Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How dumb is this fantasy league setting?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 82439
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: How dumb is this fantasy league setting? Reply with quote

A friend of mine wants to do a fantasy football league that is:

Standard scoring, BUT

1 point per completion
1 point per reception

BUT

NOTHING for carries.


So if you pick at the back end, you are screwed because if you miss out on an elite QB that throws alot, you are going to lose. He did it last year and i predicted that the guys who complete the most passes will be the QBs in the playoffs and i got all 4 right!

Isn't that really dumb?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MoJo122-b-21


Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 6439
Location: Not London!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: How dumb is this fantasy league setting? Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
A friend of mine wants to do a fantasy football league that is:

Standard scoring, BUT

1 point per completion
1 point per reception

BUT

NOTHING for carries.


So if you pick at the back end, you are screwed because if you miss out on an elite QB that throws alot, you are going to lose. He did it last year and i predicted that the guys who complete the most passes will be the QBs in the playoffs and i got all 4 right!

Isn't that really dumb?


He's probably a big Roger Goodell fan...
_________________
GopherWrestler knows his way around a sig...

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 82439
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: How dumb is this fantasy league setting? Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
A friend of mine wants to do a fantasy football league that is:

Standard scoring, BUT

1 point per completion
1 point per reception

BUT

NOTHING for carries.


So if you pick at the back end, you are screwed because if you miss out on an elite QB that throws alot, you are going to lose. He did it last year and i predicted that the guys who complete the most passes will be the QBs in the playoffs and i got all 4 right!

Isn't that really dumb?


He's probably a big Roger Goodell fan...


Seems so dumb though, if you dont get a Top-5 QB, you better hope you get someone like Roethlisberger last year who threw alot of high % passes
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
babyatemydingo


Joined: 15 Jan 2007
Posts: 6857
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QUICK!
Who led the league in completions last year?


Did you say Matt Stafford?
He led with 435.
Tony Romo was 2nd with 425.

Aaron Rodgers was 7th with 371.
Robert Griffin was 23rd with a mere 258.
Russell Wilson was 25th with 252.

It is not going to be a matter of getting a top QB.
Actually, it will bring more parity to the QB position.

As far as PPR goes it is a pretty standard format in many leagues.
However, PPC is not.

You just have to adjust your evaluation metrics a bit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MoJo122-b-21


Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 6439
Location: Not London!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: How dumb is this fantasy league setting? Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
A friend of mine wants to do a fantasy football league that is:

Standard scoring, BUT

1 point per completion
1 point per reception

BUT

NOTHING for carries.


So if you pick at the back end, you are screwed because if you miss out on an elite QB that throws alot, you are going to lose. He did it last year and i predicted that the guys who complete the most passes will be the QBs in the playoffs and i got all 4 right!

Isn't that really dumb?


He's probably a big Roger Goodell fan...


Seems so dumb though, if you dont get a Top-5 QB, you better hope you get someone like Roethlisberger last year who threw alot of high % passes


I like using completions for points, but only as .5 with a minus .5 for incompletions. That way, an accurate quarterback can get a little bonus for being over 50%.

But those rules basically mke your league and Arena League.
_________________
GopherWrestler knows his way around a sig...

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 82439
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="babyatemydingo"]QUICK!
Who led the league in completions last year?


Did you say Matt Stafford?
He led with 435.
Tony Romo was 2nd with 425.quote]

I did actually, he always throws a ton like Brees, no one throws like those 2
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group