Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Green Bay's Top 22 for 2013 (#7)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is #7?
Morgan Burnett
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
Jordy Nelson
31%
 31%  [ 10 ]
Casey Hayward
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Eddie Lacy
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Datone Jones
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Sam Shields
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
JerMichael Finley
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
AJ Hawk
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tramon Williams
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nick Perry
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 32

badgers0821

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Green Bay's Top 22 for 2013 (#7) Reply with quote

"Everybody brings their own ish to the question imho. For me the question changes after our two undeniable superstars are tagged #1 and #2. Go back to last year's thread and Woodson was ranked way, way higher than he should have been just because he got love for his career and presence. That wasn't wrong, it was just career appreciation for a Hall of Famer.

For me, I sometimes cheat and get the beat going for a player I'd like to see get ranked higher than he might otherwise go. I agree with Bulaga winning the spot right now, but I'm pushing Datone out of the belief that he will make the entire defense better than it was last year.

Long story short, use your own rules, use different rules when you want, and have fun arguing your position."

-blueswedeshoes

Take a second to explain why you picked who you picked.

Just as a reminder I will run these polls for one day. If there still is not a clear winner I will run it longer. Vote away!

1. Aaron Rodgers (100%)
2. Clay Matthews (100%)
3. Randall Cobb (48%)
4. B.J. Raji (44%)
5. Bryan Bulaga (46%)
6. Josh Sitton (61%)
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan Burnett easily here for me. The Pack can withstand an injury at the other CB or WR positions and still be ok. If Burnett was to go down, the defense is serious trouble.
badgers0821

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
Morgan Burnett easily here for me. The Pack can withstand an injury at the other CB or WR positions and still be ok. If Burnett was to go down, the defense is serious trouble.

Agreed, a lot of depth at CB.
Kal-El

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:

I don't want to claim to know the "right way" to do this, but I'm not sure I follow this rationale. I mean, if Kuhn were sidelined, we'd have no real FB to speak of as a replacement, but that doesn't catapult him higher up the ranking of our roster. Grant it, FB is not awfully important to begin with, but you see my point? Or if we had another elite QB to backup Aaron Rodgers -- say, Tom Brady -- I'd still rank Aaron at #1. I'd then rank Brady at #2.

I see Burnett and Sam Shields having comparable positional value, but also see Shields as a more productive player, so I go with him. That the depth behind Burnett is bad only means our backup safeties should rank lower than our backup CBs, not that the starters should be ranked higher.

Just my two cents on the "value" side of this thing; it's very much intertwined with production.

<33333333
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went Perry. Didn't want to go Burnett because well, he's not all that good. Yeah he racks up the tackles but his game was always ok at best. I wanted a difference maker. Who has a chance to be that? A few people. Finley, Datone, Lacy, Franklin, Perry. I took out the rooks. Finley and Perry. Finley has to compete for targets with Cobb, Nelson, Jones, and the rest. Perry though has a good shot to be an 8+ sack guy.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nelson for me. He needs to stay healthy. Jones and Cobb is good but we need that #1

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool

#JDI
Trizzcuit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
Nelson for me. He needs to stay healthy. Jones and Cobb is good but we need that #1

Went Jordy as well. We need him to have a big year.
mikemike778

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way too early to go Shields - arguably our 3rd best corner.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trizzcuit wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

Went Jordy as well. We need him to have a big year.

I can barely see an argument for anyone outside him. Burnett is the only one imo, with Shields next.

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool

#JDI
smetana34

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikemike778 wrote:

You have to explain this one to me
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikemike778 wrote:
That would be a very weak argument for Shields as out #3 best CB. Tramon hasn't been right since 2010. Shields is pretty easily the better player right now. Hayward and Shields is a toss up depending on what u like more from your CB but Shields is #2 at worst and has a strong argument as our best DB.

Kempes on the custom sig!
pollino14

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Jordy and Casey as my 4th and 5th guys so Jordy now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikemike778 wrote:

Is this the new slowpoke? In what world is Shields our third best corner?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal-El wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:

I don't want to claim to know the "right way" to do this, but I'm not sure I follow this rationale. I mean, if Kuhn were sidelined, we'd have no real FB to speak of as a replacement, but that doesn't catapult him higher up the ranking of our roster. Grant it, FB is not awfully important to begin with, but you see my point? Or if we had another elite QB to backup Aaron Rodgers -- say, Tom Brady -- I'd still rank Aaron at #1. I'd then rank Brady at #2.

I see Burnett and Sam Shields having comparable positional value, but also see Shields as a more productive player, so I go with him. That the depth behind Burnett is bad only means our backup safeties should rank lower than our backup CBs, not that the starters should be ranked higher.

Just my two cents on the "value" side of this thing; it's very much intertwined with production.

Totally agree with you on this. I've mainly been going off of talent/potential (for this season). If that's close for two players, then I go position (for instance, I voted Bulaga over Sitton). At this point I think Shields is a lot more talented than Burnett so I voted Shields. At this point though, there's not really a wrong option. There are a lot of different ways you could argue for the players in the 7-12 range.
badgers0821

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have the closes race yet, keep it up. Don't forget to comment as to why you chose the player you did.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: