Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hernandez charged with murder - Released by Pats II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
Why would anyone want someone other than Tom Brady? If I was a Pats fan my entire wardrobe would consist of Tom Brady, not just jerseys.

Some people may want to be different. Its like you see a lot of people with Brady Jerseys and you come to the realisation that everybody has one and you want to be different from everybody else.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
Why would anyone want someone other than Tom Brady? If I was a Pats fan my entire wardrobe would consist of Tom Brady, not just jerseys.

They all probably already have Brady jerseys.

That's my point. If Tom Brady is your QB why wear something else. Like ever?

I don't really think you should buy jerseys of any player personally, but that's a bit off topic.
Tom Brady Tribute
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:

I don't really think you should buy jerseys of any player personally, but that's a bit off topic.

Why is that? Sounds like you may have a good reason.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:

Well in general, with all the cuts/trades/free-agency/arrests/etc that goes on with players in sports it's just seems wasteful, of course someone like an elite NFL QB would be different but in general, i don't think it's worth it.
Tom Brady Tribute
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:

Well in general, with all the cuts/trades/free-agency/arrests/etc that goes on with players in sports it's just seems wasteful, of course someone like an elite NFL QB would be different but in general, i don't think it's worth it.

I feel the same way about jersey's. Last jersey I bought was Dan Morgan, we all saw what happened to him. If I ever buy another one, it will be a guy that has became synonymous with the team and will always be known for what he did with that team. For the Panthers, I'd consider buying a Steve Smith jersey just because he's probably never going to play for another team. Instead of a jersey, I usually buy a couple of mesh polos and shirts each year. Roughly the same price.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I'm in that boat now. I can only wear one of my Packers jerseys this season. Rodgers , Collins, Jennings, Woodson.

I'm done buying jerseys.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:

I've never understood why fans get so upset when the guy whose jersey they own is no longer with the team (other than in cases where the guy is arrested or goes to a hated rival).

When you go to a Patriots game, there are thousands of Brady and Gronkowski jerseys, but the guy with the JR Redmond or Larry Izzo jersey stands out more (and the guy with the Sedrick Shaw jersey is obviously a relative of Sedrick Shaw Very Happy )
TheNutGronker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:

I've never understood why fans get so upset when the guy whose jersey they own is no longer with the team (other than in cases where the guy is arrested or goes to a hated rival).

When you go to a Patriots game, there are thousands of Brady and Gronkowski jerseys, but the guy with the JR Redmond or Larry Izzo jersey stands out more (and the guy with the Sedrick Shaw jersey is obviously a relative of Sedrick Shaw Very Happy )

Exactly, me neither. Moss may have been a total basketcase but I'll still rock his jersey on gameday. If I had a Vinatieri jersey in 2006 though it would have been thrown away.

As in...sold to someone else. For money.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:

I wouldn't be upset if i bought a jersey of a player that ended up off the team after a couple of years. I just find the whole thing wasteful because most people don't keep wearing those old Larry Izzo/J.R. Redmond jerseys, they go out and get a new one of a current player.

I just don't really see the point of buying a jersey.
Tom Brady Tribute
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:

The same reason someone would buy any insanely overpriced and (usually) ugly piece of clothing.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

The same reason someone would buy any insanely overpriced and (usually) ugly piece of clothing.

Huh... yeah. And a jersey is something that a lot of people end up exchanging when a player leaves just a year or two after they bought his jersey in favor of a current player, which is even more silly.
Tom Brady Tribute
TheNutGronker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Deion came back in 2010 I ran and got an 84 Branch jersey. There's just some players whose jersey you wanna own...

I liked being the only dude with an 84 Branch jersey too. Used to yell "I HAVE HIS JERSEY" at the bar whenever he made a big play...every 6 games or so...
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
AH Court Docs: Cell phone found on Odin Lloyd's body. Text from AH phone morning of murder "We still on" #fox25

http://twitter.com/TedDanielFOX25/statuses/354666949797621762

Quote:
Details from #Hernandez search warrants (150+ pages) trickling in. Police took 2 cell phones, 3 iPads, video camera & hard drive from home.

http://twitter.com/WesleyLowery/statuses/354665061823942658

Quote:
"When officers told #Hernandez they were conducting a death investigation, Hernandez slammed the door and locked it behind him."

http://twitter.com/WesleyLowery/statuses/354665618722652163

Tom Brady Tribute
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Police searched contents of Hernandez's locker with Patriots

https://twitter.com/KevinGArmstrong/status/354683746986913792

Tom Brady Tribute
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ So we've finally found a level to which even Aaron Hernandez's stupidity doesn't fall. He didn't keep guns or ammunition in his locker at the Patriots' facility.

Honestly, given his apparent lack of anything approaching intelligence so far in this case, I'm actually a little impressed that he had enough smarts to not stash guns and drugs at work.

Though going off those text messages, his standard of written English is less than impressive.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 34 of 43

Jump to: