Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hernandez charged with murder - Released by Pats II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Because they're already taking a bath on this, losing a couple million dollars.

They didn't lose a "couple million dollars" on the jersey exchange. They exchanged an estimated 1,200 jerseys. Even if every single one of those was a high-end authentic (which many/most probably weren't), you're talking $250 a pop - $300K total. Even with the overhead costs (security, extra workers in the store, advertising), it's probably not even half a million.

Already made Hernandez jerseys, plus the shipping and manufacturing and all that jazz. That's a lot of wasted money.

And then subtract probably 75% markup fees that they're not actually "losing", and it's a smaller number yet.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Because they're already taking a bath on this, losing a couple million dollars.

They didn't lose a "couple million dollars" on the jersey exchange. They exchanged an estimated 1,200 jerseys. Even if every single one of those was a high-end authentic (which many/most probably weren't), you're talking $250 a pop - $300K total. Even with the overhead costs (security, extra workers in the store, advertising), it's probably not even half a million.

Already made Hernandez jerseys, plus the shipping and manufacturing and all that jazz. That's a lot of wasted money.

I highly doubt the team store would have millions of dollars of pre-markup jerseys. The store, when I've gone, has a fairly small number of each player on display and I'm guessing a fairly limited stock in the back. Even if we're talking 1500 jerseys (which would be a crazy high estimate IMO), that's not all that much money in terms of what the team has paid for them. They buy them in bulk straight from the distributor.

The rest of the "already made jerseys"? Not the team's problem. They don't buy those things and distribute them. It sucks for the sporting good stores, but AFAIK the Pats haven't compensated (or offered to do so) private retailers for their Hernandez jerseys.

Most of these jerseys are made in sweatshops for pennies and shipped/bought in bulk. They might cost you $200, but it's costing the team much less than than per item. The loss on the Hernandez inventory in the Pats' pro-shop (or other team owned stores) is probably quite minimal.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Hernandez removed from Madden and NCAA Football 14; replaced with Alex Smith in Ultimate Team mode.

http://twitter.com/sbnation/statuses/354269701091762176
Tom Brady Tribute
Persian Bolt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random thought if fans show up with a Hernandez jersey at any NFL stadium, do you think security would deny access for PR reasons?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
Aaron Hernandez removed from Madden and NCAA Football 14; replaced with Alex Smith in Ultimate Team mode.

Sad day when Alex Smith gets recognized.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:

Sad day when Alex Smith gets recognized.

I don't know what Ultimate Team mode is but they are doing it wrong if the Bengals #4 TE is on it... Laughing

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
RT @RonBorges: Bob Kraft spoke for 1st time on Aaron Hernandez fallout. "Duped'' and "sad'' were the operative words.

Quote:
Bob Kraft statement on #Patriots Hernandez release: "Let me be clear, we decided the week prior to Aaron’s arrest that if Aaron was arrested in connection with the Lloyd murder case that we would cut him immediately after. The rationale behind that decision was that if any member of the New England Patriots organization is close enough to a murder investigation to actually get arrested — whether it be for obstruction of justice or the crime itself, it is too close to an unthinkable act for that person to be part of this organization going forward.”

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rl8c4k
Tom Brady Tribute
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Letter from Aaron Hernandez that he sent to the Patriots 6 days before the draft in 2010:

Quote:
Dear Mr. Caserio,

I am writing in regards to some of the feedback I am receiving from my agents, Florida coaches, and other personnel. These sources have indicated that NFL teams have questions about my alleged use of marijuana. I personally answered these questions during the pre-draft process, but understand that NFL teams want to conduct thorough due diligence before making the significant financial investment inherent in a high draft pick. I have no issue with these questions being asked, but thought that it made the most sense to communicate with you directly regarding this issue so you would not have to rely upon second-hand information.

Any information I volunteer to you about my past will be looked at with great skepticism as I am trying to get drafted as high as possible by an NFL team. As such, I thought that the best way to answer your questions and your concerns was to make a very simple proposition. If you draft me as a member of the New England Patriots, I will willfully submit to a bi-weekly drug test throughout my rookie season (8 drug tests during the 2010 regular season). In addition, I will tie any guaranteed portion of my 2010 compensation to these drug tests and reimburse the team a pro-rata amount for any failed drug test. My agents have explained that a direct forfeiture provision in my contract along these lines would violate the CBA rules. However, I have instructed them to be creative in finding a contract structure that would work on in the worst case scenario, I would donate the pro-rata portion of any guaranteed money to the team's choice of charities. My point is simple -- if I fail a drug test, I do not deserve that portion of the money.

I realize that this offer is somewhat unorthodox, but it is also the only way I could think of to let you know how serious I am about reaching my potential in the NFL. My coaches have told you that nobody on our Florida team worked harder than me in terms of workouts, practices or games. You have your own evaluation as to the type of impact I can have on your offense. The only X-factor, according to the reports I have heard, is concerns about my use of recreational drugs. To address that concern, I am literally putting my money where my mouth is and taking the financial risk away from the team and putting it directly on my back where it belongs.

In closing, I ask you to trust me when I say you have absolutely nothing to worry about when it comes to me and the use of recreational drugs. I have set very high goals for myself in the NFL and am focused 100% on achieving those goals. So, test me all you want during my rookie year ... all of the results will be negative while I am having an overwhelmingly positive impact on the field.

Good luck with your preparations for the NFL Draft and feel free to contact me or my agency (Athletes First/David Dunn) with any questions.

Sincerely,

Aaron Hernandez
University of Florida

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/07/full_text_of_letter_aaron_hernandez_sent_new_engla.html
Tom Brady Tribute
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
More than 2,500 of Aaron Hernandez' jerseys were exchanged this weekend, which cost the team roughly $250,000 in retail.

http://twitter.com/jeffphowe/statuses/354336896480067584

Quote:
30 percent of exchanges were youth jerseys. Wilfork was the most popular exchange, followed by Brady. Gronk, Jones, Ridley also in top 5.

http://twitter.com/jeffphowe/statuses/354337125375819778
Tom Brady Tribute
Persian Bolt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
More than 2,500 of Aaron Hernandez' jerseys were exchanged this weekend, which cost the team roughly $250,000 in retail.

Quote:
30 percent of exchanges were youth jerseys. Wilfork was the most popular exchange, followed by Brady. Gronk, Jones, Ridley also in top 5.

Wait Tebow isn't on that list? I'm shocked.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would anyone want someone other than Tom Brady? If I was a Pats fan my entire wardrobe would consist of Tom Brady, not just jerseys.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
Why would anyone want someone other than Tom Brady? If I was a Pats fan my entire wardrobe would consist of Tom Brady, not just jerseys.

They all probably already have Brady jerseys.
Tom Brady Tribute
green24

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Persian Bolt wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Wait Tebow isn't on that list? I'm shocked.

I doubt many Patriots fans would buy Tebow jersey. Just like most people that bought Jets Tebow jerseys were not actually Jets fans.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
shawn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:

Totally, if I was a pats fan I would be wearing uggs and driving a dodge dart...oh, and wheaties > Gronk-flakes.

sig made by mike23md
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:

They all probably already have Brady jerseys.

That's my point. If Tom Brady is your QB why wear something else. Like ever?

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 33 of 43

Jump to: