Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SFFMD 2013: Quest for a Champion (VOTING IS NOW OPEN!!!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: SFFMD 2013: Quest for a Champion (VOTING IS NOW OPEN!!!) Reply with quote

DO NOT SEND VOTES UNTIL INSTRUCTED!!!!

Pardon the cheesy a$$ title.

Anyway, we will soon begin looking into crowning champion.

Ive considered many avenues for this...and NOTHING is really set it stone yet, but I figured I could put down what I am thinking, and if anyone wants to add to it or change something, I am open to it. I am not promising to accept all ideas, but Im open to anything.

The goal is to find a way to find a fun and fair way to crown a champion. Poll voting for this is stupid IMO....mainly because GMs can vote for themselves and possibly get others to vote for just them. Im not saying anyone here would do that (*cough* keth...cheater *cough*) but I think there is a better way to go about it.

This is how I am looking at it right now...

First off, there will be TWO separate (maybe) voting periods and champions.d

SSFMD 13 Preseason Paper Champion - Sounds alot worse than it is, but its a title to hold us over until the actual season plays out.

Official SSFMD 13 Champion - Crowned after the 2013 NFL season, when we have something to base everything...primarily off of 2013 performances.

On top of that, we will have subcatergories for fun....

Best Passing Game
Best Running Game
Best Overall Offense
Best Run D
Best Pass D
Best Overall Defense
Best Coaching Staff
Best Potential Dynasty - Team with best young talent and potential

If you have any ideas for other categories, let me know...but Im only going to add 2 more...3 at most.

As far as how voting goes...

Arrow Everyone will WRITE IN their votes, via PM.
Arrow ANYONE can vote.
Arrow SFFMD GMs can only vote for the other 9 teams. Any GM who votes for themselves will be castrated.
Arrow Outside voters can vote for all 10 teams
Arrow All outside voters must have at least 1000 posts to vote. I have my reasons for this rule.
Arrow Please be objective and vote only on teams....not based on your preferences for other posters. None of us like WardHOF, but we have to put our hate for him aside for now.
Arrow If you dont vote me first, dont bother trying to sign up next year.

Okay...the last was a joke....maybe.

Anyway....all write ins will be sent to me, and and I will tally up the winners.

Scoring will be done this way....

Arrow For champion, Each voter will vote for their top FIVE teams.
Each 1st place vote = 5 points
2nd = 4 points
3rd = 3
4th = 2
5th = 1

After the voting period ends, points for all teams will be tallied and a champion will be crowned.

Arrow For the other awards, vote for your top 3 only.
Arrow VOTE FOR ALL CATEGORIES OR NONE AT ALL!

That is it for now. If you have any suggestions, let me know. Nothing is finalized.

Last edited by FourThreeMafia on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me..Will be be doing the same voting process at the end of the season as we do at the beginning of the season?

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:
Looks good to me..Will be be doing the same voting process at the end of the season as we do at the beginning of the season?

Well, AFTER the season, we MAY just do voting for a champion, as opposed to all categories.

But the process will be the same.
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So can we start sending in our votes?

FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:

Were the big, bold, red letters at the top of my first post not clear?

Laughing Wink
Neumatic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent my votes in.

I keeed I keeeeeeed Wink

Jamison. on the sig
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:

Were the big, bold, red letters at the top of my first post not clear?

Laughing Wink

whoops

Embarassed

FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, apparently, no one has any feedback.

Im not rushing this though, but if no one says anything in the next couple days, Im going to assume everyone is okay with it and move on.
95lloyd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im ok with it especially considering we have the best roster.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
So, apparently, no one has any feedback.

Im not rushing this though, but if no one says anything in the next couple days, Im going to assume everyone is okay with it and move on.

I like it. Good idea overall. Maybe add best special teams and best pass rush or something.
treat88

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For each category each team should receive a score of 1-10, since there are 10 teams. 10 being the best, 1 being the worst.

The team with the most total points wins.

Might help eliminate some of the personal biases involved, i.e. I like rooks so team X is my favorite and make folks look at all aspects of each team. Also makes things a little more specific than just rating on a best to worst scale.

More work for sure, but hell we spent weeks drafting these teams. a few minutes to think it out to determine the champ shouldnt be asking much.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
95lloyd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like treat's suggestion
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: SFFMD 2013: Quest for a Champion Discussion Reply with quote

why?

because I am stuck on 24-hour duty again. that's why.

my own irrelevant comments on each team:

43Mafia:

Coaching staff: Norv is at OC where he belongs. Vic Fangio is a bit of a mismatch, as he has been pretty bad in 4-3's and his success came with the Panthers (Kevin Greene era) and obvious now with the 49ers. Not buying the 3-4 alignment, but when the 4-3 is this good, I don't think it'll matter, especially with Bili Beli as HC

Passing Game: Drew Brees throwing to a pair of big WRs in DeThomas and Bowe, along with a speedster in Tavon Austin who should be quite good. Witten is going downhill but he's still excellent, and either Martellus Bennett or Fred Davis should make for an excellent 2nd TE. I like the move of Albert to LG. If Eric Wood can stay healthy and Snee has another season in him, this is a pretty good OL

Running Game: Well, not a real huge fan. Chris Johnson needs to find his nu!sack and remember that he's a football player. Johnson's dangerous, even if his balls have crawled back inside. No fullback to be spoken of, and one proven runner. Of course, that one runner is a home run threat, so at "worst", he is a RB version of Mike Wallace.

OL: Obviously quite good. quick-footed on the left side, road graders on the right side. Don't be surprised if Blalock ends up being the "RG" for you.

Front 7: As I mentioned earlier, not buying the 3-4, mainly because the OLBs aren't there. However, the 4-3 is just painfully sick. Tough to move Watt from the left side, but who cares. He's JJ Watt. I like Arthur Brown to beat out Ryans as a WLB because Ryans is a MLB who has gotten slow, and Brown is an ideal run-n-chase guy. Great picks with Greenway and Harrison at SLB

Secondary: A lot of boom/bust potential there. If Webb comes back from injury, Moore can stay healthy, and Rhodes develops, this could be a helluva secondary.

Blitzburgh Stilerz:

Coaching staff: McCarthy and Clements reunite on offense, and Jack Del Rio reuintes with Von Miller as the centerpiece on his variation of the 4-3 hybrid with Von Miller. They match pretty well, reasonably happy with this.

Passing Game: If we assume Russell Wilson is for real, then him throwing to the big bodies in Dez, Colston, and Boldin (plus Dobson) flanked with the speed demons in Givens and Hilton should open things up underneath for Tony Gonzalez who has the fountain of youth and Jermaine Gresham. Reggie Bush and Marcel Reece are extremely good out of the backfield, and who knows? Perhaps this is the year that Tony Romo puts his talent to good use.

Running Game: Unknown. Will Bush repeat his time in Miami or relive his time on Bourbon Street? Are the unproven rookie/2nd year guy going to blow up this year (I obviously think/hope so). Only real 'known' here is that Marcel Reece is a stud.

OL: Insanely happy here. If Carl Nicks heals up, this is easily the best OG combo. I like Kalil, Glenn, and Schwartz as 2nd year guys (and they were quite good as first year guys). A certain degree of 'unknown' though as Iupati and Montgomery are the "senior" members behind Carl Nicks. Could be insanely dominant, or the young guys could suffer a sophomore slump

Front 7: well, I'm quite confident that I can suffer injuries to my top 3 defensive draft choices and still field an excellent 3-4 or 4-3. I'm 2 or 3 deep at almost every position with experience (Jared Allen, Paul Poz, Derrick Johnson) and youth.

Secondary: 2 of the best cover CBs in Flowers and Finnegan plus Eric Weddle, coupled with Mark Barron's hammer. Tarell Brown is a good backup and he or Prince can step in and let Finnegan move to the slot if necessary.

steelcurtain29 Hollywood Stars:

Coaching staff: I would bet my left nut that Shanahan would tell Harbaugh to take a flying leap. Good guys, and especially Harbaugh paired with Andrew Luck. Not updated, so no DC listed.

Passing game: Luck (with Rivers as a 'backup') should do well. The problem is the receiving corps is pretty bad (for this type of league). Crabtree and Miller's health really hurt this squad, especially alongside Miles Austin, the 1400-yard guy who spends half his snaps on the bench. Brandon Lloyd is sitll unsigned. I do like Coby Fleener a ton and I think Mike Williams is a good possession WR so overall, still pretty solid

Running game: Marshawn Lynch behind Vonta Leach is sick, but no real 3rd down RB. Lynch isn't exactly sticky-fingers, but who cares? A hammer following a hammer!

OL: well, a powerhouse OL with the wrong guy at OC. Shannie is, always has been, and probably always will be a zone guy up front, and this OL screams power man. No worries, they'll figure it out. Talent always does.

Front 7: 3-4 all the way here. Don't be surprised if Ahtyba Rubin shows more at DE than Seymour in a 3-4 now. If Beason and Smith can stay healthy, that is one nasty LB corps

Secondary: this will either be a monster secondary or a crash and burn secondary. If we assume everybody stays healthy and plays to their potential, this could be frightening.

the whicked ckock (Steel city mayhem):

Coaching staff: eh...already voiced my question about Payton playing under Tomlin, considering he's won a SB more recently, but it's all good. great guys who match the personnel

Passing game: Aaron Rodgers is no good. His WR corps will carry him. *ahem* No real big guy for the red zone, but so what? I do like Allen and think he's a bit better than folks realize. Rodgers is one of those QBs who basically needs some warm bodies and he'll succeed.

Running game: well, Rice/Pierce means the Ravens' running game, buoyed by Stevan Ridley. No FB though is a bit of a downgrade.

OL: the offensive line is better than the formatting. Smile I'm a big Okung fan, and good depth at OT with Andre Smith, Orlando Franklin and JOeckel. Yanda's a RG all the way, but he and Boone can get the job done, with good depth in Sims. Big Alex Mack fan. No weaknesses on this OL

Front 7: Wade Phillips is your DC. Dont' bother with the 4-3, it won't happen. I'm a bit wary of Spencer to be honest. If Clemons is healthy, I think he'd beat Spencer out. My only real concern up front is coverage from the ILBs. All 4 are classic thumpers, but all are, arguably, 2-down LBs

Secondary: This is going to be one of those "kill or get killed" secondaries. Clark and Ward are big hitters, Jenkins and Peterson are big play guys who will give up several TDs, but probably end up scoring a few themselves. Pray like heck your safeties don't get injured (and that you don't play in Denver) or you'll be converting your CBs to play safety. Both Rhodes and Mikell are UFAs now

Ward4HOF Spinal Tap

Coaching staff: Lukewarm on the coaching staff, although I do think they are guys who would fit together fairly well.

Passing game: Biggest issue I see is that Cam and Eli couldn't possibly be more different. Totally different offenses based on who is the guy. The problem will be the WRs. You'll need Lance Moore and Jeremy Kerley to have career seasons, or perhaps Cordarrelle Patterson to have a big rookie season, because you're lacking in talent otherwise. *blink*

Running game: If McFadden is healthy, then BOOM! If not, Charles and McCoy should be able to get the job done. Speed and then some, just some injury issues (possibly).

OL: Beastly offensive line, nice combination of versatility and size and quickness. I'm also a big fan of Veldheer, obviously.

Front 7: very nice hybrid, guys that can go in both the 3-4 and 4-3. Atkins is the best player on that defense, and Charles Johnson is probably 2nd, so this is a primarily 403 with some darn good 3-4 players. Well done. Good depth to play either a 4-3 or a 3-4

Secondary: Tillman has always been a good player but he obviously had his career year in 2012. Carr is a bit underrated I think, and there's some definite and solid depth at both safety and CB.

bigben07MVP Tallahassee Blazers

Coaching staff: ehh...not a fan of Reid, Garrett got fired from his duties, and Pees was always the "2nd wheel". Ah well, just coaches.

Passing game: I'm a huge RGIII fan and if he comes back healthy, then BAM. Beastly. He has the arm to get the ball downfield to speedsters Wallace, Ford, and Johnson, and Cruz in the slot along with a pair of good receiving TEs make for a wicked combo. The WRs aren't exactly reliable-handed, but with their speed, they aren't really going to need reliable hands. They're reliable enough to pull defenses away from the line of scrimmage. Of course, the problem with that is....

Running game: Adrian Peterson. Jerome Felton. MJD. It's not tough enough dealing with Adrian Peterson and a stud blocking back like Jerome Felton, but MJD if healthy is a beastly 3rd down RB, and with the offensive line healthy, that is pretty nasty. However, injuries could really derail this offense, especially with both Levitre and Peters coming off some serious injury issues, and with some pretty poor depth behind them. However, thi sis Adrian Peterson we're talking about.

OL: Brown and Pouncey are studs. Mankins used to be good but he is now just a guy, and both Levitre and Peters have some injury concerns. Behind them, some pretty middling talent at backups. If healthy, this line is nasty.

Front 7: I'd restructure that 3-4 up front, with Soliai flanked by Ngata and Keisel/McDonald. I like the ILBs but I'm not quite sure about Michael Johnson as a standard 3-4 OLB. I think this is a 4-3 team, and a darn good one at that.

Secondary: good CBs with some experience and depth. I'd be a bit worried at strong safety, as Landry tends to get nicked up and all of the safeties are rather notoriously poor in coverage, but the defense is still solid

Waffles' predatorsp

Coaching staff: pretty good guys obviously. Good fits as well. Ryan and harbaugh reunited. Kubiak is more of a zone guy and that offensive line isn't exactly zone-friendly, but no worries

Passing game: Ben gets not only 1 big guy but 2, with Julio Jones and Brandon Marshall, then he gets his deep threat with DeSean Jackson, and his slot guys with Welker and Holmes. Nice! TEs are boom/bust, but no worries

running game: Power running game here. Kubiak's not really the guy for these runners, but no matter, Roll Tide Roll!

OL: Put D'Brick back at LT, and move Long to right tackle. if Kalil is healthy, I like this OL.

Front 7: I think odrick could end up beating out Dockett. Ratliff is more of a penetrating DT, he's not the long type to play DE in a 3-4. Pass rush is ugly, just ugly, and if Cush is healthy, that is a nasty LB corps.

Secondary: Hall and Joseph are reunited, although I like Talib as well. free safety is an issue though, becuase Griffin is bad, Reed is done. I'd move Woodson to FS to be honest.

Smiling Dispositions

coaching staff: Meh.

Passing game: Peyton's not half bad. VJax is a big, fast downfield threat, and Wayne is old faithful. Maclin add ssome speed and Amendola adds the slot. Olsen and Pitta make for solid TEs in the passing game. Not spectacular but consistent and well rounded. Tebow is the wildcard. Very Happy

Running game: If 2012 repeats itself, the Dispositions are going to have a helluva running game. Sproles and Martin both can take on the 3rd down RB role.

OL: A good group with some very nice depth and experience.

Front 7: a bit of a mishmash of talent. Justin Houston and Mario Williams would be the DEs in a 4-3, or the OLBs in a Phillips' 3-4, except Lovie is a Tampa-2 guy all the way. melton and Hardy are guys knocking on the door and I could see them breaking out. Biggest problem is that Lofton is NOT a coverage LB, which is kinda crucial for this type of defense. Allen is a solid SLB and I really like David as a classic Tampa WLB. Who knows? Maybe London Fletcher has another year in him?

Secondary: Well if Revis is healthy and Sherman can avoid getting caught again, this is a nasty, nasty secondary, easily the best in our little league here. Stevie Brown won't be repeating his 2012 but otherwise, this is a really ugly looking secondary

Tittsburgh Feelers

coaching staff: basically the 2008 Steelers with Coughlin instead of Tomlin. Obviously makes for a good combo, although I'm far from a Bruce Arians fan

Passing Attack: well, 2 strong armed QBs throwing ot deep threats? That sounds like a Bruce Arians' offense. AJ Green + AJohn + the rest = nasty. Then add in Jimmy Graham and Owen Daniels? REAL nasty.

Running attack: There's a FB AND an H-Back. Bruce Arians would have issues with his high blood pressure. Can't argue with the personnel here though, not at all.

OL: strength and youth all along the OL. Definitely has the looks of a run blocking OL more than a pass blocking one, but the young guys' pass pro will improve after the run blocking

Front 7:Definitely like Calais Campbell and the other 3 DEs straddling a pair of potential space-eaters at NT, and then Orakpo and Kerrigan are proven OLBs, I think Graham makes hte switch solidly. Worilds is...a wasted pick. Love the combo of Hightower as thumper and Sean Lee/Wesley Woodyard as the macks. Larry Foote is there for some reason too

Secondary: obviously ideal CB selections, and Byrd + Jones = a wicked combo with Vaccaro providing the youth (not that Byrd and Jones are ancient). Solid team all around.

LC's Hollywood Bags II

coaching staff: very interesting picks...Mike Zimmer is more of a straight forward 4-3 guy than Carroll, but the pairing of Carroll and Kelley... Very Happy

Passing game: crappy QBs throwing to crappy TEs. Yeah. TE dominance is offset somewhat by the possibility that none of the WRs will play more than 12 games. If they are all healthy, it ends up an embarrassment of riches. Speaking of embarrassing, the TE situation here is ridiculous, especially if Gronk plays all season.

Run game: Well, who cares, really? CJ Spiller provides some explosiveness, and SJax some muscle. Not a fan of the other 3, but again, who cares?

OL: a little dangerous at the OT position, as Vollmer, as good as he is, tends to miss games, and ...I just realized Eric Fisher is in the wrong place. So between Lane Johnson and Eric Fisher, one of them will be outstanding at RT. OG is looking light though. Mathis is a stud but kinda risky otherwise, and Brady needs his time. Of course, if Brady gets kilt, then Kaepnerik can kiss his biceps all season long running around like a fool, slinging the ball around and running for 800 yards in the season

Front 7: DEs are 'freaks anonymous', but the question is, will they show up consistently? I like the pairing of McCoy and Brockers quite a bit but depth is hurting here, as Bennett is a bit light in the pants to be a DT and is more speed and length than strength and leverage

Secondary: Nice mix of youth and freakish athleticism along with the experience that Winfield provides in the slot. Also a fan of the Cyprien pick at safety and wouldn't be surprised if he outplays Branch
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: SFFMD 2013: Quest for a Champion Discussion Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:

Coaching staff: eh...already voiced my question about Payton playing under Tomlin, considering he's won a SB more recently, but it's all good. great guys who match the personnel

Yeah, like I said before. I would understand that logic if there was 32 of us drafting, and we were doing interview processes etc, but with only 10 teams, there's only 30 total coaching positions available. And with us drafting coaches as opposed to actually hiring coaches like in real life, Payton has no less choice to be our OC than any player has playing for the team he is drafted by. So looking at it the way we did, I'm not sure I ever understood your dislike for that pick. Payton running an Aaron Rodgers led spread offense = lethal.

Passing game: Aaron Rodgers is no good. His WR corps will carry him. *ahem* No real big guy for the red zone, but so what? I do like Allen and think he's a bit better than folks realize. Rodgers is one of those QBs who basically needs some warm bodies and he'll succeed.

Yeah, I wanted to wait til the later rounds to draft Rodgers, but wwhickok wanted him early, so we took him #1. Personally, I was torn between him and Charlie Batch! I really love how our WR corps came together. There's a ton of playmaking ability there, including Rodgers' two favorite targets.

Running game: well, Rice/Pierce means the Ravens' running game, buoyed by Stevan Ridley. No FB though is a bit of a downgrade.

Running the spread, we didn't really feel the need for a FB. We considered Leach a couple times, but ultimately passed for other positions. I love Rice's ability in the passing game as well, and with Yanda up in front of him, he has the familiarity with one of the best run blockers in the game.

OL: the offensive line is better than the formatting. Smile I'm a big Okung fan, and good depth at OT with Andre Smith, Orlando Franklin and JOeckel. Yanda's a RG all the way, but he and Boone can get the job done, with good depth in Sims. Big Alex Mack fan. No weaknesses on this OL

I like how this came together as well. We missed out on a couple guys we wanted, namely Anthony Davis and .....damnit, the OG from Green Bay who's name escapes me right now and i'm too lazy to go look it up. But I felt like we did a solid job on the OL. I could've sworn I had Yanda at RG on the depth chart I sent wwhickok. He will be there for the presentation. He is our RG.

Front 7: Wade Phillips is your DC. Dont' bother with the 4-3, it won't happen. I'm a bit wary of Spencer to be honest. If Clemons is healthy, I think he'd beat Spencer out. My only real concern up front is coverage from the ILBs. All 4 are classic thumpers, but all are, arguably, 2-down LBs

I put the 4-3 in there just for fun, but in reality, all defenses at some point will roll with 4 down linemen, so it was important to see what it would look like. I think Spencer would be fine, especially on the left side. At ILB, you know how I love those bangers in the middle! Definitely Spikes and Johnson will be our thumpers. I think Ellerbe can play the mack. He has the athletism to track down the ball. Burfict is still young. I think he might be best as a 4-3 Mike, or maybe a SLB, but I think he's a decent option to back up Ellerbe.

Secondary: This is going to be one of those "kill or get killed" secondaries. Clark and Ward are big hitters, Jenkins and Peterson are big play guys who will give up several TDs, but probably end up scoring a few themselves. Pray like heck your safeties don't get injured (and that you don't play in Denver) or you'll be converting your CBs to play safety. Both Rhodes and Mikell are UFAs now

I was a little concerned about our secondary as the draft went on, we were getting in the mid rounds and only had Peterson. But I think they came together nicely. I'm not worried about our safeties. I'm not sure how everyone else was drafting, but we were looking at building a team that would take the field, not what they will do this year with their current teams, so Mikell and Rhodes being FA's didn't bother me. Both are solid backups. Plus we got Jamar Taylor, so I'm happy! Very Happy

I'm happy with how it came out for us though. On top of all that, we have Peterson and Cobb in the return game, which could be deadly. Nice job with the analysis though. Looking forward to see who comes out on top!

Go Noles!
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Re: SFFMD 2013: Quest for a Champion Discussion Reply with quote

KJtheWicked wrote:
kethnaab wrote:

Yeah, like I said before. I would understand that logic if there was 32 of us drafting, and we were doing interview processes etc, but with only 10 teams, there's only 30 total coaching positions available. And with us drafting coaches as opposed to actually hiring coaches like in real life, Payton has no less choice to be our OC than any player has playing for the team he is drafted by. So looking at it the way we did, I'm not sure I ever understood your dislike for that pick. Payton running an Aaron Rodgers led spread offense = lethal.

ah I suppose. It's an understandable way to look at it, 'drafting' rather than 'hiring'.

I like how this came together as well. We missed out on a couple guys we wanted, namely Anthony Davis and .....damnit, the OG from Green Bay who's name escapes me right now Josh Sitton, I presume? and i'm too lazy to go look it up. But I felt like we did a solid job on the OL. I could've sworn I had Yanda at RG on the depth chart I sent wwhickok. He will be there for the presentation. He is our RG.

I was a little concerned about our secondary as the draft went on, we were getting in the mid rounds and only had Peterson. But I think they came together nicely. I'm not worried about our safeties. I'm not sure how everyone else was drafting, but we were looking at building a team that would take the field, not what they will do this year with their current teams, so Mikell and Rhodes being FA's didn't bother me. Both are solid backups. Plus we got Jamar Taylor, so I'm happy! Very Happy I do like Jamar Taylor, but I think that if Mikell or Rhodes are "forced" into action this year for your roster and they never end up on a team, that'll probably weigh against you

I'm happy with how it came out for us though. On top of all that, we have Peterson and Cobb in the return game, which could be deadly. Nice job with the analysis though. Looking forward to see who comes out on top!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: