Take a second to explain why you picked who you picked.

Just as a reminder I will run these polls for one day. If there still is not a clear winner I will run it longer. Vote away!

1. Aaron Rodgers (100%)
2. Clay Matthews (100%)
3. Randall Cobb (48%)
4. B.J. Raji (44%)
5. Bryan Bulaga (46%)
6. Josh Sitton (61%)
7. Jordy Nelson (30%)
8. Casey Hayward (33%)
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty clear there is no consensus after the first six. Still don't know how the only young, talented safety the Pack has that everyone knows can start is still unpicked. This defense is not going to take a step forward unless Burnett keeps ascending as a player. The importance of a real safety in this defense cannot be overstated. Anyone comfortable with starting Jennings and McMillian? Hopefully less comfortable than starting House or Shields over Heyward and T-Will.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this has to be Burnett, and I'm one of his bigger critics. Shields was promising his rookie year, and then on the brink of being jettisoned after his sophomore campaign before playing extremely well this year. I think he need to prove himself a bit more before we call him one of our top ten players.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
I think this has to be Burnett, and I'm one of his bigger critics. Shields was promising his rookie year, and then on the brink of being jettisoned after his sophomore campaign before playing extremely well this year. I think he need to prove himself a bit more before we call him one of our top ten players.

He was?
blueswedeshoes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:

I feel this way about Shields also. I hope he goes to work feeling like he knows exactly what to do this season, and I hope he makes himself into real star in the league starting Game 1 2013.

And I do remember he regressed to the point of not seeing the field much in his second year.

I thought he was maturing last year, so Sam sucking would be more surprising than Sam being awesome.

I still think Datone will do his thing in pass rush and make the whole defense better right now right away. Burnett and Shield's jobs just got three fourths of a second easier.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on last year - James Jones. If healthy - Tramon Williams.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with J-mike. He's getting the backlash from previous over hype at this point. He had a very productive season last year and there is no reason to think he won't repeat it this season.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we need Burnette but is he a better player than Sam? Think

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I went with J-mike. He's getting the backlash from previous over hype at this point. He had a very productive season last year and there is no reason to think he won't repeat it this season.

I would go Finlay here.

Rodgers is running out of targets, Nelson has an iffy hamstring, Finlay can be a difference maker and in a contract year.

But tactically voted Burnett because Finlay is out of the running and Burnett is more important than Shields.
badgers0821

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go Burnett because of his importance and leadership. We need him to step up in the back end of the defense. I agree Shields may be a better player/athlete but he isn't as important to our success as Burnett.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: