Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weeden Most Improved QB in 2013?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
1 well first of all weeden will get hurt so less opportunity for him to improve.
2 alex smith syndrome new oc every year kills young qbs.
3 gordon going to take a while to build chemistry.
4 haslam this will enter the lockeroom this will cause everybody to stop focusing on football and talk about jimmy

I'd rather see some steelers posting in here than you right now... A least they try and bring up valid points...

well first of all if i am wrong i say so look at alex smith in his second year under a different condinator.
sorry even experienced qbs have problems with new oc.

Edit

Double post FTL

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!

Last edited by nugpimpen on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
1 well first of all weeden will get hurt so less opportunity for him to improve.
4 haslam this will enter the lockeroom this will cause everybody to stop focusing on football and talk about jimmy

I'd rather see some steelers posting in here than you right now... A least they try and bring up valid points...

well first of all if i am wrong i say so look at alex smith in his second year under a different condinator.

That may be the only point that you made that I agree with.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
DawgX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
mtmmike wrote:

So because Alex Smith struggled, that means Weeden will? Great logic.

Not saying Weeden won't struggle but your logic is flawed to say the least.

I'm not sure how good Weeden will be this year, but I'm sure he'll improve from last year. He now has experience, has better talent around him and is in an offense that should suit him much better than the WCO.

If Weeden wants to be the starting QB beyond this year, then he better have a good year.

Smack on the sig.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
After studying each of Brandon Weeden's rookie-year throws, ESPN's Ron Jaworski came away "impressed" and believes Weeden "will be a rock-solid NFL starter in Norv Turner's offense."
Weeden's pocket presence was a question mark coming out of Oklahoma State, but Jaws observed on tape that, "For a rookie, Weeden showed uncommon poise and calm in the pocket" with "consistently solid" mechanics. Jaworski was also impressed with Weeden's "ability to sit on his back foot and drive the ball with velocity." Added Jaws, "There's no question in my mind that his throwing skill set and Turner's quarterback-friendly system will mesh effectively." Weeden has deep-sleeper QB2 appeal under QB gurus Turner and Rob Chudzinski.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/263882/jaws-weeden-will-be-rock-solid-nfl-starter
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Quote:
After studying each of Brandon Weeden's rookie-year throws, ESPN's Ron Jaworski came away "impressed" and believes Weeden "will be a rock-solid NFL starter in Norv Turner's offense."
Weeden's pocket presence was a question mark coming out of Oklahoma State, but Jaws observed on tape that, "For a rookie, Weeden showed uncommon poise and calm in the pocket" with "consistently solid" mechanics. Jaworski was also impressed with Weeden's "ability to sit on his back foot and drive the ball with velocity." Added Jaws, "There's no question in my mind that his throwing skill set and Turner's quarterback-friendly system will mesh effectively." Weeden has deep-sleeper QB2 appeal under QB gurus Turner and Rob Chudzinski.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/263882/jaws-weeden-will-be-rock-solid-nfl-starter

I saw his segment on ESPN

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Quote:

This is somewhat significant since Jaws was very tough on Weeden early on. He became more complimentary as the season went on, but this is by far the most positive he's been.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Quote:

This is somewhat significant since Jaws was very tough on Weeden early on. He became more complimentary as the season went on, but this is by far the most positive he's been.

Well this is what we call but as browns fans don't give time for... Development haha
mtmmike

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Quote:

Well this is what we call but as browns fans don't give time for... Development haha

I hope he is right I like jaws glad springtraining is only 24 days away.
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Quote:

I hope he is right I like jaws glad springtraining is only 24 days away.

I hope he is right, too.

All the stars are aligned for Weeden: Favorable O scheme, good/great OC, a pretty strong OL, a good running game and a pretty good (except maybe for TE) receiving corps.

If he doesn't show a lot now, we will be using our #1 and probably more of our picks next year on a QB.
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:

If he doesn't show a lot now, we will be using our #1 and probably more of our picks next year on a QB.

well next year is the draft to need a QB because that QB class is loaded IMO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: