Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

= Merc's 9th Annual Fin Forum Fantasy Football League =
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jaytotha


Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Posts: 4438
Location: Spokane Valley, Wa
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
The last 3 years I have hoped to get in this...... Love how dedicated everyone is year after year


Hey Jay, thanks for your patience. Sorry about the wait and that's why I elected to stop adding to the waiting list. For what its worth, here is the waiting list I have on file, and will still use but won't add to it:

FinsWin
hrubes20
RyDigga
Killer Nacho
finsyanksmancs
ukdolfan
Dolphins82
clevermelvin
KlassiK
Cddolphin
patdt13
JCool333
rycombs
WaterBear56
Jaytotha
DolphWins

Not even sure if all of these posters are still active on the site, but I've kept this list intact for the last 6 years or so.

I certainly can't assure anyone of a spot, but if one opens up, this is the list I will be working from to find a replacement.


It's cool man. There's a couple of guys I haven't seen post for awhile. Hopefully one opens up but if not I like hearing the banter
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mercury22


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 12776
Location: the 50 yard line
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
The last 3 years I have hoped to get in this...... Love how dedicated everyone is year after year


Hey Jay, thanks for your patience. Sorry about the wait and that's why I elected to stop adding to the waiting list. For what its worth, here is the waiting list I have on file, and will still use but won't add to it:

FinsWin
hrubes20
RyDigga
Killer Nacho
finsyanksmancs
ukdolfan
Dolphins82
clevermelvin
KlassiK
Cddolphin
patdt13
JCool333
rycombs
WaterBear56
Jaytotha
DolphWins

Not even sure if all of these posters are still active on the site, but I've kept this list intact for the last 6 years or so.

I certainly can't assure anyone of a spot, but if one opens up, this is the list I will be working from to find a replacement.


It's cool man. There's a couple of guys I haven't seen post for awhile. Hopefully one opens up but if not I like hearing the banter


At one point we had 3 leagues going. I gotta believe SOME league has an opening. Either way, I'll keep you posted. All the best!!
_________________
"22 players are involved in every football play. To value precisely the activity of one of them, it is first necessary to account for the actions of the other 21"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DolphWins


Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Posts: 1516
Location: Nashville
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had two leagues last year, Yours truly was champ in the 2nd.
_________________


Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
157 Rush - 628 Yards - 4.0 Avg - 2 TD [] 25 Rec - 166 Yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xXxHOUSEDxXx


Joined: 05 Jul 2007
Posts: 4956
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The champ will be back to defend his title!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mercury22


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 12776
Location: the 50 yard line
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
The champ will be back to defend his title!


Fantastic. I need someone to dethrone. Smile Welcome back, Champ!!
_________________
"22 players are involved in every football play. To value precisely the activity of one of them, it is first necessary to account for the actions of the other 21"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IrishDolfan


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 6102
Location: Belfast, Ireland
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you seriously trying to tell me that this has been going for almost a decade???? Wow!!!

While I do not post much anymore I still read the forum daily. I also will be back to try and get my hands back on the title.

Irish Dolfan
_________________
FF member #1205

Profanity is the one language known by all programmers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mercury22


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 12776
Location: the 50 yard line
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishDolfan wrote:
Are you seriously trying to tell me that this has been going for almost a decade???? Wow!!!

While I do not post much anymore I still read the forum daily. I also will be back to try and get my hands back on the title.

Irish Dolfan


Yep, 9 years now! Amazing, and we have quite a few original members from that first year. Most impressive and pretty cool. We also have one guy who won 3 times in a row! 3-peat!! I'm only one title behind you though, Irish! I plan on getting that title this year and then passing you at the 10 year mark next year!

Anyway, welcome back, sir!!
_________________
"22 players are involved in every football play. To value precisely the activity of one of them, it is first necessary to account for the actions of the other 21"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maddogg


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1671
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away......
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stay away from fantasy football, I seem to bring the Madden curse to my first round selection. ad in the way the schedule is for myself and who I face that week and I'm lucky to finish a season at .500.

Overall its been years since I participated in fantasy sports. I did dominate baseball at CBS Sports for 6 years in the 90's and Hockey I won a few leagues back then also. I also had some good runs with the NCAA tourney at ESPN back then too, Gonzaga was a godsend to my bracket.

But football, you would look at my roster even in hindsight and say "Damn thats a good team how could you not win?" Very easy my friend, very easy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IrishDolfan


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 6102
Location: Belfast, Ireland
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt we will see Finman this year. He is probably too busy in his new job with the Vikings scouting department to be playing Fantasy Football.

In fact, all that info he now has at his finger tips could give him an unfair advantage lol Laughing

Irish Dolfan
_________________
FF member #1205

Profanity is the one language known by all programmers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eugenebaldy


Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 3421
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey...I am in.
_________________



Bum Phillips:"Don Shula can take his'n and beat your'n, and then take your'n and beat his'n"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mercury22


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 12776
Location: the 50 yard line
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, Baldy!! So that means we only have two spots in question. I've PM'ed each of those members to see if they are coming back. Beyond that, I'd like to set a date today for the draft. I am going to preliminary set the draft date and time for Saturday, August 31st, at 2pm EST.

This can be adjusted, but my experience is that if we don't have more than one or two objections we should keep the date and time as is. We are likely to lose one or two people to the dreaded auto-draft (auto draft seems to make excellent teams). So, if you have a conflict, please say so, but please understand if we don't move the time/date.

Looking forward to this!!

Kindly,

Merc
_________________
"22 players are involved in every football play. To value precisely the activity of one of them, it is first necessary to account for the actions of the other 21"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skatewood2


Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 5742
Location: Kent, WA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Welcome back, Baldy!! So that means we only have two spots in question. I've PM'ed each of those members to see if they are coming back. Beyond that, I'd like to set a date today for the draft. I am going to preliminary set the draft date and time for Saturday, August 31st, at 2pm EST.

This can be adjusted, but my experience is that if we don't have more than one or two objections we should keep the date and time as is. We are likely to lose one or two people to the dreaded auto-draft (auto draft seems to make excellent teams). So, if you have a conflict, please say so, but please understand if we don't move the time/date.

Looking forward to this!!

Kindly,

Merc


Merc,
I don't have a problem with the Saturday draft date, but is it possible to have it later in the day like around 2 p.m. Pacific? I work till noon on Saturdays underway.
_________________



NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mercury22


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 12776
Location: the 50 yard line
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatewood2 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
Welcome back, Baldy!! So that means we only have two spots in question. I've PM'ed each of those members to see if they are coming back. Beyond that, I'd like to set a date today for the draft. I am going to preliminary set the draft date and time for Saturday, August 31st, at 2pm EST.

This can be adjusted, but my experience is that if we don't have more than one or two objections we should keep the date and time as is. We are likely to lose one or two people to the dreaded auto-draft (auto draft seems to make excellent teams). So, if you have a conflict, please say so, but please understand if we don't move the time/date.

Looking forward to this!!

Kindly,

Merc


Merc,
I don't have a problem with the Saturday draft date, but is it possible to have it later in the day like around 2 p.m. Pacific? I work till noon on Saturdays underway.


I don't mind going later, but I'd like to hear from IrishDolfan since he is in Ireland and I don't want to schedule the time in middle of the night for him. Traditionally, I think we've done it around 2pm EST to accommodate everyone, but if we don't have objections I really don't mind moving it to 2pm PST/5pm EST. Please speak up, if you have time or date conflicts, guys! I promise to try and accommodate everyone, but can't promise we get everyones schedule to fit.
_________________
"22 players are involved in every football play. To value precisely the activity of one of them, it is first necessary to account for the actions of the other 21"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IrishDolfan


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 6102
Location: Belfast, Ireland
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Welcome back, Baldy!! So that means we only have two spots in question. I've PM'ed each of those members to see if they are coming back. Beyond that, I'd like to set a date today for the draft. I am going to preliminary set the draft date and time for Saturday, August 31st, at 2pm EST.

This can be adjusted, but my experience is that if we don't have more than one or two objections we should keep the date and time as is. We are likely to lose one or two people to the dreaded auto-draft (auto draft seems to make excellent teams). So, if you have a conflict, please say so, but please understand if we don't move the time/date.

Looking forward to this!!

Kindly,

Merc


This is the one weekend that I cannot make. I am in England this weekend for a family wedding. If we could move it to the previous week it would be perfect. If not I will auto draft.

Irish Dolfan
_________________
FF member #1205

Profanity is the one language known by all programmers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smokeRICKYsmoke


Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 764
Location: NEW JERSEY
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday draft is fine with me but i work until 4 pm est so if we could move it back to 5pm that would be great....
_________________

-xbox live - KINGKONG609 and HALFWAYCROOK609
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group