Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Could Chris Cooley be an option in New England?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Could Chris Cooley be an option in New England? Reply with quote

I saw an article about options the Pats will have for tight end now that Gronk is hurt and Hernandez is gone. I was thinking maybe they could they could go after Cooley.

What do you guys think?

It could be a good deal for Cooley to get to play with Brady and make it on a post season run.

Last edited by turtle28 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:40 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Could Chris Cooley be an option in New England? Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I saw an article about options the Pats will have for tight end now that Gronk is hurt and Hernandez is gone that they could go after Cooley.

What do you guys think?

It could be a good deal for Cooley to get to play with Brady and make it on a post season run.

We wouldn't get much value from them. I say at best especially the team being NE we would get at best a 6th round pick.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Could Chris Cooley be an option in New England? Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I saw an article about options the Pats will have for tight end now that Gronk is hurt and Hernandez is gone that they could go after Cooley.

What do you guys think?

We wouldn't get much value from them. I say at best especially the team being NE we would get at best a 6th round pick.
chris Cooley isn't with us. He's a free agent.

Just thought since nothing is going on we could talk about the possibility of him ending up in NE
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Could Chris Cooley be an option in New England? Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

What do you guys think?

chris Cooley isn't with us. He's a free agent.

Just thought since nothing is going on we could talk about the possibility of him ending up in NE

OK. Thought we had brung him back at, my bad.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C C is more DONE than Paula Deen !!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Marcus21

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooley sadly couldnt beat out Paul or Paulson for playing tme. Im not sure he would be much help for the Pats.....
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Cooley sadly couldnt beat out Paul or Paulson for playing tme. Im not sure he would be much help for the Pats.....

was gonna just answer Nope...

but you made a good point.. on the other hand, how fast does TEbow run?
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Cooley was cut in Sept last year because of money.

2. I'd say Cooley, and Paulsen were on an equal playing field last year in camp and preseason. Again, if Cooley and Paulsen are equal, one is 3 million dollars cheaper and 5 years older, you keep the younger option. Then, Paulsen is a better blocker than Cooley and with Davis' deficiencies as a blocker, the team needed to have a good blocking tight end and that's why Paulsen made it over Cooley.

3. Cooley made it over Paul again mainly because of $$. Paul is a very fast tight end who's a good blocker on the move. Lastly, Paul is a good special teams player and that is something that Cooley has never done since his rookie season.

So now that we have the reasons why Cooley didn't make the 2012 Redskins Roster, lets fast forward to the reasons he "Could" be an option for the Patriots.

1. The patriots lost their #1 TE to back surgery and their 2nd TE to jail. Jake Ballard is back after missing last season with a torn Acl. They have the blocking TE in Michael Hoomanawanui and a rookie Zack Sudfeld who could be like A Logan Paulsen type for them.

2. Cooley is now a cheap veteran who won't cause any problems in the club house.

3. Cooley is a smart, savvy player with good hands. He can get open and be reliable for Brady. Even if he's not the fastest, he can get open and knows how to. Cooley was never the fastest or most athletic anyways, so that's nothing new.

Maybe it won't happen, maybe Cooley is damaged goods in the NFL now. I think their is a possibility that Cooley gets an invite to work out with the Pats though.
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

2. I'd say Cooley, and Paulsen were on an equal playing field last year in camp and preseason. Again, if Cooley and Paulsen are equal, one is 3 million dollars cheaper and 5 years older, you keep the younger option. Then, Paulsen is a better blocker than Cooley and with Davis' deficiencies as a blocker, the team needed to have a good blocking tight end and that's why Paulsen made it over Cooley.

3. Cooley made it over Paul again mainly because of $$. Paul is a very fast tight end who's a good blocker on the move. Lastly, Paul is a good special teams player and that is something that Cooley has never done since his rookie season.

So now that we have the reasons why Cooley didn't make the 2012 Redskins Roster, lets fast forward to the reasons he "Could" be an option for the Patriots.

1. The patriots lost their #1 TE to back surgery and their 2nd TE to jail. Jake Ballard is back after missing last season with a torn Acl. They have the blocking TE in Michael Hoomanawanui and a rookie Zack Sudfeld who could be like A Logan Paulsen type for them.

2. Cooley is now a cheap veteran who won't cause any problems in the club house.

3. Cooley is a smart, savvy player with good hands. He can get open and be reliable for Brady. Even if he's not the fastest, he can get open and knows how to. Cooley was never the fastest or most athletic anyways, so that's nothing new.

Maybe it won't happen, maybe Cooley is damaged goods in the NFL now. I think their is a possibility that Cooley gets an invite to work out with the Pats though.

Cooley was on the team last year with Paulson and Paul and could get any significant playing time. I give you the fact that Cooley is a savy vet. I just dont see him being able to contribute in NE. Im sure money had a part to play in Cooley being cut last year, but there was also the fact that his production droped WWWWAAAAAYYYYYY off. Im not trying to bash Cooley. He was one of my very favorite Redskins of all time. I just dont think there is alot left in the tank!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Cooley was on the team last year with Paulson and Paul and could get any significant playing time. I give you the fact that Cooley is a savy vet. I just dont see him being able to contribute in NE. Im sure money had a part to play in Cooley being cut last year, but there was also the fact that his production droped WWWWAAAAAYYYYYY off. Im not trying to bash Cooley. He was one of my very favorite Redskins of all time. I just dont think there is alot left in the tank!
Oh ok. Yeah, good point. It's Paulsen though, not Paulson...

David Paulson plays for the Steelers. Logan Paulsen, plays for the Redskins. Wink
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

David Paulson plays for the Steelers. Logan Paulsen, plays for the Redskins. Wink

I can't believe u wasted your life to correct my spelling. Do u feel I should correct u every time your i phone auto corrects u? Esp when u know what I mean!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I can't believe u wasted your life to correct my spelling. Do u feel I should correct u every time your i phone auto corrects u? Esp when u know what I mean!
It's all in fun man, calm down. I just wanted you to know, in case you didn't know. Sorry and that's why I put the Wink
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that the Patriots have had over a week now to sign Cooley if they wanted to, I think it's safe to close this up. Should that change, we can revisit the topic.

Personally, I think Cooley is happy where he is.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: